R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2003, 07:09 PM   #8476
Tech Elite
 
raffaelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
Posts: 2,924
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

What pipe produces the most torque?
raffaelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 07:18 PM   #8477
Tech Champion
 
Slotmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germantown Maryland
Posts: 5,699
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Default wheel hop

Quote:
Originally posted by alvinm
Has anyone had this problem?
Wheel hop can sometimes be caused by too much rear traction. I myself expierenced this today when I ran 35 shore tires, when I switched to 37 shore the problem went away.
__________________
HOBBYWING NORTH AMERICA /FALCON SEKIDO/ TEKNO RC TEAM/VBC Racing America/VP-PRO RACING TIRES/2010 R.O.A.R. VTA National Champion Driving a T2R PRO/NANO-TECH Batteries Paul Rush
Slotmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 11:20 PM   #8478
Tech Master
 
tIANcI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 1,737
Default

loosenut - just cut a little bit of fuel tubing of about 2-3 mm, do not let the dogbones bind at all ... must have some free play

raffaelli - go for the longer pises, or those with more volume for more torque ... I know one thing, I changes my pinion and spurs for my MTX3 to a 8.08 and 5.05 gearing, the acceleration is heck of a great for those smallish tracks.

Slotmachine - how does softer shore means a bouncier ride? I am running 35 shore and its lovely. No such thing as any hop of any kind.
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 04:10 AM   #8479
Tech Regular
 
Fisher890's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Redondo Beach Calif
Posts: 269
Default

^^^^^ Newest MTX3 HO^^^^^

God I love this Kit.............Where am i gonna screw it up? I'm up to The servo installation. I Have a slight tick in the Drivetrain that I can feel its not all together yet but this kinna bugs me.Anything I need to worry about or will it Run in? How Fast should my steering servo be will a Hitec 525MG ([email protected] 6v) do it or do I need faster?So Sorry HPI The Box Was SOOO Heavy I couldn't get it to my car.........(R40) loses to Mugen.........
Any Building and set up info before I finish this kit would be GREATLY appricated.
Fisher890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 04:15 AM   #8480
Tech Elite
 
Corse-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 2,121
Default

Rafaelli: For me the pipe with most torque is the RB X12 pipe, gives a 'distinctive' grunt to your engines, couple it with a RB short manifold (RB 1700-193), then cut the manifold to a pipe lenght of 97 - 102mm long. Refer to RB site on how to measure the pipe lenght.

Slotmachine/Tianci: The wheels can hop due to several causes, this ranges from an insufficient hidraulic/very stiff spring combo to a too soft tyre for the track conditions. In this case the tyres grip a lot and the handling is weird, grips so much but slides suddenly without previous advise. A too soft tyre makes the car harsh to drive due to foam flex and excessive grip.
__________________
Cheers,
Corse-R
---
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 04:32 AM   #8481
Tech Elite
 
Corse-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 2,121
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Fisher890
^^^^^ Newest MTX3 HO^^^^^

God I love this Kit.............Where am i gonna screw it up? I'm up to The servo installation. I Have a slight tick in the Drivetrain that I can feel its not all together yet but this kinna bugs me.Anything I need to worry about or will it Run in? How Fast should my steering servo be will a Hitec 525MG ([email protected] 6v) do it or do I need faster?So Sorry HPI The Box Was SOOO Heavy I couldn't get it to my car.........(R40) loses to Mugen.........
Any Building and set up info before I finish this kit would be GREATLY appricated.
If you have one tight poing on your drivetrain could be caused to several reasons. This is a list to check:
- Check the pulleys, probably you have some dirt or plastic flash in one of those. Check too the center belt tension, should not have tight, needs to have some milimeters of travel to absorb the engine force without slipping (haven't seen up to today one belt who slips, but...).
- Check too the brake disk. Stock pads needs to be sanded to clear the disk. Sometimes the center disk spider (the piece in aluminium comes with some flash or isn't totally straight). Grab some 400 - 600 grit sandpaper and a dab of water and polish slightly the two sides, you will see what I'm talking.
- Check too if this tight point coincides with a moment when the dogbone (any dogbone) moves slightly and binds on the outdrives.

Rafaelli: Just remembered now. If you want a strong pipe with good mid rpms and capable of getting high rpms. A pipe to check is the Novarossi 51224, slightly longer than the 52604 one (pipe comes from their .15 line, but with the normal 'In-Line' .12 pipe manifold it fits perfect. PM me if you want more details about this pipe. Sometimes is very hard to find in the correct combo (with the proper manifold).
__________________
Cheers,
Corse-R
---
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 04:59 AM   #8482
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by B
does anyone know if the mtx-2 front and rear suspension arms can be used on the mtx-3?

thanks
I installed a front lower arm from my MTX-2 in the MTX-3 and did not see any problem. I reced it this weekend. Tried the upper arm and had a little bit of play in it, so did not use it.

