Tech Elite

Increase rear droop!?
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 04:23 PM   #8492
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to loosenut

Quote:
Originally posted by alvinm
I have about 2.5 deg.'s of rear toe.I'm using gray rear shocks.I think its possibly the tight rear suspension ( I needed more steering).I was running 35's but switched to 37 with the same wheel hop.I'll try 40's in the rear and then a softer spring.Its weird because it wont traction roll.I also took it apart to see if anything is binding.Any other possibilities,thanks.
What about changing your front shock position to a more upright position. That'll give you more off power steering. Also you can try to laydown your rear shocks all the way.

G
Old 10-20-2003, 05:18 PM   #8493
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to mtx3racer Send a message via AIM to mtx3racer

anyone have some good tips for keeping the car in good racing condition such as lubing the bearings or something?
mtx3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 09:52 PM   #8494
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by hurhur
my MTX3
not a single scratch? new chassis?
or you run the buggar 10mm ride height?
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 10:15 PM   #8495
Tech Master

raffaelli - only way you can really determine volume is to take a pipe fill it with water and then measure how much water there was in the pipe!!! Hahaha ... not a good solution but the only till the manufacturer states the volume on the boxes.

alvinm - I find that there is no real need to go for such hard springs, I mean I run on a NovaRossi 5 port and I still run purple on small tracks and blue on larger tracks with my one way. Guess your harder springs are causing the hopping effect and this is because also of your track surface, try back the blue springs with perhaps 50 weight oils or even 40.

mtx3racer - buy a new car after every say 2-3 racers, that is what they do for F1, hehehe ... for me I will strip the car down after each weekend. If you fees bored then remove literally everything, clean all bearings (you need a pin to remove the shield carefully, don't bend the shield), check all moving parts, lube everything in sight with the correct lubes, rebuild your shocks, check your 2 speed clutch, don't really have to bother about the Centax till say every 30 days (need to clean the bells and clutch shoes), its best to polish your engine after every gallon of fuel, this will ensure that your engine is working at the optimum level (do not do this unless you know how to), always check your camber caster droop toe in etc. Heck ... I think I spend too much time setting the car than playing it!!!
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 10:46 PM   #8496
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover
not a single scratch? new chassis?
or you run the buggar 10mm ride height?
its a new 5 stars chassis.
after the photoshoot, i took the car for a spin...and the chassis is scratched. OUCH!!!
hurhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 10:57 PM   #8497
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I made a search but there doesn't seem to be a MRX3 forum so I'll ask here since a few of you have them. I want to start racing 1/8th next spring and of course I'll be buying a Mugen product Is there any word on a new version of the MRX3 coming out soon? I'd hate to get the MRX3 just to see a MRX4 arrive in the stores a few months later.
Also, are digital servos a must have for 1/8th because I have a couple of brand new Airtronics 94358 servos lying around and thought I could use those instead of buying new ones.
Finally, recommandations on an engine and tuned pipe would be appreciated. I'll be racing on a European style track with fast sweeping turns and prepared asphalt.

Thanks

Last edited by mistercrash; 10-21-2003 at 01:52 AM.
mistercrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 01:46 AM   #8498
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Does anyone run foams on concrete? Everyone at my local track said to run rubber tires, should i ? Or should i stay with foams ?
freefallmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 02:34 AM   #8499
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by mistercrash
I made a search but there doesn't seem to be a MRX3 forum so I'll ask here since a few of you have them. I want to start racing 1/8th next spring and of course I'll be buying a Mugen product Is there any word on a new version of the MRX3 coming out soon? I'd hate to get the MRX3 just to see a MRX4 arrive in the stores a few months later.
Also, are digital servos a must have for 1/8th because I have a couple of brand new Airtronics 94358 servos lying around and thought I could use those instead of buying new ones.
You have a 1/8 scale generic forum here (in rctech.net):

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&threadid=2634

But you can find more info about the car you want at www.mrx3.com

Regarding Digital servos, seems to be fine for the steering, and use a plain 'analog' on the throttle (this is a very common combo of servos). But if you have some lying on your toolbox (and the two are digital or analog) use straightly from the box.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 02:41 AM   #8500
Tech Elite

Talking

Check this out... My MTX3 Holden Team on Lamborgini body
Attached Images
File Type: gif holdenonlamb.gif (139.1 KB, 121 views)
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 04:16 AM   #8501
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
You have a 1/8 scale generic forum here (in rctech.net):

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&threadid=2634

But you can find more info about the car you want at www.mrx3.com

Regarding Digital servos, seems to be fine for the steering, and use a plain 'analog' on the throttle (this is a very common combo of servos). But if you have some lying on your toolbox (and the two are digital or analog) use straightly from the box.
Thank you very much for the links Corse-R. As for my two servos, they are analog but still deliver .10 seconds transit time with 200 oz/inch of torque. I agree that a digital servo is good on the steering to help control such a fast car. I'll first try out one of the servos I have on the steering and if I feel that a digital one would be better for this kind of car then I'll follow your advice. Thanks again.
mistercrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 05:12 AM   #8502
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by esham
Check this out... My MTX3 Holden Team on Lamborgini body
Love those 'roll bars' Surely that protects the body from scratching it if is goes upside down.

Who is that one on the V8 Holden Supercar? Mark Skaife? Usually see those races on Motors TV last one I saw was at Sandown.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 05:41 AM   #8503
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by mistercrash
Finally, recommandations on an engine and tuned pipe would be appreciated. I'll be racing on a European style track with fast sweeping turns and prepared asphalt.

Thanks
If you have to have a car now, the MRX-3 is THE car to have. However, if you can wait until Jan or Feb, I think you'll have another option . I can't get into specifics, just go with me on this one .
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 05:43 AM   #8504
Tech Initiate

What engine is everyone racing on their MTX-3? I race with the stock engine that came with the kit. I just bought Novarossi NS12S3 JP Racing. After i break it in on the serpnet engine break-in bench i will race with the JP

What do you think about engine break-in bench? Has anyone used it?
czotalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 05:49 AM   #8505
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

I always do the break inn process of my car engines on a bench with an airplane prop (im an rc airplane pilot too) and my engines are running flawless ...

Hope this helps ...

cya !

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote