R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-14-2004, 06:33 AM   #10951
Tech Adept

Hi.
is there any other place besides rc-muroom and rc-mart where
i can get aluminum hop ups for my MTX3 ???
Would like to buy better in the U.S.
GAMBO94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 06:38 AM   #10952
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Yeah, just a little amateur trigonometry.
. . taking a break from amateur acoustics.
I think it was 'cause I stood the front wheels up a bit.
rjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 07:13 AM   #10953
Tech Adept

Hi, did you try ebay? I've seen lots of hop ups there.

Quote:
Originally posted by GAMBO94
Hi.
Pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 07:45 AM   #10954
Tech Initiate

When and why would someone use the different Rear Lower Arm Mounts. What does each (A B C) pice do? Im curently using part B. Which would you sudgest i use on small high traction track and what does each one do?

Thanks
Chris
czotalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:45 AM   #10955
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to Bandeira

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Hmmmm . . I'm gonna guess.
Wider "effective" front track will give the suspension less leverage to flip the thing over. I guess it would help contribute some understeer, also.
Do I win the prize?
The problem is that with this, you widen the front width by making the tyres touch the ground a little on the diagonal, with this you increase the area of the tyre that touches the ground, which would give you more side bite... and consequently increase chances of flipping over...

Patrick Bandeira de Mello
- Bandeira Racing Team -
Bandeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:15 PM   #10956
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Johnnytc3

hey guys how long do the pulleys and belts last? ive actually seen the belts break on a friends car and plan on ordering some parts, just need to know when to replace belts or pulleys as im not that familiar with belt drives lol
thanks
Johnnytc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:58 PM   #10957
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnnytc3
hey guys how long do the pulleys and belts last? ive actually seen the belts break on a friends car and plan on ordering some parts, just need to know when to replace belts or pulleys as im not that familiar with belt drives lol
thanks
i had 1 pulley gone bad after 2.5 gallons of fuel last season, but didn't break any belts

however it is always nice to have some spare belts in your pit box just in case

you may want to get a pair or 2 of front knuckles, that's the only other part i broke last season
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 05:58 PM   #10958
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kreidel
Default Gearing questions

I have a question on gearing. My MTX3 that is setup for bog tracks has .8 module gears and on my short track car is using the stock gearing. The car feels much smoother and meshes real well with the .8's so I want to setup my short track car with some also. Looking at the stock gearing for 1st gear it is 7.421 and 2nd is 5.432 which seems to be enough for the tracks I run this car on. I was thinking of running a 20t pinion with a 59t spur so I end up with 7.453 and for 2nd it is a 25t and a 54t which is 5.457. This will leave me with a five tooth split. What affects will i notice as far as the rollout goes? I also noticed that the split is not as much as stock and for these tight tracks that would be better to have a smaller transition between 1st and 2nd I think. Any comments would be appreciated.
kreidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 07:16 PM   #10959
Tech Addict

GAMBO94...

Quote:
Hi.
www.acehardwarehobbies.com

Kreidel....

0.8M Gear Ratio Chart (no rollout #'s)

Rollout Chart for Standard and 0.8M

Last edited by Bivens; 04-14-2004 at 07:34 PM.
Bivens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:49 PM   #10960
Tech Adept

kreidel
That gear selection you noted for the .8 module gears looks to me to be the closest to the stock gearing, I think the slighly smaller difference in gear ratio going from the 1.0 to the .8's
seem as though it would be a better choice than stock for a smaller track (or a track that does not always utilize it's option for a full length straight ) I too might try this gearing, of course after you let me know what you think
sbmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:50 PM   #10961
Tech Adept

Thanks..Bivens
Old 04-14-2004, 08:57 PM   #10962
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mckrooz

Guys, what are the steps to combat a dusty track? Nasty problem today with my back end kicking out.(worse when off throttle) I was running pretty much stock setup with the silver rear sway. I tried everything from removing the sway to standing the shocks up. Camber is -3. My rear droop was at 5. I was told to increase droop. Is this correct? It seems like when the track is dusty, I'm hopeless.

40F, 37R.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:05 PM   #10963
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kreidel

Quote:
Originally posted by sbmon
kreidel
That gear selection you noted for the .8 module gears looks to me to be the closest to the stock gearing, I think the slighly smaller difference in gear ratio going from the 1.0 to the .8's
seem as though it would be a better choice than stock for a smaller track (or a track that does not always utilize it's option for a full length straight ) I too might try this gearing, of course after you let me know what you think
I will try and pick up the gearing before I come up to Strickland next weekend. Call me tomorrow, I have alittle info for you.
kreidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 09:22 PM   #10964
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by czotalis
When and why would someone use the different Rear Lower Arm Mounts. What does each (A B C) pice do? Im curently using part B. Which would you sudgest i use on small high traction track and what does each one do?

Thanks
Chris
Thats a good Question,,Guys i would also like to know any help on this will be appreciated.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:21 PM   #10965
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Default A B C

Quote:
Originally posted by GAMBO94
Thats a good Question,,Guys i would also like to know any help on this will be appreciated.

OK in easy to understand terms! (A) is for high bite tracks , less grip (B) is for medium traction (C) is for low traction tracks.