Old 11-09-2003, 04:36 PM   #8731
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
This thread went completely down the drain

Does nobody have any news about the car??????
didn't you mean "the" car?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=27070

just wanted to wake you guys up..

(I'm just as bored..the tc3 and R40 threads are just as dead)

Last edited by fastharry™; 11-09-2003 at 04:46 PM.
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 05:09 PM   #8732
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
didn't you mean "the" car?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=27070

just wanted to wake you guys up..

(I'm just as bored..the tc3 and R40 threads are just as dead)
...nitro season is over... so sad..
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 05:30 PM   #8733
Tech Elite

yep...it sure is..what a shame...

hate to see any of us,with any of our cars,have to retire for winter..

T,don't you race electric during the winter?..

I run rally and buggy at Barnstormers in NY.....Great way to keep those reflexes sharp...esp. 2wd buddy
Old 11-09-2003, 05:49 PM   #8734
Tech Addict

Nitro season is over for us as well. My car is setting on the desk in about 100 pieces while I go through it getting ready for winter. I did pull the t-maxxes out, though . Got to get them ready for some serious winter playing

TSR6-- from what I have seen with the new cap, there's not much difference on the MTX-3. The most I've seen is that the car doesn't run rich if the pitman overfills the tank. With the old cap, my car would be a little sluggish out of the corner for 2-3 laps if the tank was overfilled. Nothing major, but it was noticeable. Haven't had the problem with this cap.

Like I aid before, I bought the caps to try on my MRX-3. It definetly makes an improvement on that car!!!!
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 07:19 PM   #8735
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

There is a indoor nitro track in CT that I have been running the MTX-3 for the past couple of months. It is small, but lots of fun. I will run there all winter.

Harry, how is the crowd at the barn? We were thinking of rally on fridays there.
raffaelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 08:27 PM   #8736
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by raffaelli
There is a indoor nitro track in CT that I have been running the MTX-3 for the past couple of months. It is small, but lots of fun. I will run there all winter.

Harry, how is the crowd at the barn? We were thinking of rally on fridays there.
Indoor track? Most interesting, hope the ventilation is good!!! Anyways, come to sunny Malaysia, its summer all year round and we are on track day and night, some tracks are open at night and the hardcore guys will be there almost everyday till 01:00 am!
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 08:34 PM   #8737
Tech Elite

Quote:

The crowd is great....

and rally is usually the largest class.......Lou runs point series all winter.....the first series starts this week.....though you can come down and race whenever you want....The series last between 5 and 8 weeks...

http://www.barnstormersrc.com/

I'm gonna start in a few weeks....need to pack away all my nitro cars,and get my 2 rally cars(HPI and losi rally weapon) and xxxKW ready to rock..

you know whats really great are the Rally grudge matches the barn runs during the winter...about 60 guys show up..

Would love to meet you and your freinds....

We can meet,and you can find out I'm not the big dick head a few guys on this thread seem to think I am.....(you can also find out how fast I really am,too... )

Let me know through a PM when you're coming..

BTW,I want to run at that indoor track..how about some details?....
Old 11-09-2003, 09:00 PM   #8738
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I remember about 2 years ago, there was an indoor carpet track in Sacremento that raced indoor nitro. I wasn't racing nitro at the time cause I was racing electric. But, the ventilation wasn't the best even though they had the warehouse doors opened all the way.
Old 11-09-2003, 09:05 PM   #8739
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Yes, I also raced electric over the summer too. I actually hung my nitro car up early to go electric full time. It was costing to much to run both, and I was having more fun with the electric at the time.

It was a well needed break though. I know what i need to do differently next summer, what i need to buy, and I need to seal my engine.

I just couldnt handle the cost, both money wise, and time wise. I was running the same electronics between both cars, so it was an issue every time i swapped the servo between the two cars. I hate putting the servo horn on the servo on the MTX-3.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 09:15 PM   #8740
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
The crowd is great....

and rally is usually the largest class.......Lou runs point series all winter.....the first series starts this week.....though you can come down and race whenever you want....The series last between 5 and 8 weeks...

http://www.barnstormersrc.com/

I'm gonna start in a few weeks....need to pack away all my nitro cars,and get my 2 rally cars(HPI and losi rally weapon) and xxxKW ready to rock..

you know whats really great are the Rally grudge matches the barn runs during the winter...about 60 guys show up..

Would love to meet you and your freinds....

We can meet,and you can find out I'm not the big dick head a few guys on this thread seem to think I am.....(you can also find out how fast I really am,too... )

Let me know through a PM when you're coming..

BTW,I want to run at that indoor track..how about some details?....
I've raced at the barn for a long time, havent in a couple of years. Ran rally when the tc3 conversion first came out. I have met you before, your a friend of Carl's?
Old 11-09-2003, 10:11 PM   #8741
Tech Master

Nitro racing(on and off-road) is alive and well in the Aloha State!!

Although, I myself took a sabattical(sp.?) till Februrary or March next year so I can concentrate on my priorities. I had to slap myself in the face to realize thet there IS life beyond R/C.

Anyways, nothing new about the MTX-3 at our track 'cept the fact that MTX-3's and 2's are dominating...........and for a while now.
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 01:12 AM   #8742
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
This thread went completely down the drain

Does nobody have any news about the car??????
Uhm... lately here does a very bad weather (rain, rain and more rain).... mine cars (MRX and MTX) are completely disassembled for a complete overhaul and been real busy (working more than 60 hours at week usually... or more).

Mine next race is the next December 5, 6 & 7 so I have enough time to check and assemble another time, meanwhile if I use some car is mine pan cars on a carpet indoor track (but not much... I'm too BUSY note the capitals).
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 05:25 AM   #8743
Tech Elite

Quote:
I've raced at the barn for a long time, havent in a couple of years. Ran rally when the tc3 conversion first came out. I have met you before, your a friend of Carl's?

yep,that's me....

Where did we meet,at the barn?.....Or in Edison?......

Carl and I are interested in coming up to that track....

Where's it located?....
Old 11-10-2003, 10:39 AM   #8744
Tech Adept

does anyone know where i can get the kit w/ MR12
included for good deal online
sbmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 10:49 AM   #8745
Tech Elite

Carl introduced you to me at Edison one day. Thought you said you were good? I saw lots of broken plastic on your pit table..............................just kidding.

The Hobby Chamber is in West Haven , CT. It is an indoor blacktop track. Great facility. Smooth surface, nice people, good and fun racing. Nicely run and have the best grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches. I have been running there since September. I plan on being there all winter, and throw in some rally once in a while. The owner is George, give him a call, tell him I sent you 203-934-7317. They are having a 1500 Lap enduro in December with 10 4-man teams. They will run any class, electric or nitro that shows. Mainly the crowd has been nitro.