R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2004, 03:21 AM   #10561
rjl
Tech Fanatic
 
rjl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: OZ
Posts: 848
Default

Life's pretty straight without twisties.
rjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 03:58 AM   #10562
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Posts: 46
Default Tires...Offset???

Hi:
I purchased various sets of Nitro Shoe 2 degree offset tires for my MTX-3. When I tried them the car was too wide. Even locking the hub carrier to the arm I could not get the required 200 mm.

I thought the Fast tires on Mugen rims are also 2 degree offset...Am I wrong? Why is the car so different in width when using these two brands?
Thanks for your input.
Jose
joseviejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 04:13 AM   #10563
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Tires...Offset???

Quote:
Originally posted by joseviejo
Hi:
I purchased various sets of Nitro Shoe 2 degree offset tires for my MTX-3. When I tried them the car was too wide. Even locking the hub carrier to the arm I could not get the required 200 mm.

I thought the Fast tires on Mugen rims are also 2 degree offset...Am I wrong? Why is the car so different in width when using these two brands?
Thanks for your input.
Jose
the fast tire is 1mm offset......
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 06:10 AM   #10564
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Posts: 46
Default

Thanks Manticore. That explains it.
joseviejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 04:01 PM   #10565
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default Visit RC Reviews

Folks, I started a strange but simple website, almost to complement RCTech.

It is still being worked on but is ready to take new registration for memberships.

The idea is to allow folks like us to post our hints/tips with up to 3 pictures and store it there. Then when you want to refer to it you just do a search for the url or you can bookmark it somewhere. Later when fellow racers asks for something you've already posted just point them to the site or post the url.

You can also leave realtime messages with the TAG board and you also see up to date summary of postings done here at RCTech for the On-Road section.

Visit RC Reviews now!

PM me if you have suggestions, I'll try to accomodate but I'm still learning about setting up a website though so please don't expect miracles.

Also, you'll see that there are only sections for Serpent, Mugen and Racing ... that's because I drive both cars and I race them!
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 09:20 PM   #10566
Tech Addict
 
Bivens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 679
Default Preparation questions for ease of tuning at the track...

Here's a couple of questions for some of you MTX-3 Veterans out there....Please provide your thoughts....

I've been very busy preparing for the upcoming season with a couple of MTX-3's. I have purchased extra sets of shocks and differentials for the car. I will prepare the shocks and diffs with various oils/fluids and have them set-up, ready to drop in the car at new tracks this summer in an attempt to speed up chassis tuning at-the-track.

Can some of you veterans out there provide me some ideas for setting up the x-tra shocks and diffs for tunability.....Tracks in my area are medium to high-traction asphalt (permanent tracks and weekend-only tracks, but no parking-lots). Most may be considered tight and I am expecting to have front spools (solid-diffs) prepared for use also. All of the tracks run foam tires.

I am guessing that I will set-up four sets of shocks with 40,50,60,and 70 weight oils.....and some rear diffs also.

Am I in the correct range for tunability with the above shock oil variants? What weights of fluid should I set-up for the rear diffs....(I will mainly be using front one-ways on flowing-tracks with a front-spool for use on tracks requiring heavy braking.)

I am thinking 37's will be my primary tire choice, but I also have a selection of 40's, 42's, and 45's. Is this suitable?

Thanks for your input, I am VERY much looking forward to this upcoming outdoor season and my new MTX-3's.
Bivens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 09:49 PM   #10567
Tech Master
 
theRED5's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: near Athens,GA
Posts: 1,022
Default

On my Mtx3 I use the same stock shock oil all the time, 600. I cahnge the springs at various tracks, but always use the same oil. I've just gotten the new blue springs and I like them alot. These are nos. HO 533 and HO 534.

I use Mugen 30,000 in the rear diff. and I have 100,000 in the front diff. I use the one way some places the diff some places and the locked fornt diff some places.

I've been using 37's, all around, but only for qualifying, for mains I use 42 fronts, and 37 rears, or 40 all around. Depends on the traction that particular day.
__________________
I [I]AM [/I]the Driver !

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 09:49 PM   #10568
Tech Master
 
theRED5's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: near Athens,GA
Posts: 1,022
Default

On my Mtx3 I use the same stock shock oil all the time, 600. I cahnge the springs at various tracks, but always use the same oil. I've just gotten the new blue springs and I like them alot. These are nos. HO 533 and HO 534.

