R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2004, 10:42 PM   #11866
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 874
Default

What's up MCKrooz... Didn't see you at the track today... Team Mugen was there getting ready for the club race at Crystal park RC Raceway tomorrow/Sunday.. Mike Swauger, Robbie Collins, and Pepe were there along with Team Mugen.... Folks were calling Team OFNA and Team Associated to see if they were going to show up Sunday... Track was great in the afternoon but got alittle sloppy as the temps went down some... Sorry to post like this guys... Just passing along some info to a fellow club member... Oh, it's alway nice to be able to get Factory Team tips from Mugen Team drivers pitting right next to you... Mike and Robbie are always very helpful and represent Mugen and the Company very well!!! Oh, I put my G4 down... Kinda like putting down your favorite pet... For something just alittle bit better... MTX3...

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 10:46 PM   #11867
Tech Addict
 
mckrooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Long Beach,CA
Posts: 641
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mckrooz
Default

rc_alan, couldn't make it out today. Had to move into my new apt. But I will be out early tomorrow for the race. This time my brother is going to give it a shot at racing. So I'll be pitman. You gonna be there? I'm glad you're happy with the MTX-3. Gonna be a HUGE turnout tomorrow. We got the EZ-Up if you wanna pit with us. See ya bud.
__________________
Kyosho RRR Evo2
mckrooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 10:50 PM   #11868
Tech Fanatic
 
Data's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NCC-1701E, the Enterprise
Posts: 765
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by mckrooz
rc_alan, couldn't make it out today. Had to move into my new apt. But I will be out early tomorrow for the race. This time my brother is going to give it a shot at racing.
you too ?! no rc for me two weeks in a row now......%$$#%%$^#

have fun tomorrow
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 11:01 PM   #11869
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 874
Default

McKrooz.... I just broke in my NS3... Nice power up top but just ok off the line... You've seen my Rossi Pixy at the last race.. With the way the Mugen is geared... I was thinking of switching out the NS3 for the Rossi... Folks don't laugh... No one has a Rossi that sounds like mine nor has the power that mine does... I just hait to switch to something new right before a race...

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 11:39 PM   #11870
Tech Addict
 
Nitropimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 500
Default

Quote:
What's up MCKrooz... Didn't see you at the track today... Team Mugen was there getting ready for the club race at Crystal park RC Raceway tomorrow/Sunday.. Mike Swauger, Robbie Collins, and Pepe were there along with Team Mugen.... Folks were calling Team OFNA and Team Associated to see if they were going to show up Sunday... Track was great in the afternoon but got alittle sloppy as the temps went down some... Sorry to post like this guys... Just passing along some info to a fellow club member... Oh, it's alway nice to be able to get Factory Team tips from Mugen Team drivers pitting right next to you... Mike and Robbie are always very helpful and represent Mugen and the Company very well!!! Oh, I put my G4 down... Kinda like putting down your favorite pet... For something just alittle bit better... MTX3...
See RC_Alan it's nice to get help from Team Mugen. Up here in Northern Cal we have Jonathan and Thello who are our Team Drivers. And from what Jonathan says (well this is a NO Brainer) Mike is "THA MAN"..... Was Mike breaking in NEW FX engines?? The car is easy to setup. You won't be chasing that much setup on MTX-3 just some minor adjustments. Good luck
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 12:19 AM   #11871
Tech Addict
 
mckrooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Long Beach,CA
Posts: 641
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mckrooz
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_alan
McKrooz.... I just broke in my NS3... Nice power up top but just ok off the line... You've seen my Rossi Pixy at the last race.. With the way the Mugen is geared... I was thinking of switching out the NS3 for the Rossi... Folks don't laugh... No one has a Rossi that sounds like mine nor has the power that mine does... I just hait to switch to something new right before a race...

RC_Alan
Keep the NS3 in. With all the Team Drivers there, it'll help on the straight. See ya manana.
__________________
Kyosho RRR Evo2
mckrooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 03:46 AM   #11872
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rjl
I've been using the new zb rims from Kawahara, much stiffer rim with the same offset as fast.
Rob,
Are you saying your using 0 offset rims?
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 06:57 AM   #11873
rjl
Tech Fanatic
 
rjl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: OZ
Posts: 848
Default

No Gav, the zb rim has 1mm offset.
rjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 07:30 AM   #11874
Tech Addict
 
mckrooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Long Beach,CA
Posts: 641
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mckrooz
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Data
you too ?! no rc for me two weeks in a row now......%$$#%%$^#

have fun tomorrow
Yup, we missed you and fish Mothers day weekend.
__________________
Kyosho RRR Evo2
mckrooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 07:47 AM   #11875
Tech Fanatic
 
ilaybrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: bealeton VA
Posts: 955
Default

what is this new fx engine 5 port or 3 port
ilaybrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 10:33 AM   #11876
Tech Master
 
gentleman81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: VA Baby
Posts: 1,657
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 3Racing

as far as cvd's and the handle that breaks the upper deck i see that those are problem parts, but what about the gear housings, aluminum pulleys, and wheel hexes, are there any 3racing parts that will hold up?
__________________
MTX4R/PICCO(Trophy Taker) - SERP 950/SIRIO(Board Breaker)
PHI '08 - to be announced.....
www.vorra.org - ironbridgesportspark.com - 301raceway*4LIFE*.com
gentleman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 11:34 AM   #11877
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by mckrooz
Yup, we missed you and fish Mothers day weekend.
Hey Mckrooz, do I know you? I am the one noramlly go to crystal park with Data and Fish on Saturday, I am the one running a red and white MRX3 and latey I have been running a blue body MTX3.
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 11:37 AM   #11878
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: 3Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by gentleman81
as far as cvd's and the handle that breaks the upper deck i see that those are problem parts, but what about the gear housings, aluminum pulleys, and wheel hexes, are there any 3racing parts that will hold up?
That is a good question! now I am not bashing about 3racing at all, there are a few parts that do hold up! for example, wheel hex and pulley adaptor, engine side brace, rear shock tower are good, I have them since day one and they are still on my ride.

as for the gear housing, 2nd speed is good but first speed it has some problem, the one way bearing keep moving outward and makes the 1st speed spur rubbing the 2nd, I have to hammer it back in once a while.

I guess I might be able to say the following statement: Non moving parts from 3 racing are acceptable. except the roll bar handle.
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 11:39 AM   #11879
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ilaybrk
what is this new fx engine 5 port or 3 port
New FX series has both 5 port and 3 port.
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 11:48 AM   #11880
Tech Master
 
gentleman81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: VA Baby
Posts: 1,657
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

are 5 ports better than 3 ports?
__________________
MTX4R/PICCO(Trophy Taker) - SERP 950/SIRIO(Board Breaker)
PHI '08 - to be announced.....
www.vorra.org - ironbridgesportspark.com - 301raceway*4LIFE*.com
gentleman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:08 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net