R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-28-2003, 07:49 PM   #8641
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The mtx-3 with the negative diff gives the car a greater punch comming out of corners, but the difference is not a lot.
Its enough for the driver to feel it though..
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 08:45 PM   #8642
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Vinyard
did you check your bevel gears in the diff if they properly mesh?
that could be your problem of your diff not turning smooth.

besides the neg diff will not solve that prob.. the neg diff is just a tuning option.. it will eat up tyres on the striaght when you power on exiting the corners..

by the way i think u may have to adjust your driving style abit with the neg diff

personally i think the stock diff will work just as well..
it really up to the driver himself...
Emm...so much thing to concern..! Yup .. I do check the diff gear mesh..seem ok. But you make me to check it again for more sure/confirm. Need to do more testing and analyse on troubleshooting the problem.

Kawahara rear diff... infact will still used the same diff gear from the existing stock diff. I will check how is the performance. Good ..use it. Not good - keep it in my tool box. I believe it was discussed before on previous pages, need to check that. Otherwise I will just replace the whole set of diff gear and the housing.

More punching out of corner.. that explain..thank you B .
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 10:27 PM   #8643
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by esham
Emm...so much thing to concern..! Yup .. I do check the diff gear mesh..seem ok. But you make me to check it again for more sure/confirm. Need to do more testing and analyse on troubleshooting the problem.

Kawahara rear diff... infact will still used the same diff gear from the existing stock diff. I will check how is the performance. Good ..use it. Not good - keep it in my tool box. I believe it was discussed before on previous pages, need to check that. Otherwise I will just replace the whole set of diff gear and the housing.

more punch means eats more tyres..

er if not good i will be glad to take it off your hands..
i pay for shipping..
Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 10:48 PM   #8644
Tech Master

MTXRACER - chunking is also caused by lousy set up and shocks. Check your set up (down droop, camber etc). The last reason would be lousy driving, hehehe ... driving like a rally driver on a nice smooth course! Hehehe ...
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 11:01 PM   #8645
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:

Wow!, thats quite an expensive part to be left in the tool box! Generally, it should be better than the stock one, so, cuz u bought it, might as well use it
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 02:56 AM   #8646
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Vinyard

er if not good i will be glad to take it off your hands..
i pay for shipping..
Aaaa... hhaa That sound worth to have it.!!.
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 03:20 AM   #8647
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to mtx3racer Send a message via AIM to mtx3racer

i think its my setup, i don't setup my car, don't have a hudy.
mtx3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 09:13 AM   #8648
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to loosenut

The good thing about the negative diff is that you don't need to adjust anything or can't that is. Well...I guess you could by using different type of grease compound - different viscosity. But I've been told it's the best of both worlds. You get solid axle when the tire is spinning fast enuff (i.e., full throttle coming out of straights) and then it disengage at slower speed for more grip around turns and corners. I haven't driven mine yet - still building it. But the concept seems that it will allow a more aggressive style of driving. Ah10 has one in his car - and he loves it. Where is he when you need him!!! LOL...

Remember not to use silicone based diff oil like the ones you put in your normal rear diff. Use racer's choice or redline lube. And coat the gears liberally. Not packing the whole thing with lube. Something I learned from Ah10.

G

Quote:

Old 10-29-2003, 09:17 AM   #8649
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to loosenut

Just DL the setup that the pro driver uses on mugen's website and set it up accordingly and that should be fine to start out with. From that point on - really all you need to do is select tire shores. Of course if you hit the boards alot - then that's youru problem. But sometimes, if you have too much grip - that'll take a chunk outta your tire too. So either lower yoru shores in teh rear or lay the rear shock down completely. YOu should also use the blue springs front and back. Change ONE thing at a time - or else you wont' know the source of your problem.

Also, check your body - sometimes the body cuts into the tires without you even knowing! Hehe...

Get an integy setup board - it's not that expensive.

G
Quote:
Originally posted by mtx3racer
i think its my setup, i don't setup my car, don't have a hudy.
Old 10-29-2003, 05:34 PM   #8650
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

Question about springs? The track i am running have good traction. Do i need to change harder spring for front and rear? If i do, Which color is harder? What about if i run in a dusty track. Means i should use stock spring or even softer???

Thanks.
US_MATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 10:21 PM   #8651
Tech Master

mtx3racer - my local hobby shop has al the stuff I need to do set up, I set up my car every week for free ... hehehe ... not bad huh?

us_matrix - standard is BLUE, softer is PURPLE, harder is GREY, hardest is WHITE. What spring will depend of how smooth the track is (bumpy or not), how big it is (long straights or just short ones) and how technical it is (long smooth straight or a lot of tight turns).

For dusty track where traction is an issue try to go for purple springs and perhaps 40 weight oils. Again this depends how smooth and big the track is. A lot of it is based on experience, like F1, you need a lot of track time to collect data.

Try this link, it might help you a lot to understand the reasons why we do what and the combinations that we need --> http://www.donegal.flyer.co.uk/car%20setup%20guide.htm
Old 10-30-2003, 05:41 AM   #8652
Tech Regular

Nice link tIANcI,
As New as they come to the MTX3 and that one went straight into my favorites.
Thanx
Fisher890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 06:52 PM   #8653
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Hollow 2 speed shaft

Hi, Who on- line,or can i call in the states that sells these?? THANKS
rcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 06:55 PM   #8654
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: Hollow 2 speed shaft

Quote:
Originally posted by rcmike
Hi, Who on- line,or can i call in the states that sells these?? THANKS
justrc
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 08:38 PM   #8655
Tech Master

Fisher - no probs dude ... that is the good thing about the net, we can exchange and access to information easily. You into long range fishing? I used to fish a lot but nothing as big as what you have over in the US.