I use Mugen 30,000 in the rear diff. and I have 100,000 in the front diff. I use the one way some places the diff some places and the locked fornt diff some places.

I've been using 37's, all around, but only for qualifying, for mains I use 42 fronts, and 37 rears, or 40 all around. Depends on the traction that particular day.
__________________
I [I]AM [/I]the Driver !

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 09:50 PM   #10569
Tech Fanatic
 
chookgb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: newcastle
Posts: 957
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Re: Preparation questions for ease of tuning at the track...

Quote:
Originally posted by Bivens
Here's a couple of questions for some of you MTX-3 Veterans out there....Please provide your thoughts....

I've been very busy preparing for the upcoming season with a couple of MTX-3's. I have purchased extra sets of shocks and differentials for the car. I will prepare the shocks and diffs with various oils/fluids and have them set-up, ready to drop in the car at new tracks this summer in an attempt to speed up chassis tuning at-the-track.

Can some of you veterans out there provide me some ideas for setting up the x-tra shocks and diffs for tunability.....Tracks in my area are medium to high-traction asphalt (permanent tracks and weekend-only tracks, but no parking-lots). Most may be considered tight and I am expecting to have front spools (solid-diffs) prepared for use also. All of the tracks run foam tires.

I am guessing that I will set-up four sets of shocks with 40,50,60,and 70 weight oils.....and some rear diffs also.

Am I in the correct range for tunability with the above shock oil variants? What weights of fluid should I set-up for the rear diffs....(I will mainly be using front one-ways on flowing-tracks with a front-spool for use on tracks requiring heavy braking.)

I am thinking 37's will be my primary tire choice, but I also have a selection of 40's, 42's, and 45's. Is this suitable?

Thanks for your input, I am VERY much looking forward to this upcoming outdoor season and my new MTX-3's.
i would suggest having 3 rear diffs setup 15000wt,30000wt and 50000wt use the 15000wt for medium traction and the 50000wt for high traction and the shock oils i tend to stay with the kit 600wt and the springs are most often used for the tuning suggest you get the full range and test them all
chookgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 09:50 PM   #10570
Tech Master
 
theRED5's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: near Athens,GA
Posts: 1,022
Thumbs up

I imagine we'll be racing each other somewhere....
__________________
I [I]AM [/I]the Driver !

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 09:53 PM   #10571
Tech Fanatic
 
chookgb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: newcastle
Posts: 957
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default the red5 too quick

red5 too quick for me but i would agree 40's all round will be the starting point,i also run 42's on the front when traction is high
chookgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 04:40 AM   #10572
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Posts: 46
Default Re: Re: Tires...Offset???

My previous post
----------------------
I purchased various sets of Nitro Shoe 2 degree offset tires for my MTX-3. When I tried them the car was too wide. Even locking the hub carrier to the arm I could not get the required 200 mm.

I thought the Fast tires on Mugen rims are also 2 degree offset...Am I wrong? Why is the car so different in width when using these two brands?
Thanks for your input.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
the fast tire is 1mm offset......
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will have to sell these tires. Which car uses 2 offset?
Thanks
joseviejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 06:35 AM   #10573
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Re: Re: Tires...Offset???

Quote:
Originally posted by joseviejo
My previous post
----------------------
I purchased various sets of Nitro Shoe 2 degree offset tires for my MTX-3. When I tried them the car was too wide. Even locking the hub carrier to the arm I could not get the required 200 mm.

I thought the Fast tires on Mugen rims are also 2 degree offset...Am I wrong? Why is the car so different in width when using these two brands?
Thanks for your input.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will have to sell these tires. Which car uses 2 offset?
Thanks
i think yokomo use 2mm offset
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:12 AM   #10574
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 927
Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default Re: Preparation questions for ease of tuning at the track...

Quote:
Originally posted by Bivens
Here's a couple of questions for some of you MTX-3 Veterans out there....Please provide your thoughts....

I am guessing that I will set-up four sets of shocks with 40,50,60,and 70 weight oils.....and some rear diffs also.

.
wasting your money!!!! buy more tyres and learn to drive it!!
__________________
Dremel UK - Schumacher Racing - Vapextech UK - MBModels UK - MRT
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:32 AM   #10575
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: Re: Preparation questions for ease of tuning at the track...

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman
wasting your money!!!! buy more tyres and learn to drive it!!
Second that!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:09 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net