R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-18-2004, 11:35 AM   #11986
Tech Fanatic
 
alucard13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 946
Default

While I was racing last sat whenever I turned right on a particular turn I would either roll or the right wheels would lift. How would I correct that?
alucard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 11:52 AM   #11987
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 927
Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by alucard13
While I was racing last sat whenever I turned right on a particular turn I would either roll or the right wheels would lift. How would I correct that?
Slow down
__________________
Dremel UK - Schumacher Racing - Vapextech UK - MBModels UK - MRT
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 12:13 PM   #11988
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: lay down throttle servo kit!

Quote:
Originally posted by boy2rc
NIce
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 12:14 PM   #11989
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by alucard13
While I was racing last sat whenever I turned right on a particular turn I would either roll or the right wheels would lift. How would I correct that?
Check your track width, besides 200mm make sure left is the same as right from the center of the chassis. Also check your shock bladders make sure they are in good shape especially your left side.
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 12:25 PM   #11990
Tech Fanatic
 
alucard13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 946
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10
Check your track width, besides 200mm make sure left is the same as right from the center of the chassis. Also check your shock bladders make sure they are in good shape especially your left side.
I will check it out. Thanx.
alucard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 12:26 PM   #11991
Tech Fanatic
 
alucard13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 946
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman
Slow down
If i was any slower I wouldn't be able to make it around the track before the time ran out
alucard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 02:07 PM   #11992
Tech Regular
 
Varuth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 309
Default Tire Truer

Any idea if this Tire True is good?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 63_orig.jpg (17.5 KB, 109 views)
Varuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 02:45 PM   #11993
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: Tire Truer

Quote:
Originally posted by Varuth
Any idea if this Tire True is good?
The GQ one seems pretty nice





A brand new fully automatic tire truer from GQ Products. This is by far the most advanced tire truer available on the market right now and if you compare the price to similar truers out there the price is a bargain!

Technical notes:


Regulated speed for fully automatic tire truing
Adjustable edge sanding
Tire width cutting adjustment
Adjustable diameter (40-80mm)
Truing angle 0 to 2 degrees
Wheels adapters for all 1/10 and 1/8 cars
Titanium nitrite coated cutting tool
Transparent protective cover
Collecting container for ground rubber
Tool/Wrench/Adapter holder
Automatic edge sanding:


This new Edge Sanding Feature enables you to safely true your foam tire edges.
You do not need to find an additional file to true your tire edges.
This makes the whole truing operation much safer.
Adjustable Tire Width to fit all classes tyre width
Adjustable Tire Diameter to fit all classes tyre diameter
Adjustable tire width:


The new Adjustable Tyre Width Feature enables you to easily adjust the width of the cutting area.
You do not have to wait for the time to travel to the end and return.
The new cutting adjustment is controlled by an easy-to-use operating handle.
This makes the whole truing operation much quicker and more flexible.
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 02:56 PM   #11994
Tech Master
 
eddiethefish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Montebello, California
Posts: 1,658
Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish
Default

SQUARE SMR-6 64 Ti Hollow Mid Shaft
SQUARE SMR-17R 64 Ti Hollow 2-Speed Shaft

Quote:
Originally posted by rattlr2
eddiethefish a couple pages back you posted pictures of shafts and weights. do you have part# for square lightwieght parts?i know they come out of hk but want to make sure ordering right parts just got mtx 3 and wanted to lighten up a little
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 02:59 PM   #11995
Tech Master
 
eddiethefish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Montebello, California
Posts: 1,658
Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish
Default Re: Re: Tire Truer

This one feature I seem to like most: "Edge Sanding Feature"

NOW, this is what I call "AUTOMATIC".

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10
The GQ one seems pretty nice





A brand new fully automatic tire truer from GQ Products. This is by far the most advanced tire truer available on the market right now and if you compare the price to similar truers out there the price is a bargain!

Technical notes:


Regulated speed for fully automatic tire truing
Adjustable edge sanding
Tire width cutting adjustment
Adjustable diameter (40-80mm)
Truing angle 0 to 2 degrees
Wheels adapters for all 1/10 and 1/8 cars
Titanium nitrite coated cutting tool
Transparent protective cover
Collecting container for ground rubber
Tool/Wrench/Adapter holder
Automatic edge sanding:


This new Edge Sanding Feature enables you to safely true your foam tire edges.
You do not need to find an additional file to true your tire edges.
This makes the whole truing operation much safer.
Adjustable Tire Width to fit all classes tyre width
Adjustable Tire Diameter to fit all classes tyre diameter
Adjustable tire width:


The new Adjustable Tyre Width Feature enables you to easily adjust the width of the cutting area.
You do not have to wait for the time to travel to the end and return.
The new cutting adjustment is controlled by an easy-to-use operating handle.
This makes the whole truing operation much quicker and more flexible.
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 03:32 PM   #11996
Tech Champion
 
Slotmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germantown Maryland
Posts: 5,699
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Default G.QTire truer

I think you can get the G.QTire truer at [email protected]
__________________
HOBBYWING NORTH AMERICA /FALCON SEKIDO/ TEKNO RC TEAM/VBC Racing America/VP-PRO RACING TIRES/2010 R.O.A.R. VTA National Champion Driving a T2R PRO/NANO-TECH Batteries Paul Rush
Slotmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 04:07 PM   #11997
Tech Regular
 
Varuth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 309
Default

What about the Integy Automatic one?
Varuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 04:24 PM   #11998
Tech Apprentice
 
rattlr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 91
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

thanks eddiethefish for yhe part #
rattlr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 05:20 PM   #11999
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South FLorida
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Profoxcg
Default

Quote:
While I was racing last sat whenever I turned right on a particular turn I would either roll or the right wheels would lift. How would I correct that?
1) check you track with
2) Raise your rear roll center...
3) slow down a little, not much

You just have too much tracktion in the rear (cause of the tracktion roll), I would also try a stiffer set of srpings to reduce the roll. I hope this helps
Profoxcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 05:35 PM   #12000
Tech Elite
 
Derby Bros Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,209
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

traction in the rear will not cause traction roll..
tranction in the front does.

traction in the rear causes understeer.
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:05 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net