R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-16-2004, 01:16 AM   #9676
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
still can't login MSN.....

By the way,there is my new 2004 painting...
it looks like it is a mutated bird !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 12:54 PM   #9677
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Hey Guys!

I can smell the nitro of summer coming, only 3 more months...

I've been working on the mtx-3 a little bit lately, prepping it for summer, but it's come time to replace that CVD that I FUBAR'ed a while back. Question is:

Mugen or RDLogics CVD? RDLogics is $10 cheaper, and I havent heard anything about them, so let the beans spill!

btw: remember this: http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...?postid=439261 hehehehe..
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 05:13 PM   #9678
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by TSR6
Mugen or RDLogics CVD? RDLogics is $10 cheaper, and I havent heard anything about them, so let the beans spill!
btw: remember this: http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...?postid=439261 hehehehe..
Mugen definitely! Broke in the past the 3 Racing ones and visually the RD Logic ones seemed the same (or almost the same). Put the Mugen ones and magically all mine problems snapping CVD's were gone.

Now, under many many many litres of fuel under their belts, bought a shaft replacement for them but after a careful inspection and teardown, the spares keep on their bag and the originals were reassembled, probably after Winternats or more after will change. Mugen ones are cheap on the long term.

BTW: How about a warm-up on the Winternats? there are still locations and we plan to do a rctech fest (hehehe.... wouldn't mind to do some races on a hotel corridor? )
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 05:24 PM   #9679
RCTech Member #2

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Mugen definitely! Broke in the past the 3 Racing ones and visually the RD Logic ones seemed the same (or almost the same). Put the Mugen ones and magically all mine problems snapping CVD's were gone.

Now, under many many many litres of fuel under their belts, bought a shaft replacement for them but after a careful inspection and teardown, the spares keep on their bag and the originals were reassembled, probably after Winternats or more after will change. Mugen ones are cheap on the long term.

BTW: How about a warm-up on the Winternats? there are still locations and we plan to do a rctech fest (hehehe.... wouldn't mind to do some races on a hotel corridor? )
haha, alright, Mugen it is.. I knew to stay away from 3Racing's CVD's, but hadn't heard anything about RD's.

I wish I was going to the Winternats, and I probably would if it weren't for school. I may do some traveling this summer though if I can get my nitro sedan as rockin as my electric sedan. I was looking at the Airtronic's race, because our campus is on spring break during that period, but I would need to be back the day after the race. I'm not sure if that is feasable.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:05 PM   #9680
Tech Champion

Quote:
Hey Guys!

I can smell the nitro of summer coming, only 3 more months...

I've been working on the mtx-3 a little bit lately, prepping it for summer, but it's come time to replace that CVD that I FUBAR'ed a while back. Question is:

i dont have this problem even with a couple of hard crashes. I wonder if you have set the servo saver tension too loose and when there is a crash, the steering knuckle will be in full steering position and until the CVD joint breaks.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:16 PM   #9681
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R

the good side of the 3racing CVD is very cheap and the outdrive pin is very hard to wear. and the bad side of 3racing CVD is that the joint pin is thinner then the mugen one and it will break after extneisve use.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:32 PM   #9682
RCTech Member #2

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
i dont have this problem even with a couple of hard crashes. I wonder if you have set the servo saver tension too loose and when there is a crash, the steering knuckle will be in full steering position and until the CVD joint breaks.
Nah, I caught the sweeper, ripped the whole wheel off, CVD parts and all.
RCTech Member #2

Old 01-16-2004, 06:35 PM   #9683
Tech Champion

Quote:
Nah, I caught the sweeper, ripped the whole wheel off, CVD parts and all.
why you caught the sweeper?

I do think the CVD broke before the wheel detached.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:39 PM   #9684
RCTech Member #2

Quote:
why you caught the sweeper?

I do think the CVD broke before the wheel detached.
I kept getting more and more confident for how deep and hard I could drive into the corner without washing out, out steering other cars with the one-way ( they all run spools, or diffs ) ... and WHAM, took it too deep one lap.

teeeheee... I said deep and hard..... teeeheeee
RCTech Member #2

Old 01-16-2004, 06:44 PM   #9685
Tech Champion

Quote:
I kept getting more and more confident for how deep and hard I could drive into the corner without washing out, out steering other cars with the one-way ( they all run spools, or diffs ) ... and WHAM, took it too deep one lap.

teeeheee... I said deep and hard..... teeeheeee
you will definitely go faster with a front oneway axle. we do run the oneway at our medium and tight track.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:49 PM   #9686
RCTech Member #2

Quote:
you will definitely go faster with a front oneway axle. we do run the oneway at our medium and tight track.
They all say that you can't dive in as deep, but I was doing just that -- Holding it open longer, then braking into the corner. Go figure..
RCTech Member #2

Old 01-16-2004, 07:08 PM   #9687
Tech Champion

Quote:
They all say that you can't dive in as deep, but I was doing just that -- Holding it open longer, then braking into the corner. Go figure..
or they are not running MTX3 !
Old 01-17-2004, 05:11 AM   #9688
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman
why not buy a kawahara one?
kawahara is like $50 on ace hardware hobbies. but I think k factory is cheaper, isnt it?

Is it worth the money? Or should I stay with the stock rear stabilizer?
penggoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 06:46 AM   #9689
Tech Addict

For you guys running the 0.8 module gears, what kind of spread can you use without bogging the engine when it shifts? I just bought some to try this year and not sure what the limits are. I can't get out yet to test (WAAAAAAAAY to cold!!!!).
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 07:05 AM   #9690
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to mtx3racer Send a message via AIM to mtx3racer

well, i bought a set w/ an 8th tooth spread on the spurs. Its was way to much. So i went up to a 54t. on 2nd and 60t. on 1st. It worked ok, but personally i don't like the 0.8 gears because they always strip. I crank down on all of the screws, but they still manage to get out of alignment. I have never had the problem w/ reg. gearing. I would forget about the 0.8 gears(how long is the straight at the track you run at?) unless the straight away is like more than 200ft.
mtx3racer is offline   Reply With Quote