R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-23-2003, 01:10 PM   #8566
Tech Apprentice

Default mtx3 hop ups for sale

hi guys im getting rid off all my kawahara,square,3racing,sato seiki and mugen hop ups for the mtx3 pm if you guys are looking for hop ups

thanks
rcdubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 02:19 PM   #8567
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Re: mtx3 hop ups for sale

Quote:
Originally posted by rcdubs
hi guys im getting rid off all my kawahara,square,3racing,sato seiki and mugen hop ups for the mtx3 pm if you guys are looking for hop ups

thanks
not to give you a hard time or anything

but there is a for sale forum
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 07:30 PM   #8568
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys thanks for the replies on motor choices. i guess novarossi has a conglomerite monopoly on motors . seems like everybodys motors are made by them. i guess the deciding factor will be price. i think im going to set my price at $250. will i be able to pic up a "sirio killer" with this? i hope so. Oh btw my buddies ntc3 collided today ! There were parts everywhere ! (Funny how things get when your horsing around.) i havent hit anything with my mugen yet but i sure hope its more durible than the ntc3. thanks for your help again fellas.. C.
freefallmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 07:54 PM   #8569
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by freefallmarine
........Oh btw my buddies ntc3 collided today ! There were parts everywhere ! (Funny how things get when your horsing around.) ............
whatever problem you see on NTC3 is designed on purpose as Ass o has never admitted that there is any problem with their car.

Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 10:34 PM   #8570
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

"designed on purpose"

gotta love that phrase
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 01:34 AM   #8571
Tech Master

Hey Freefall, just order you a Sirio from Tower for $149., then send it to Uriah, and for less than $250 you can have THE engine to blow the doors off those other "jarheads". (said with affection!)

Or just call Lee at Winner's Circle , he can get you a Murnan Modified Sirio for $230, I think.

The Italian engines can pull the revs better than the Japanese engines do/will.

Also, have you tried changing gears? Taller tires will give you more top end speed than shorter tires will, unless you gear the car for the size of the tires.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 01:36 AM   #8572
Tech Master

I put the wrong fookin' link....use this One

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 03:08 AM   #8573
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Red 5 Thanks for the info. My fellow jarheads have"discovered" this site and is taking measures ! The two that own the ntc3 are into the "ass" site (thanks manti!) And it really has become a ford vs chevy kind of thing..like i said, funny how things get while were just horsing around....at least my car doesnt need upper and lower arms, cv shafts, shock towers...are you getting this corpral????? ou rah.. oh , Red is the story true about sirios going bad if you just overheat them once? what is too hot? my os has never been above 220 F is that good? i noticed if i ask 5 racers i get 5 diffrent answers... one guy told me his novarossi loved the 280 f temp!! i didnt know wether to believe him or not. thanks for all your help.. C.
freefallmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 06:13 AM   #8574
Tech Master

Freefallmarine,
The problem all of the Sirio's around here have had seems to be from the carburetor. After around 2-3 gallons, the low-end mixture settings just become strange as hell. The high-end needle is rock-solid, but not the low-end needle, seemingly. Some guys change carbs (most to Novarossi's), one changes the speed needle assembly quite often, while many many others have just gotten other engines (you know, the type that can get anything they want). I also saw one carb where the idle could not be set properly. If you opened it up more than .2 mm, it would catch as you close the throttle... being at 1/2 throttle when you want to be at idle is scary.

It is the fastest engine for the money without a doubt, and it won't be killed off for eternity if you overheat it. But if you repeatedly overheat the engine, it seems as though the carb becomes even more finicky, even sooner.

And if you want to be faster than the Sirio guys, I don't think an out of the box MR12 would do it, unless the guys you race stink at tuning. And the OS 12TR didn't have a prayer to beat them out-of-the-box.

I don't personally own a Sirio, but I know and help many that do own (or have owned) Sirio's themselves.
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 08:54 AM   #8575
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to loosenut

sirios are preety fast. if you budget is $250 then get teh ns12s3. It's aroudn that price w/o taxes or shipping.

I'd get the novamax for $290 at rc-mushroom.com. Shipping is like 13ish$ so total is like 303$. REally not bad for a nice mod motor that is faster than the ns12s3.

G
Old 10-24-2003, 11:37 AM   #8576
Tech Fanatic

Default MSX-3??

Anyone seen the lastest issue of the rc car action mag?? Kyosho just came out with a shaft drive car!! It performs great compared to the v one rr.

NOw I just saw this http://www.mugenseiki.com/menueefi.htm

Scroll down to the bottom

MSX3?

It look similar to the kyosho shaft driveone.. very low center of gravity. Looks unconventional...mainly because the tank sits up high (relatively). It's pretty much at teh same level as the mtx-3's tank..just that everythign else is much lower.

G
Old 10-24-2003, 11:44 AM   #8577
Tech Fanatic

Now that I've taken a better look - it looks kinda hookie...hehe
Old 10-24-2003, 02:58 PM   #8578
Tech Elite

Default Re: MSX-3??

Quote:
Originally posted by loosenut
MSX3?

It look similar to the kyosho shaft driveone.. very low center of gravity. Looks unconventional...mainly because the tank sits up high (relatively). It's pretty much at teh same level as the mtx-3's tank..just that everythign else is much lower.
Is the entry model to the Mugen family is almost an RTR, with pullstart, was the one to substitute to the Prime 12. The race model is the MTX3.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 03:07 PM   #8579
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman

it was out same time as the mtx2
mugen have the technology to go shaft drive!!!!
Old 10-24-2003, 03:29 PM   #8580
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman
it was out same time as the mtx2
mugen have the technology to go shaft drive!!!!
I come from the shaft drive (mine previous car was an NTC3) and wouldn't return to it for several reasons (beware, don't want to open a war between those two cars), but will list their Pros and Cons as I see them.

Pro: More efficient drive. More power to the ground due to less drag.
Pro: Lighter transmission. More rip from the hole (in fact is one of their biggest advantage) the ability of accelerating from still is in fact, unbeatable.
Pro: Their enclosed transmission makes it almost bulletproff, but there have their own ratio of weak points, in fact, the plastic outdrives are one of their biggest weak points (and the aluminium optional ones, doesn't solve much better).

Cons: More delicate of driving on low traction conditions (in fact the power and the solidness of the transmission is their worst enemy). Belts stretch and absorb some of the shock of transferring the power to the ground, belts are easier on tyres for this.
Cons: Torque steer. No matter what tells you the designers, anything turning in paralell to the driving direction subjects all the car to an uneven torque moment that couldn't be compensated, to every rpm there's a different torque roll moment.
Cons: Is a much different way to drive those cars, in fact more than a con, can be a Pro, you can yank the brakes much later. You need to maintain throttle more time, less inertia on the transmission has their own drawbacks.

Still prefeer the three belts scheme, if not, switching from 1/8 to 200mm cars would be much difficult to me.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote