R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-01-2004, 02:18 PM   #11296
Tech Initiate

I mean still keep the rear bigger then front after a certain amount of tire wear.
rranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 06:12 PM   #11297
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Mike D
Default Re: Re: prospec

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiethefish
I do hope more than just that. I hope these Ti pillow balls will last all the way to MTX-10!!!

FYI, they don't BREAK, but BEND, so be do be very careful.
My Ti pillow balls have visable wear marks after 30 tanks. Its going to happen though... Titanium is terrible in friction wear compared to steel. I guess its the price to pay for better handling.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 06:36 PM   #11298
Tech Addict

Lightbulb Bandeira.....

I wouldn't recommend using the same color rear springs in front....the longer rear springs are effectively softer than the same-color front springs due to having one more coil and a larger spacing between coils.....I'm sure you can make rears work, but there will be some difference......some trial and error will be necessary.....As far as I'm concerned, Mugen has done a masterful job of engineering on the suspension by creating a balanced system using proper spring-rates and damping.....I'm committed to using their pistons and the intended springs.....(as for additional adjustability.......I would like the ability to change the front roll-center, but the shocks and springs are great)

You might try adding a circular spacer on the shock shaft between the ball-end and the lower spring-retainer....or use the longer ball cups, allowing the threaded end to extend further up, raising the spring slightly......also raise the threaded collar on the shock body as necessary to maintain required ride-height.....

While on this subject.....I'm curious what ride-heights everyone out there is running on what type of track layout......please provide some feedback
Bivens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 07:14 PM   #11299
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: mtx3 or pro spec

Quote:
Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
wrong decision dude. the prospec is awesome,, and you will spend $100 just on the cvd's and alloy hexes alone!
but are those pieces needed or just nice to have, i see the new chassis ok its nice but besides the universals what else does the pro spec have that will make it hands down a better car?

what do the aluminum hub hexs and cvd's do any way (keep at mind im the new kid on the 1/10 block, i was a 1/8 buggy guy)

and the cvd's ? are they on that list i posted, or are they called something else?
gentleman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 07:16 PM   #11300
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: prospec

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike D
My Ti pillow balls have visable wear marks after 30 tanks. Its going to happen though... Titanium is terrible in friction wear compared to steel. I guess its the price to pay for better handling.

how does the material of the pillow balls make a biff in the handling?
Old 05-01-2004, 07:20 PM   #11301
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: prospec

Quote:
Originally posted by gentleman81
It doesn't

It makes the car lighter (reduce unsprung weight)
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 07:26 PM   #11302
Tech Master

Default hop ups

why are all these hop ups available? i dont see a list of these, i could be just over looking them? are they all on kawahara? i see a list for the mrx3 and also i dont see any part numbers that match?

help me please
Old 05-01-2004, 07:28 PM   #11303
B
Tech Master

Default Re: hop ups

Quote:
why are all these hop ups available? i dont see a list of these, i could be just over looking them? are they all on kawahara? i see a list for the mrx3 and also i dont see any part numbers that match?

help me please
Do you mean the hop ups included in the pro spec kit?

They are not by kawahara, they are Mugen

www.mugenseiki.co.jp
Old 05-01-2004, 07:32 PM   #11304
Tech Master

Default hop ups

just hop ups in general im trying not to ask what is every part i dont know, i wanted to go to sites and do some research that way i dont fill up the board with questions, i went to kawahara and mugen are they the best places to look?

mugen has them all listed on one page i geuss u just have to go thru and see if u can find the part.
Old 05-01-2004, 07:41 PM   #11305
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Mike D
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: prospec

Quote:
Unsprung weight kills handling... especially when it is located at the end of the suspension arm. There isn't much you can do in suspension tuning to make up for it.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 08:19 PM   #11306
B
Tech Master

Default Re: hop ups

Quote:
just hop ups in general im trying not to ask what is every part i dont know, i wanted to go to sites and do some research that way i dont fill up the board with questions, i went to kawahara and mugen are they the best places to look?

mugen has them all listed on one page i geuss u just have to go thru and see if u can find the part.
you can try looking at the online shops for hop ups.

www.rcmodel.com.hk has good pictures, but not the best service.

www.rc-mushroom.com is not bad either

There is not really a website that explains what the hop ups are for, so either ask on here, or use the search engine
Old 05-02-2004, 02:05 AM   #11307
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Team Infinity Website?

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiethefish
Does anyone know the site of Team Infinity? I'm looking for a new conrod.
hey punk fish, try fantom, they might use the same conrod. good luck.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 04:02 AM   #11308
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: mtx3 or pro spec

Quote:
but are those pieces needed or just nice to have, i see the new chassis ok its nice but besides the universals what else does the pro spec have that will make it hands down a better car?

what do the aluminum hub hexs and cvd's do any way (keep at mind im the new kid on the 1/10 block, i was a 1/8 buggy guy)

and the cvd's ? are they on that list i posted, or are they called something else?
well cvd's at the front are neccessary. the alloy hex hubs will eventually make it to you "to get list" once you find yourself picking the hex hub out of the wheel you will understand.

the 4mm chassis is only 4 grams heavier and alot stronger (costs a mint seperate)

prospec has heaps of awesome option parts, shafts, pivot balls vented disk brake etc

teflon pad included not too important for mewbie.

2.5mm rear swaybar better for smaller tracks

plus pitbag, good for nEwbies to carry [email protected] in

if you asked the mtx3 owners on this board what they would get out of the pro or standard ALL would say the pro.
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 08:36 AM   #11309
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: mtx3 or pro spec

Yeah, like to get the Pro for the same price as the reg. kit!

Quote:
Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
if you asked the mtx3 owners on this board what they would get out of the pro or standard ALL would say the pro.
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 11:28 AM   #11310
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to Bandeira
Default Re: Bandeira.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Bivens
I wouldn't recommend using the same color rear springs in front....the longer rear springs are effectively softer than the same-color front springs due to having one more coil and a larger spacing between coils.....I'm sure you can make rears work, but there will be some difference......some trial and error will be necessary.....As far as I'm concerned, Mugen has done a masterful job of engineering on the suspension by creating a balanced system using proper spring-rates and damping.....I'm committed to using their pistons and the intended springs.....(as for additional adjustability.......I would like the ability to change the front roll-center, but the shocks and springs are great)

You might try adding a circular spacer on the shock shaft between the ball-end and the lower spring-retainer....or use the longer ball cups, allowing the threaded end to extend further up, raising the spring slightly......also raise the threaded collar on the shock body as necessary to maintain required ride-height.....

While on this subject.....I'm curious what ride-heights everyone out there is running on what type of track layout......please provide some feedback
Maybe (I mean really maybe) the rear greys are the same as the front blue... I wish i had the integy spring tester...
I think I may consider shortening the shocks a little bit, provided that I use the shocks longer than default beucase of the necessity of having good ride height even with smaller tyres...

About the ride height, I've raced in seral different track... There was a very smooth one in which I used 4~5mm... and in a parking lot(full of debris) I used about 1cm... It also depend on what you're using the front axle... I found that using one-ways you run the car lower...
Bandeira is offline   Reply With Quote