R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-09-2002, 12:33 PM   #1006
Tech Fanatic

not with the original dogbones mine fell out before i put it on the track i know i could have put orings in
i dont know why they (dogbones) were so short i guess your supposed to put orings in but i didnt see it in the instructions
i didnt want to spend for universals if they were going to be too short im not running offset wheels just the pro spacer and if i set width to 200mm and they fell out i would have wasted my money
jason102276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 03:03 PM   #1007
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

its not the hubs in the wrong side, its not the linkage rubbing the belt.... I cant see anything wrong, and I have gone back 3 times now and rebuilt the front end by the book..... its got me pissed off, and cursing mugen.
sparksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 03:10 PM   #1008
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman

Quote:
Originally posted by sparksy
its not the hubs in the wrong side, its not the linkage rubbing the belt.... I cant see anything wrong, and I have gone back 3 times now and rebuilt the front end by the book..... its got me pissed off, and cursing mugen.
mine does it slightly but its just the dog bones makeing a noise, take em out does it do it?
Old 12-09-2002, 03:13 PM   #1009
Tech Master

Yeah, its just the dogbones clicking... and it doesnt do it if I take them out... I just think its to loud to be cool... my v-one r didnt do it unless you were at full lock... this does it at a shallow angle of 10deg
Old 12-09-2002, 03:35 PM   #1010
Tech Adept

well, i putmy mtx-2 dogbones up front, and there is not a sound to be heard.......maybe its something with the hub carries that you built wrong.......what is your front width? bring it in some and tell us if it still does it
Nytrochaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 03:47 PM   #1011
Tech Master

width is 198... the kooky thing is any narrower and it get worse.... wider, over 200mm and it lessens.... and the hubs are put together correctly
Old 12-09-2002, 07:32 PM   #1012
asd
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to asd

my vone rr does that "clicking" thing too, i can "click" the wheels outward, then inward, lol
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 08:12 PM   #1013
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default question about parts packaging

Do the suspension arms frt and rear and steering blocks all come one to a pkg?Also rear hubs and arms?the old packaging when you bought a bag included one upper front ,one lower front ,and a rear arm.I was just wanting to know if now all the parts are separate ?I'm still gonna order one and get it over with"thanks
rcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 12:44 AM   #1014
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish
Default Re: question about parts packaging

Quote:
Originally posted by rcmike
Do the suspension arms frt and rear and steering blocks all come one to a pkg?Also rear hubs and arms?the old packaging when you bought a bag included one upper front ,one lower front ,and a rear arm.I was just wanting to know if now all the parts are separate ?I'm still gonna order one and get it over with"thanks
Hi Mike,

Here's what I have for spare so far:
T0135 Front Upper Arm MTX3: comes w/ a pair of upper arm, caster clips, hex nuts
T0136 Front Lower Arm MTX3: comes just a pair
T0137 Rear Lower Arm MTX3: also comes just a pair
T0138 Front Upright MTX3: just a pair
T0139 Rear Upright MTX3: also just a pair

Hope this helps. Remember, always stock parts.
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 01:06 AM   #1015
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: question about parts packaging

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiethefish
Hi Mike,

Here's what I have for spare so far:
T0135 Front Upper Arm MTX3: comes w/ a pair of upper arm, caster clips, hex nuts
T0136 Front Lower Arm MTX3: comes just a pair
T0137 Rear Lower Arm MTX3: also comes just a pair
T0138 Front Upright MTX3: just a pair
T0139 Rear Upright MTX3: also just a pair

Hope this helps. Remember, always stock parts.
I'm glad that Mugen hasn't done like Serpent does. You want ARM? Sure, which side, and you'll only just get that. Not to mention the price. yike!
Old 12-10-2002, 01:15 AM   #1016
Tech Adept

Mugen Aluminum Wheel Hexes for the MTX-3
Manbik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 06:47 AM   #1017
Tech Fanatic

are you sure you have the short front dogbones in?

is something bent?

mine doesnt make any noise while turning or any other time either i run mtx-2 dogbones now and they are longer so i would think they would be more likely to make noise

if its clicking i would say some piece is bad could maybe even be a bearing possibly in the one way you said it make no noise straight maybe when the oneway bearing spins in a turn it clicking

but im only guessing
jason102276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 10:28 AM   #1018
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C

The clicking noise is coming from the dog bones hitting the front axle shaft, when the wheel is turned, there is a slot in the axle shaft that the dog bone hits during rotation, to correct this problem try applying grease at the end of the dog bone to take away the metal to metal clicking sound.

I'd suggest using universals in the front of the car then you want have this problem for sure, this applies to any car.
ROBBIE C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 10:58 AM   #1019
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by ROBBIE C
The clicking noise is coming from the dog bones hitting the front axle shaft, when the wheel is turned, there is a slot in the axle shaft that the dog bone hits during rotation, to correct this problem try applying grease at the end of the dog bone to take away the metal to metal clicking sound.

I'd suggest using universals in the front of the car then you want have this problem for sure, this applies to any car.
Hello Robbie,

Thought GREASE is a NO NO to the outdrive. I don't remember the exact reason of it, but it's something like grease will bond easily with dust and small particle, and it'll be as though one keeps grinding his outdrive with sand, or something like that.

Sorry, I might be babbling. It's just too early for fish.
Old 12-10-2002, 01:15 PM   #1020
Tech Initiate

MTX3 is designed to use off set wheels. so all four dogbones are shorter then what you need when using 0 offset wheel. It makes noise, clicks, and pop out etc. To solve the problem,.keep the track width under 197 or insert O rings between dogbone and drive hub or add 1-2mm 6x8 spacer to the one way drive hub, use the spacer of non tubo glow plug do the job, or use MTX-2 's dogbones.

No grease!
rranger is offline   Reply With Quote