R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-14-2004, 10:28 PM   #10966
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine

Quote:
Originally posted by mckrooz
Guys, what are the steps to combat a dusty track? Nasty problem today with my back end kicking out.(worse when off throttle) I was running pretty much stock setup with the silver rear sway. I tried everything from removing the sway to standing the shocks up. Camber is -3. My rear droop was at 5. I was told to increase droop. Is this correct? It seems like when the track is dusty, I'm hopeless.

40F, 37R.

You said you stood the rear shocks up! thats the wrong way for a loose track. Try a lighter diff lube 7000 , try a little caster in the front, go to a softer shore tire on the rear, lighten up on the shock oil a bit, increase rear toe in try a Losi alfa body or bend the tip of the rear wing toward the front of the car, that alone will help on high speed entry into a corner. Also make sure to try the teflon brake pads, if the rear wheels still lock up on entry, try a spring on the brake arm from a clicker writing pen, instead of a piece of fuel tubing. I hope these things help you out. Paul Rush............
Old 04-15-2004, 03:00 AM   #10967
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Bandeira
The problem is that with this, you widen the front width by making the tyres touch the ground a little on the diagonal, with this you increase the area of the tyre that touches the ground, which would give you more side bite... and consequently increase chances of flipping over...

Patrick Bandeira de Mello
- Bandeira Racing Team -
Hmmm . . fair point.
Maybe it's largely a question of less camber giving less front grip.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 03:05 AM   #10968
Tech Elite

Quote:
Guys, what are the steps to combat a dusty track? Nasty problem today with my back end kicking out.(worse when off throttle) I was running pretty much stock setup with the silver rear sway. I tried everything from removing the sway to standing the shocks up. Camber is -3. My rear droop was at 5. I was told to increase droop. Is this correct? It seems like when the track is dusty, I'm hopeless.

40F, 37R.
Limit the rear droop (= less downward travel of the rear suspension). That will help off power oversteer.
For on power oversteer permit more front droop (= more downward travel of the front suspension).
Japanese rubber seems better on dusty tracks.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 08:57 AM   #10969
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

was wondering what the durability of the mtx-3 was like. who has broken what and when, why?

thanks
dontfeelcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 09:38 AM   #10970
Tech Regular

broken things...coz i hit too many stationary objects..
otherwise car is great....you won't regret..
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:54 PM   #10971
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Johnnytc3

teflon brake pads??? is that for real ? what would getting teflon brake pads do besides give you a lot less brake?
Johnnytc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 02:10 PM   #10972
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

That's exactly what they do.

With a one way you need probably 10% of the braking power the regular pads can generate.

The teflon pads engage much smoother, they are not as grabby as the original pads.

Much easier to control with a one way.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 02:10 PM   #10973
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

out now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mugen_t0040.jpg (17.1 KB, 161 views)
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 02:27 PM   #10974
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by B
out now
B,

did you found a place where we can order it from?

Last edited by Frag; 04-15-2004 at 05:19 PM.
Frag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 03:40 PM   #10975
Tech Addict

where's Manti???
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 03:52 PM   #10976
B
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Frag
Tech,

did you found a place where we can order it from?
yap, in Japan
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 03:53 PM   #10977
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

40F, 37R.
god darn it !!! it is not fair, track time during week day ?!?! @#%$^#$%#$#$ are you guys hiring ?

to combat a dusty track ? ask james to clean it up :P

by the way, what is the rear toe on your car ? -3 camber seems a little bit too much, i usually run -1.5 on the rear right and -2.0 on the rear left. but this could be because other settings are different.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:27 PM   #10978
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to mckrooz

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
That's exactly what they do.

With a one way you need probably 10% of the braking power the regular pads can generate.

The teflon pads engage much smoother, they are not as grabby as the original pads.

Much easier to control with a one way.
I assume this is while running with drag brake? I can't see my self actually grabbing the brake for a turn. My fingers too slow.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:35 PM   #10979
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to mckrooz

Quote:
Originally posted by Data
god darn it !!! it is not fair, track time during week day ?!?! @#%$^#$%#$#$ are you guys hiring ?

to combat a dusty track ? ask james to clean it up :P

by the way, what is the rear toe on your car ? -3 camber seems a little bit too much, i usually run -1.5 on the rear right and -2.0 on the rear left. but this could be because other settings are different.
Hehe, need as much practice as I don't have a real job like you! With those banker hours. We are hiring but they will not pay you enough to hop up your car. James is not there on Tues-Wed so no one to clean the track. Well, I started out with -2.0 camber but went to
-3.0. I stood the shocks up just to try different things. You need to come out during the week to help me!
Old 04-15-2004, 04:46 PM   #10980
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
We are hiring but they will not pay you enough to hop up your car.
then i better get a 710, they said i don't need hop ups for this car. now that i have taken care of uncle sam, i might be able to get another car.

Quote:
You need to come out during the week to help me!
it is better this way, can you talk to my boss ?

i am going to send you my car's setup so you can check how much different between your's and mine. where do i send it to ?
Data is offline   Reply With Quote