R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-29-2003, 09:14 AM   #9421
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Slotmachine
Small shock rebuild O/rings work perfectly, a buddie of mine suggestred it .
Guys ... just go for the teflon pads, its brilliant, no need to add this and that to the brake pads etc.
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 09:17 AM   #9422
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
this shooter roll bar is the best among the rest. the roll bar bolted on the upperdeck mount and take away the stress from the upper deck. fit both seden and Lola
Looks great for LOLA body users! I saw some guy who went to Japan and he brought back some nice hop ups. Carbon fibre disk brakes, carbon fibre brake calipers etc. I think I better make friends with some Japanese!!!
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 11:02 AM   #9423
Tech Regular

thanks manticore
Bong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 05:52 PM   #9424
Tech Regular

Does anyone know how to tell the Mugen cvd's and the old rd logics cvd's apart?

Also whats with this 16/19 belt conversion I keep hearing about? Is it the side belt? What kind of pullies would I need for this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by rcpilot; 12-29-2003 at 05:59 PM.
rcpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 06:07 PM   #9425
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by rcpilot
Does anyone know how to tell the Mugen cvd's and the old rd logics cvd's apart?

Also whats with this 16/19 belt conversion I keep hearing about? Is it the side belt? What kind of pullies would I need for this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
all CVD have the same construction and this also applies to mugen CVD.

Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 07:23 PM   #9426
Tech Regular

Thanks for the reply, I bought a used car and it had different rear cvds than front however both of them were the style u showed in the picture so I am trying to figure out which are the mugen ones and which are the rd logics ones. One of them had all black coating and the others had silver coating where the bearings mount.

Any ideas?
Old 12-29-2003, 07:36 PM   #9427
Tech Champion

Quote:
Thanks for the reply, I bought a used car and it had different rear cvds than front however both of them were the style u showed in the picture so I am trying to figure out which are the mugen ones and which are the rd logics ones. One of them had all black coating and the others had silver coating where the bearings mount.

Any ideas?
the mugen one has all black harden coating
Old 12-29-2003, 07:40 PM   #9428
Tech Regular

Ok thanks, if there is a difference in putting the shorter ones or longer ones up front? Which is better. I think the longer ones would bend easier and bind a little more, am I right?
Old 12-29-2003, 07:47 PM   #9429
Tech Champion

Quote:
Ok thanks, if there is a difference in putting the shorter ones or longer ones up front? Which is better. I think the longer ones would bend easier and bind a little more, am I right?
the cvd with long bone is supposed to be placed at the front. if you go for shorter front track width, you might need the shorter one
Old 12-29-2003, 08:14 PM   #9430
Tech Regular

newbie question.

i've read somewhere here that the 16/19 belt conversion is supposed to address the issue of tire wear (someone correct me if im wrong though). will this be a major issue as well if i only use rubber tires. where we race, rubbers are often used (for one reason or another) so i'm just wondering if there is any real advantage of doing this 16/19 belt conversion considering i use rubber tires most of the time. appreciate any input/s on this.

jwf frani
you got pm.
Bong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 08:31 PM   #9431
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to hicheef
Default This conversion

I appologize, I know this whole conversion thing has been beat around this thread probably waaayyy too much but it seems this may be my chance to jump in. I just bought a few of the belts for the conversion and was wondering what else do I need. I think I move my front side pully to the rear side and mount a new 16T in the front side or something like that???? Any input is most appreciated!!

KEVIN
hicheef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 08:51 PM   #9432
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Bong
newbie question.

i've read somewhere here that the 16/19 belt conversion is supposed to address the issue of tire wear (someone correct me if im wrong though). will this be a major issue as well if i only use rubber tires. where we race, rubbers are often used (for one reason or another) so i'm just wondering if there is any real advantage of doing this 16/19 belt conversion considering i use rubber tires most of the time. appreciate any input/s on this.

jwf frani
you got pm.
you need tire split of 4mm between front and rear to start with and at the end of the race day you wont be having a bigger front tire diameter. some other advantages is the smaller front tire wall with less diameter that you have to give you more solid front end while cornering. i do believe with the lower front tire size does affect the front roll centre.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:54 PM   #9433
Tech Champion

Default Re: This conversion

Quote:
Originally posted by hicheef
I appologize, I know this whole conversion thing has been beat around this thread probably waaayyy too much but it seems this may be my chance to jump in. I just bought a few of the belts for the conversion and was wondering what else do I need. I think I move my front side pully to the rear side and mount a new 16T in the front side or something like that???? Any input is most appreciated!!

KEVIN
the 16/19 pulley conversion is very simple but you need an extra 16T pulley from spare pulley bag.

the original 19T at the side of main shaft (2speed shaft) relocated to the front of the side belt and you put the extra 16T to the rear of the side belt then you are fixed.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:37 PM   #9434
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to hicheef
Thumbs up Awesome!!!

Thanks Manti
hicheef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 09:38 PM   #9435
Tech Champion

Default Re: Awesome!!!

Quote: