R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-23-2003, 12:04 AM   #8551
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey guys, i know this is alittle off topic but i wanted to share this with you guys. last week a couple of my marines bought nitro touring cars 2 mtx-3s and 2 ntc-3s all of then with sirios! (damn them!!) Well today we were at a county airport racing each other on a wonderfull flat tarmac when my girlfriend pulls up on her yamaha r6 in full dainese leaters! You see i havent seen her for the last 4 days because she said that she had a photo shoot to go to. Well apperantly she and one of her girlfrind enrolled at the Freddie Spencer sportbike school!! She prceeded to ride out and dragged her knees to show off. Im sorry im rambling on but i m so proud..And besides i know she reads this fourm. thanks. C.
oh btw if any of you are in the dallas area pm me so we can get a semi race/dinner/bs-guys nite out thing going. once again thank you.. semper fi.
freefallmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 12:41 AM   #8552
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by freefallmarine
hey guys, i know this is alittle off topic but i wanted to share this with you guys. last week a couple of my marines bought nitro touring cars 2 mtx-3s and 2 ntc-3s all of then with sirios! (damn them!!) Well today we were at a county airport racing each other on a wonderfull flat tarmac when my girlfriend pulls up on her yamaha r6 in full dainese leaters! You see i havent seen her for the last 4 days because she said that she had a photo shoot to go to. Well apperantly she and one of her girlfrind enrolled at the Freddie Spencer sportbike school!! She prceeded to ride out and dragged her knees to show off. Im sorry im rambling on but i m so proud..And besides i know she reads this fourm. thanks. C.
oh btw if any of you are in the dallas area pm me so we can get a semi race/dinner/bs-guys nite out thing going. once again thank you.. semper fi.
i wish i were in dallas and race with you and meet with your girl's girlfriends !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 12:51 AM   #8553
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
sounds cool
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 01:15 AM   #8554
Tech Adept

Anyone tried GPM Alloy body post?
Are they better than stock plastic? Are those weight lot more than stock one?
US_MATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 01:28 AM   #8555
Tech Elite

hey, manticore 2 of them are going to hk with me...your in.!!
Old 10-23-2003, 01:47 AM   #8556
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
hey, manticore 2 of them are going to hk with me...your in.!!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 06:31 AM   #8557
Tech Regular

Setup sheet

Interesting to see there are new springs coming.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 06:38 AM   #8558
Tech Elite

quick questions;
-is there a official sato seiki site?
-were do you measure the "rebound stop" from? is this measured with a hudy setup?

Last edited by VenomWorldOrder; 10-23-2003 at 06:43 AM.
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 06:59 AM   #8559
Tech Master

VenomWorldOrder - the rebound stop is also known as the DOWN DROOP or just DROOP. You will use a DROOP GUAGE (e.g. HUDY) to measure it. Go to the Mugen set up sheet, under FRONT SUSPENSION, look at the bottom drawing, that is the DROOP measurement.

Snoopy - only thing I can think of are progressive springs, should not be merely string tension that is being tested.

US Matrix - I would not bother to use them, in a tumble the plastic ones are softer and will give a bit more. Also, becareful of GPM parts, things like UJs are a NO NO!!! The so called titanium is all bull ... I used them for my NTC3 and they wore out heck of a lot faster than the stock aluminium ones!!!
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 07:04 AM   #8560
Tech Elite

Ok guys i need help. buddies sirios are killing me on the top end.(im running a os 12 tr) All of us are roar legal but the sirios got alot of juice. i need some input on a motor comperable to theirs. novarossi? mr-12? any input would be great. thanks. C.
Old 10-23-2003, 07:22 AM   #8561
Tech Regular

Quote:
Ok guys i need help. buddies sirios are killing me on the top end.(im running a os 12 tr) All of us are roar legal but the sirios got alot of juice. i need some input on a motor comperable to theirs. novarossi? mr-12? any input would be great. thanks. C.
Get yourself a RB Rody or a JP Novarossi....kick their sirio ass.

Have you tried changing your pipe or gearing?
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 07:45 AM   #8562
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hehehe, seems you run on a track where mid and high rpms are the king. Your 12TR cannot do much more than what is doing vs. Sirios or Novas, is a reliable engine, but is all you can get from it (at least in their stock config).

Better to switch to a more suitable engine like the new STS D3, Sirios (AAC or ABC is your choose) or Nova NS12. If you want to wait some time more you will have available the new Nova engine (the RR12L) and after what I tested last weekend, will be a real killer, at least on medium to big tracks (on big tracks the NS12 or Sirio are the kings).

Probably you can get something more from your TR changing your gearing, but the differences will be small (try to take advantage of your low and mid rpms).
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 09:14 AM   #8563
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to loosenut

Quote:
I feel for ya bro!!!!

I've got a TR(p) too! It a great engine if you want to bash around in the parking lot or run llike sportsman class. But if you want to run competitively...then it's slower than a turtle - relatively speaking!!! =)

Sirios are fast - I've had one but it broke easy and couldn't find parts. NS12s3 is a good choice. MR12 is good ...basically any nova based engines are good. I went with a novamax 12 3-port cause it pretty fast!

G
Old 10-23-2003, 09:15 AM   #8564
Tech Fanatic

Another way of getting more outta your os trp is changing to a mccoy #8. It's a little longer than the os a5. It might shorten your engine's life but it'll raise the compression thus more speed.

G
Old 10-23-2003, 12:25 PM   #8565
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys,

Do you any of you run the lola body on your mtx-3? I wondering what would be a good setup for it? Can you get it to handle like the 1/8th scale?

G