R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-22-2004, 10:05 AM   #12196
Tech Regular

Thank to all you guy that replied to my question!
Ducati998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 12:33 PM   #12197
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default 16 x 19 side belt ratio

Can someone post the link to this topic,cant seem to find in search funtion. Want to read about pros and cons with it" THANKS
rcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 01:59 PM   #12198
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have been using the conversion for some time now. I use the conversion usually during a main, sometimes during qualifying. I really do not see much handling difference. I have noticed that if I use the conversion with the rear tires the same size as the front it wears out the front 16 tooth pulley faster than normal and is harder on the front belt, but I like it. Keeps my car handling very consistently throughout a long main.
Old 05-22-2004, 03:09 PM   #12199
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Re: 3-Racing Universals

Quote:
Originally posted by gonzoY5
Everyone bashes the 3-Racing Universals but I've only broken one in 6 months of racing, and that was when I clipped a barrier on a top speed sweeper. I also tore off my Upper and Lower arms so it wasn't a soft hit. I think those people that call them so cheap need to stop crashing so much.

And even if they're not the same quality as the Mugen Uni's you can get them here http://www.jplracing.com/shop/ for $11 a pair. Even if they don't last as long you can still get 3 pairs for the cost of one of the "better" quality ones.
Some others have different experience with them. Most peopl's 3Racing universals break upon a small tap, or sometimes, when even nothing seemed to have happened, and the universals just blew up.

Guess u got a good one.
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 03:11 PM   #12200
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by BrainTeased
Im using a Q-world no probs at all uses one motor setup.
yah. i use the same one for many years now. It has never failed me, and it is still running strong.

Best R/C investment yet
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 03:47 PM   #12201
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Profoxcg

do you guys know if I can use my serpent started boc for when I build my mugen?
Profoxcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 05:10 PM   #12202
Q
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Ducati998
Hi! I was wondering what starter box do you guys use? Thinking of getting a new one. ThanK!
I use associated starter box and it works well with mtx-3. you have to turn the motor inside which is no problem.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 05:41 PM   #12203
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Profoxcg
do you guys know if I can use my serpent started boc for when I build my mugen?
You can but you'll need to manually line up your chassis each time.

Maybe you can do a hack mod job on the rear guide.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:44 PM   #12204
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just got my MTX-3 finished today, but my only problem is what the heck are you supposed to use for a reciever pack. The directions aren't very clear on that. I fiddled with different packs all morning. The only thing that will fit could be phone size cells or like five AAA batteries. Anyone know for sure.
Old 05-22-2004, 08:02 PM   #12205
Tech Regular

Bingo...that's exactly what it is. 5 cell AAA pack in a 3x2 hump configuration.
gonzoY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 08:05 PM   #12206
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by TOEBSTER2
I just got my MTX-3 finished today, but my only problem is what the heck are you supposed to use for a reciever pack. The directions aren't very clear on that. I fiddled with different packs all morning. The only thing that will fit could be phone size cells or like five AAA batteries. Anyone know for sure.
Yea i was told to use 5 AAA batteries! but i was thinking if they were 1.5V each that would = to 7.5 volts! but for size yea AAA's or you can get the hump packs which are a smaller type of cell and work great, and works out to 6 Volts.
Old 05-22-2004, 08:08 PM   #12207
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I just got my new chassis today and I will take some pix of it for you guys. The chassis is made by PRP. 7075 4mm chassis with 4mm carbon fiber shock towers. The chassis is CNC cut. It's pretty clean.
Old 05-22-2004, 08:15 PM   #12208
Tech Regular

I finally got my mtx-3 started today after manage to turn my wheel on the Associated box, now I won't have to get a new one. Anyway the problem is that after starting up my engine for a while it run for about couples of minutes then it dies. Then when I tried to start it up again it die right away. I tried to adjust the high speed, but it don't seem to work. Do you guy no what maybe the problem? I'm thinking it maybe the glow plug gone bad, but what do you guy think? Thank!
Old 05-22-2004, 08:25 PM   #12209
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ducati998
I finally got my mtx-3 started today after manage to turn my wheel on the Associated box, now I won't have to get a new one. Anyway the problem is that after starting up my engine for a while it run for about couples of minutes then it dies. Then when I tried to start it up again it die right away. I tried to adjust the high speed, but it don't seem to work. Do you guy no what maybe the problem? I'm thinking it maybe the glow plug gone bad, but what do you guy think? Thank!
Does it idle loud or really sluggish? try to play with your low speed screw as thats what your car is running at when you start it. also when you say it runs for a coupler of mins do you mean driving for a couple of mins or idling for a coupler of mins?
Old 05-22-2004, 08:33 PM   #12210
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by BrainTeased
Does it idle loud or really sluggish? try to play with your low speed screw as thats what your car is running at when you start it. also when you say it runs for a coupler of mins do you mean driving for a couple of mins or idling for a coupler of mins?

It idel pretty loud. Today when starting it I did not run the car. I just added fuel and fired it up to make sure it run. The first time I started it up it idel for a while just sitting there then it dies all sudden then after that I have a bit rouble fireing it up again. I'm runnign a turbo plug, I tried to take the plug out and connect it with the glow plug ignitor, the plug wire didn't turn too bright but I'm not sure if turbo plug suppose to do that, I never used a turbo plug before. I'll try to play the low speed and see, thank!