R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-03-2004, 08:51 AM   #11326
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mckrooz

Quote:
Originally posted by Bivens

I think the RD Logics CVD's are the same as 3-racing......maybe someone else can confirm this....
I've been using the RD Logics cvd's for about 5 months now with no problems. The outdrives wore out before the cvd's. They still look new.

Last edited by mckrooz; 05-03-2004 at 06:18 PM.
mckrooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 09:37 AM   #11327
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish

nah... I think you intended to mod these outdrive to best suit with your driving style. Looks like it is fully modded, eh?

Quote:
Originally posted by mckrooz
I've been using the RD Logics cvd's for about 5 months now with no problems. The outdrives wore out before the cvd's. They still look new.
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 11:12 AM   #11328
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by mckrooz
After this weekend I have to agree with the others that said go for the Mugen CVD's. The RD Logics ones were littering the track this weekend! They seem very brittle compaired to the Mugen. I got some of the RD's and broke one within 5min (with the help of a fellow driver ) but the hit wasn't really that hard. Switched to the Mugen's and inflicted some pain on the car myself and they held up fine.
I do agree that CVD's are a must, unless like someone else here said, you like walking the track looking for your bones and outdrives.
First race with the car, 4th in the "B" had a great time, first 20min main ever. I came from an electric background, so that was 4 times longer that I ever raced before.
Oh, and by the way, the snakes got eaten up, but the one guy out there with an NT3 (i think that right) was haulin butt, won the "A" but only because the fastest Mugen broke the front end.
DocSafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 11:37 AM   #11329
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Originally posted by DocSafety
After this weekend I have to agree with the others that said go for the Mugen CVD's. The RD Logics ones were littering the track this weekend! They seem very brittle compaired to the Mugen. I got some of the RD's and broke one within 5min (with the help of a fellow driver ) but the hit wasn't really that hard. Switched to the Mugen's and inflicted some pain on the car myself and they held up fine.
I do agree that CVD's are a must, unless like someone else here said, you like walking the track looking for your bones and outdrives.
First race with the car, 4th in the "B" had a great time, first 20min main ever. I came from an electric background, so that was 4 times longer that I ever raced before.
Oh, and by the way, the snakes got eaten up, but the one guy out there with an NT3 (i think that right) was haulin butt, won the "A" but only because the fastest Mugen broke the front end.
If you grease those RD/3 racing cvd, they last pretty good but still not as long as mugen but then the cost is only 1/2.

those mugen one do break too!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 11:49 AM   #11330
Tech Master

Yeap! I support what ah10 commented and would like to assert that nothing would last. It's just how we try our best to prolong its life.

best,

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10
If you grease those RD/3 racing cvd, they last pretty good but still not as long as mugen but then the cost is only 1/2.

Old 05-03-2004, 11:59 AM   #11331
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiethefish
Yeap! I support what ah10 commented and would like to assert that nothing would last. It's just how we try our best to prolong its life.

best,
, the lube that I use is Racer's Choice Hyspin, high temperture lube. They are white and in fact I use that lube to pack the negative diff in my mtx3
Old 05-03-2004, 12:04 PM   #11332
Tech Master

White Lubricant? Are you sure it's not KY?

C'mon, tell us it's the KY in the Racer's thingy package.

Quote:
, the lube that I use is Racer's Choice Hyspin, high temperture lube. They are white and in fact I use that lube to pack the negative diff in my mtx3
Old 05-03-2004, 12:04 PM   #11333
Tech Master

Quote:
White Lubricant? Are you sure it's not KY?

C'mon, tell us it's the KY in the Racer's thingy package.

punk
Old 05-03-2004, 12:07 PM   #11334
Tech Master

Finally, we all have learned the secret of ah10. He uses KY to lube parts. No wonder he's so darn fast.

Quote:
punk
Old 05-03-2004, 12:16 PM   #11335
Tech Master

Quote:
Finally, we all have learned the secret of ah10. He uses KY to lube parts. No wonder he's so darn fast.
If that's the case, I am not the master of KY, Manticore is!
Old 05-03-2004, 12:26 PM   #11336
Tech Regular

White lube? Ky? Wow.. Does it make cars go faster?
Varuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 12:39 PM   #11337
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Varuth
White lube? Ky? Wow.. Does it make cars go faster?
If you have to put it that way then that would be something you dont need to know! you are still far from it!
Old 05-03-2004, 01:01 PM   #11338
Tech Master

Unhappy Need copy of receipt for JR R-1

Hello All,

If any of you still retain the receipt from your JR R-1 Radio, I would like to have a copy of it. This way I can send my broken Rx to Horizon and claimed the warranty. I've misplaced my doggone receipt and still been looking for it.

Please help...

poor fish
Old 05-03-2004, 01:07 PM   #11339
Tech Master

Unhappy Fixing Futaba PCM Rx

Hello All,

Does anyone know where I can have my Futaba R113IP PCM serviced? The darn thing is just stop working.

best,

poor fish
Old 05-03-2004, 02:51 PM   #11340
Tech Initiate

Quote:

Thanks for the input. Actually I did grease them, but that really doesn't help when they snap after a very minor hit does it?
DocSafety is offline   Reply With Quote