R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-21-2003, 06:44 PM   #8536
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default Chuck

I found out why my car was hopping.

One of my rear diff outdrives (only one!!??) has a real bad groove in it, so when you accelerate and the dogbone pin sits in that groove, the suspension is locked.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 08:38 PM   #8537
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Rocket Ronbo

theRED5

Check to see if the clutch is hanging up. If the clutch is engaging early it could cause the car to stall if spun around (or if the bearings are getting rough). Other possible causes could be too low of an idle (remember to check idle when engine is at running temp because as it warms up idle lowers). Or like said by others if the bottom end is too rich.

Ron
Rocket Ronbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 12:08 AM   #8538
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by EVOLUTION
We should call him SLOWHara from now on !!!
sorry to quote the name under your signature! i know it is copyrighted !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 02:42 AM   #8539
Tech Regular

So Stefan, Do you think that O rings or Cut pieces of Fuel line (as Shim Mat)would have prevented this Prob? My MTX3 is still on the shelf Radio Motor and Exh sys. still required.Batts n starter box.......How about the rest of you? I see alot of Play in my Bones still and i know I'm gonna put the power to it soon enough.Should I shim it everytime till I get it pretty tight to the Track I'm gonna Run on mostly? and keep it tight for other tracks? How much slop should there be in the bones when at rest and bottomed out? I know for some these might be Racing secrets but Really I won't Pass you and if I do it will be because I'm first to the wall...........Anyone need any Saltwater Fishing Gear ? I'm Looking to Deal for R/C Stuff.........Can pick up and trade in So Cal.Also what Servos are you Guys running? I just Picked up a Couple Hi Tec's 625 and 605.625 on the Steering.What about temp too I was thinking about the venom OB sys but really think that weight added is performance lost... good for Break in and tuning or a temp gun a better deal?My MTX looks Bored sitting Accross from my RC10GT RTR........It needs some Quality Runtime and I don't have the $$$ to do it wrong.If You Guys Could help me keep from making mistakes That have already occured I'd be Really Happy to Share any info or obsevations that I Might make with you as well.
Fisher890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 10:15 AM   #8540
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to loosenut

Hey guys,

Anyone here uses two digital servos on the mtx-3? I know usuallly peeps use digital on the steering and regular on the throttle. But of late, I'm considering the futaba 3pk with that special receiver that'll only work with digital servos!

The thing that concerns me is run time?! I've never had any problems of finishing a 30 min main with a digital and a regular servo....what if both are digitals??

G
Old 10-22-2003, 10:25 AM   #8541
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to mtx3racer Send a message via AIM to mtx3racer

I have a friend that runs the 3pk w/ 2 8450's. He has no problem just make sure its fully charge before the main
mtx3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 10:27 AM   #8542
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
sorry to quote the name under your signature! i know it is copyrighted !
Seeing as you helped come up with the name i won't take legal action.
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 10:28 AM   #8543
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to mtx3racer Send a message via AIM to mtx3racer

Hey Fisher- Shouldn't have really any play. Think about it, the universals don't allow play so i think its ok for the dogbones
mtx3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 10:41 AM   #8544
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Fisher890
So Stefan, Do you think that O rings or Cut pieces of Fuel line (as Shim Mat)would have prevented this Prob? My MTX3 is still on the shelf Radio Motor and Exh sys. still required.Batts n starter box.......How about the rest of you? I see alot of Play in my Bones still and i know I'm gonna put the power to it soon enough.Should I shim it everytime till I get it pretty tight to the Track I'm gonna Run on mostly? and keep it tight for other tracks? How much slop should there be in the bones when at rest and bottomed out? I know for some these might be Racing secrets but Really I won't Pass you and if I do it will be because I'm first to the wall...........Anyone need any Saltwater Fishing Gear ? I'm Looking to Deal for R/C Stuff.........Can pick up and trade in So Cal.Also what Servos are you Guys running? I just Picked up a Couple Hi Tec's 625 and 605.625 on the Steering.What about temp too I was thinking about the venom OB sys but really think that weight added is performance lost... good for Break in and tuning or a temp gun a better deal?My MTX looks Bored sitting Accross from my RC10GT RTR........It needs some Quality Runtime and I don't have the $$$ to do it wrong.If You Guys Could help me keep from making mistakes That have already occured I'd be Really Happy to Share any info or obsevations that I Might make with you as well.
with this car.. the only racing secret i know is to drive better then the other with the same car...
Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 11:26 AM   #8545
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by loosenut

The thing that concerns me is run time?! I've never had any problems of finishing a 30 min main with a digital and a regular servo....what if both are digitals??

G [/B]
Just as long as you charge your rx pack at .5 mah, you shouldn't have any problems. I usually charge my rx pack the night before tha race. I'll have time for practice and 2-3 qualifiers. Before the long A main, I re-peak my pack at .5 mah and it takes about 10-15 minutes to recharge.
Old 10-22-2003, 01:12 PM   #8546
Tech Elite

TheRED5:

Check if your clutch bell needs some shimming between the clutch adjusting nut and the bearing that supports the clutch bell (use the same as you use to adjust the clutch bell clearance), some engines need one shim there to completely clear and disengage the clutch, sometimes with tight turns to the right, the clutch shoe touches slightly the clutch bell and at this low rpms stalls the engine.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 02:51 PM   #8547
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default Re: Gotta nuther question

Quote:
Originally posted by theRED5
I was hit quite a bit last raceday, and the car was knocked around, into little spins, and the engine died. I haven't had this happen ever before, usually when the car spins out the engine still runs to pull away. Does anyone know what would cause the engine to die? It did it 3 times last weekend and I was finally nailed at the high speed end of the straight, I now have a totally damagesd car.
hi check the body to see if its hit the end of the crank! had this before if the top hat on the clutch gets hit,engine stops!
Old 10-22-2003, 03:33 PM   #8548
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hey Fisher- Shouldn't have really any play. Think about it, the universals don't allow play so i think its ok for the dogbones
Hey MTX3racer could you clarify what you mean by this? The bones should be ok with the slop or should be shimmed equally to reduce the slop?
Fisher890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 07:30 PM   #8549
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
This is the Ho Bao car. another taiwan brand after TM (G4) and HN (LD3)
Sorry, my bad. What I meant is that car looks like the MTX3 such as roll over bar, tank placement, suspension geometry, etc?
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 08:17 PM   #8550
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

because it is a copy
B is offline   Reply With Quote