Jose
joseviejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 05:46 AM   #8483
Tech Elite
 
raffaelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
Posts: 2,924
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by tIANcI

raffaelli - go for the longer pises, or those with more volume for more torque ... I know one thing, I changes my pinion and spurs for my MTX3 to a 8.08 and 5.05 gearing, the acceleration is heck of a great for those smallish tracks.
Thanks, do you know which one has the most volume?
raffaelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 05:54 AM   #8484
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Richmond, Va
Posts: 679
Default

Chris--I'm sure you know this, but you probably should wait until you choose your engine, then get a pipe to compliment the engine. My Richey engines produce MAD amounts of bottom end, so I went with a pipe to help the top end, and just adjusted the gearing & clutch for the bottom. I got the best of both worlds. I'm running the RDLogics ROAR legal "Turbo" on pice pipe and absolutely LOOOOOOOOOVE this pipe. Another good combo for my setup was the RB X15 pipe with a Nova manifold set at 98mm (but the stinger isn't legal for ROAR .12 racing). The RB X12 with the Nova manifold did pretty good, but lacked the top end I wanted.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 10:45 AM   #8485
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: N. Cali
Posts: 854
Send a message via AIM to loosenut
Default

Another weird prob.

I've noticed after a day of racing that my front wheel nuts have sunken into my wheels??!! Or partly ate into it. So it was hella hard to take them off. Also the inside part (hex) was worn to the point that I can't use them again because of too much play in the plastic hex...is this normal?? Or did I tighten them too tight?

Will a washer on the outside of the wheel (between the wheel nut and wheel) help??

G
__________________
Tekno SCT410//B44.x Avid Chasis//B5M//HW 3656 - 4700 kv// HW V10//MT-4
loosenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 11:51 AM   #8486
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 927
Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by loosenut
Another weird prob.

I've noticed after a day of racing that my front wheel nuts have sunken into my wheels??!! Or partly ate into it. So it was hella hard to take them off. Also the inside part (hex) was worn to the point that I can't use them again because of too much play in the plastic hex...is this normal?? Or did I tighten them too tight?

Will a washer on the outside of the wheel (between the wheel nut and wheel) help??

G
yep deff fit a washer, and dont tighten too tight. i would but some alloy wheel hexe's as well if you do not have any
__________________
Dremel UK - Schumacher Racing - Vapextech UK - MBModels UK - MRT
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 11:52 AM   #8487
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: N. Cali
Posts: 854
Send a message via AIM to loosenut
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman
yep deff fit a washer, and dont tighten too tight. i would but some alloy wheel hexe's as well if you do not have any
yea...I do have the aluminum hex adaptors....thx alot. When I mentioned play in the hex - I ment on the wheel - not the adaptor.


G
__________________
Tekno SCT410//B44.x Avid Chasis//B5M//HW 3656 - 4700 kv// HW V10//MT-4
loosenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 12:15 PM   #8488
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 927
Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default

quess you not want to match your user name then!!!!!
__________________
Dremel UK - Schumacher Racing - Vapextech UK - MBModels UK - MRT
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 12:20 PM   #8489
Tech Apprentice
 
alvinm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: pembroke pines fl.
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Rafaelli: For me the pipe with most torque is the RB X12 pipe, gives a 'distinctive' grunt to your engines, couple it with a RB short manifold (RB 1700-193), then cut the manifold to a pipe lenght of 97 - 102mm long. Refer to RB site on how to measure the pipe lenght.

Slotmachine/Tianci: The wheels can hop due to several causes, this ranges from an insufficient hidraulic/very stiff spring combo to a too soft tyre for the track conditions. In this case the tyres grip a lot and the handling is weird, grips so much but slides suddenly without previous advise. A too soft tyre makes the car harsh to drive due to foam flex and excessive grip.
I have about 2.5 deg.'s of rear toe.I'm using gray rear shocks.I think its possibly the tight rear suspension ( I needed more steering).I was running 35's but switched to 37 with the same wheel hop.I'll try 40's in the rear and then a softer spring.Its weird because it wont traction roll.I also took it apart to see if anything is binding.Any other possibilities,thanks.
alvinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 02:55 PM   #8490
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

go to a thicker shock oil
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:55 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net