R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2004, 12:33 PM   #10921
Tech Addict
 
Nitropimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 500
Default

Hey Manti been out of town.... Just wanted to say thanks for all your help and Congrats on 10K
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 06:05 PM   #10922
Tech Master
 
roadrage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Palm Bay, FL.
Posts: 1,224
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

the x-12 iz extreamly fast i have it on my car and it halls
__________________
Austin Wolfe
Serpent America-Trinity/Revtech-www.ActivRC.com
roadrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 06:12 PM   #10923
Q
Tech Apprentice
 
Q's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: socal--crystal park
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by roadrage
the x-12 iz extreamly fast i have it on my car and it halls
roadrage what did you have before the x-12. just wondering what you were comparing to.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 06:51 PM   #10924
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 974
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Johnnytc3
Default

hey guys , are the stock dogbones front/rear all the same length, when i put them in i forgot to see if they were different the manual says they are the same number but i heard different.
thanks
Johnnytc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 06:52 PM   #10925
B
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,159
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnnytc3
hey guys , are the stock dogbones front/rear all the same length, when i put them in i forgot to see if they were different the manual says they are the same number but i heard different.
thanks
they are the same for mine
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 07:45 PM   #10926
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 974
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Johnnytc3
Default

thanks B, a friend of mine said the rears were a tad shorter, but i guess not , thanks again.
johnny
Johnnytc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 07:59 PM   #10927
B
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,159
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnnytc3
thanks B, a friend of mine said the rears were a tad shorter, but i guess not , thanks again.
johnny
no problemo
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 10:35 PM   #10928
Tech Adept
 
MTX-3 Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Australia, Queensland
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
will a pull start .12 fit in an mtx3
I will have to disagree with everyone who said you can't put a pull-start in an MTX-3 because you CAN! There are about 6 or 7 cars at my home track that have this modification done and are still very competitive. Because I don't race my MTX-3 in Pull start I will find out on the exact parts u need. But from what I have seen you need:

- 2 extended pully shafts

-Mugen actually make a header to fit the side exauhst kit from what I've heard down at the track, but what most people do is just take the corner of the anti-roll bar holder off and use a normal 180 Deg header.

-The main modification it probably cutting the chassis so that the Pull-Start cover can fit on the car.

-The people down at the track have the Centax Clutch fitted on their pull start motors, I think that NEO makes this part not the whole clutch but just one part.

-They also just put the exauhst holder up on top of the radio tray.

I hope I named everything here I will try an get some pictures of these cars to illustrate what I am talking about.
MTX-3 Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 01:00 AM   #10929
Tech Addict
 
Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 703
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by MTX-3 Kid
I will have to disagree with everyone who said you can't put a pull-start in an MTX-3 because you CAN! There are about 6 or 7 cars at my home track that have this modification done and are still very competitive. Because I don't race my MTX-3 in Pull start I will find out on the exact parts u need. But from what I have seen you need:

- 2 extended pully shafts

-Mugen actually make a header to fit the side exauhst kit from what I've heard down at the track, but what most people do is just take the corner of the anti-roll bar holder off and use a normal 180 Deg header.

-The main modification it probably cutting the chassis so that the Pull-Start cover can fit on the car.

-The people down at the track have the Centax Clutch fitted on their pull start motors, I think that NEO makes this part not the whole clutch but just one part.

-They also just put the exauhst holder up on top of the radio tray.

I hope I named everything here I will try an get some pictures of these cars to illustrate what I am talking about.
of course, with modifications, you can pretty much fit anything onto the car

just wondeirng why people go thru the troubles of hacking a chunk off the car to get a side exhaust onto a car that's designed for rear exhaust. is there a major performance advantage?
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 02:41 AM   #10930
Tech Fanatic
 
finchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 823
Default

Well there must be a preformance advantage. I also race at the same track as MTX3 KID. These guys that do run the mtx 3 pull start combo are always in the A mains, the cars are always stable on the track and are fast. I think that the people who convert these cars for pull start want a chassis of good design and quality. They are doing battle in a control class which we run. The other chassis raced in this class range from the old V One S, NTC3 and Hpi's etc. When you have a hp restriction on motors and a control rubber tyre on a permanent track, some people still want to race the best.

One advantage these people say they have is weight and low CG.
Anyway the list of goodies you need to convert to pull start is in the above post from MTX 3 KID. I know it seems a bit over the top. But who really cares as long as they are beating those shaft drive pieces of shit (NTC3). I really don't care.

That's my 2 cents worth

__________________
Inf1nity IF1
OS Speed
KO PRO PO
Runnertime
Hudy
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 04:26 AM   #10931
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Richmond, Va
Posts: 679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnnytc3
thanks B, a friend of mine said the rears were a tad shorter, but i guess not , thanks again.
johnny
If I remember right, when the car first came out, the dogbones were different lengths. I think the fronts were shorter than the rears (not positive though), but people started using the MTX-2 dogbones (they are longer than the MTX-3 bones) so they wouldn't pop out every time you turned the wheels. I do remember hearing Mugen made a "running change" with the MTX-3 bones, but not sure exactly what they did. Obviously, you have a newer kit.

Good Luck
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:03 AM   #10932
Tech Addict
 
Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 703
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by finchy
Well there must be a preformance advantage. I also race at the same track as MTX3 KID. These guys that do run the mtx 3 pull start combo are always in the A mains, the cars are always stable on the track and are fast. I think that the people who convert these cars for pull start want a chassis of good design and quality. They are doing battle in a control class which we run. The other chassis raced in this class range from the old V One S, NTC3 and Hpi's etc. When you have a hp restriction on motors and a control rubber tyre on a permanent track, some people still want to race the best.

One advantage these people say they have is weight and low CG.
Anyway the list of goodies you need to convert to pull start is in the above post from MTX 3 KID. I know it seems a bit over the top. But who really cares as long as they are beating those shaft drive pieces of shit (NTC3). I really don't care.

That's my 2 cents worth

I see
it makes sense if there's a popular class of that sort
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:28 AM   #10933
Tech Adept
 
terry sturchio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Cheney, KS
Posts: 159
Default

Any chance that there is no real advantage, and that the reason they are always in the A-main is becuase they are good drivers? I don't see how you can mount the exhaust higher, and add the extra drag and weight of a pull-start and still claim a weight and CG advantage. The MTX-3 is a much better chassis as far as being easier to adjust and maintain, and it's rock solid. I just know that at my track the top 3 racers, could take any car you give them and win races with it after a few hours of wrenching on them and a couple hours of practice time.
__________________
I'll race electric when batteries smell like nitro.
terry sturchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 02:05 PM   #10934
Tech Addict
 
Nitropimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 500
Default

Well I got my "Eddie the Fish" prototype 3mm chasis. Although I wanted a 4mm. It's a awesome 3mm. Very nice aluminum.... Beveled edges..... Nice milling. For the price you can't beat it....I like the gun blue color, too. He got's some more on ebay....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00084.jpg (148.0 KB, 235 views)
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 02:38 PM   #10935
Tag
Tech Master
 
Tag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Arcadia CA
Posts: 1,589
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

does any know where i can get the revised fuel tank tap for a good price ? thanks
__________________
* Serpent 966 TE Novarossi 35+21, Airtronics M12 *
Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:44 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net