R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-15-2003, 12:21 AM   #8806
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by laro
without having to read a million posts can someone tell me if the MTX-3 can be successful on small tracks that only allow rubber tires.

MTX-3's dominate at our track which is a tight temporary blown parking lot track. We run two sedan classes(Mod/foam & Stock/rubber).

NO PROBLEM!!
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 01:59 AM   #8807
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by mtx3racer
Anybody tried hpi spring on the car. If so which ones? rubber/foam??? Thanks
I have seen a few cars with the HPI springs, the softer black ones. My opinion is that all the talk about springs is too much hype. I started out on BLUE then went to PURPLE as I was told its softer and better. Now I realise that is it not really true, softer may be nice for a tight bumpy track but response is totally slow. I find BLUE stock spring to be good all rounder. I use 40 Wt for tighter bumpy tracks and 50Wt-60Wt for bigger tracks. The car handles really nice and the chassis sticks to the ground.
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 02:03 AM   #8808
Tech Master

Quote:
without having to read a million posts can someone tell me if the MTX-3 can be successful on small tracks that only allow rubber tires. we have two tracks and thats how they are. I'm going to be picking up a new sedan for christmas. i know how well it performs on foams but like I said thats not an option. can the car be bought with front and rear gear or ball diffs. thanks.
The track I started out on is really small and tight. The straight is like no more than 40-50 feet. I still run there (just this morning) on a one way with foams, the Mugen tracks really well in small tracks, but not as well as a NTC3 unfortunately!

As stated the car comes with rear gear diffs and a front one way. Just have to buy the front one way diff gears and drive cups, the kit comes with the front gear diff case. My front diff is all packed up and no longer in use, one way is really fun when you get the hang of it and when you tweak the car to brake hard and straight.
Old 11-15-2003, 02:09 AM   #8809
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Varuth
Anybody knows tips for cutting sedan body for mtx3...so that the air can flow easily...
If you are not racing then just remove the whole front windscreen and back ... hehehehe ... It works out like this ... big hole=a lot of air=less down force, its a trade off. You have to work it out yourself. I am testing with the hole higher to the roof line and see if the engine gets that much hotter and if I get more down force. Going to test the new shell out this Sunday afternoon.
Old 11-15-2003, 02:30 AM   #8810
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman

Quote:
without having to read a million posts can someone tell me if the MTX-3 can be successful on small tracks that only allow rubber tires. we have two tracks and thats how they are. I'm going to be picking up a new sedan for christmas. i know how well it performs on foams but like I said thats not an option. can the car be bought with front and rear gear or ball diffs. thanks.
yep it can email me and i will send you my set up 13th in UK on rubber tyres!
Old 11-15-2003, 02:32 AM   #8811
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman

Quote:
Originally posted by tIANcI
I have seen a few cars with the HPI springs, the softer black ones. My opinion is that all the talk about springs is too much hype. I started out on BLUE then went to PURPLE as I was told its softer and better. Now I realise that is it not really true, softer may be nice for a tight bumpy track but response is totally slow. I find BLUE stock spring to be good all rounder. I use 40 Wt for tighter bumpy tracks and 50Wt-60Wt for bigger tracks. The car handles really nice and the chassis sticks to the ground.

if you run rubber tyres your coment it utter bollocks!!!
springs play a big role or why would mugen be working on some new ones!!!

i run asociated all round!
Old 11-15-2003, 02:42 AM   #8812
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman
if you run rubber tyres your coment it utter bollocks!!!
springs play a big role or why would mugen be working on some new ones!!!

i run asociated all round!
Perhaps you could have asked if I ran on foams (of which I do) or rubbers (of which I am not presently) rather than being such as arse with such a comment. Its a mere forum for fun and not about showing whose ballz is bigger or better, there is no need to use such lovely language. Maybe you need to take your coffee first.

So please ... read carefully what I said, just my mere opinion and what I feel and think and its not the Blibical truth. Sheeesh ...
Old 11-15-2003, 01:02 PM   #8813
Tech Adept

I appreciate everyones opinions and advice, I've been running a TG10r and it's not to good. most everyone runs the TC-3. so I'm taking a couple of weeks here before I decide which route to go.
laro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 07:54 PM   #8814
Tech Adept

Default belt alignment/misalignment

i have noticed that the rear belt is a little off
on the rear diff the belt is not completely on the gear,
at worst the belt is half on and half off, will this work itself out
once i run the car in , or should i try shimming a little around the
outer diff bearing and rear bulkhead?
sbmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 08:49 PM   #8815
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: belt alignment/misalignment

Quote:
Originally posted by sbmon
adjust your brake stopper.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 09:33 PM   #8816
Tech Adept

Default manticore thankyou

you da man
thanks for the help
all straight now
sbmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 11:40 AM   #8817
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hey guys I'm getting out of the hobby, if anyone is interested in a starter package this is a great deal, or if you're looking to p/u some great equipment for a good price, you can bid on the package on e-bay

The MTX-3 package comes with the following:

- MTX3 w/upgraded chassis
- Extra front diff
-Ofna Two Piece Pipe
- MR12 Turbo Motor w/turbo button & non-turbo button
- One-Way
- Extra Parts (Brand New/Still Packaged)
-Mugen Starter Box w/batteries
- 3 New Bodies, Unpainted (Losi Alpha, Protoform Stratus 2.1, Racers Choice Lola)
- 4 complete sets of "Mugen Fast" foam tires, Frt. 40 Shore \ Rear 40 Shore

EBAY LINK
rcfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 08:43 PM   #8818
Tech Master

Default Re: belt alignment/misalignment

Quote:
Originally posted by sbmon
Sigh ... hehehe ... move the pullyey unit that is attached to the brake disks, that will get it in place. DO NOT forget to use thread lock!!!
Old 11-16-2003, 08:45 PM   #8819
Tech Master

Quote:
I appreciate everyones opinions and advice, I've been running a TG10r and it's not to good. most everyone runs the TC-3. so I'm taking a couple of weeks here before I decide which route to go.
I used to run the NTC3 too but I went with the Mugen as it is hardier. A lot of NTC3 drivers in Malaysian have gone the way of the Mugen. For me the NTC3 is a great car for tight tracks but I love the handling of the Mugen, it really sticks to the ground and handles so well ... also not so fragile.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:21 PM   #8820
Tech Regular

Well After Months of research,puchasing and Building I finally got to run my MTX3. Made a bad choice of Location and Ran it in a Nice Parking lot. Car Handled AWESOME! I Need 2 new belts Now and Rear Tires are Gone. couple other cars Runnin er... walking there too 1 ntc3 1rs3 1yoko4.....The ntc3 Looked pretty I helped the Kid with the rs3 tune and got it running better then the yoko but HOLY *&%& )(&&^ nothing even came close to this car.I'm Almost ready for the track now.I'd like to Thank everyone that has answered my many questions and helped me to get this car together and be able to tune it as well as being able to help others now.The people at this site really do help the Hobby as a whole as well as individuals.
Fisher890 is offline   Reply With Quote