R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-07-2003, 03:24 AM   #8311
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Nope, Odonnell engine will be Nova based, but much different from other Nova cousins, there's not much info regarding this, tell anything when get one on mine hands.
hmmz.. coz the last i heard that Odonnell engine were Picco based.. if its a Nova based it should be good..

well will be anticipating for your report soon..
Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 06:53 AM   #8312
Tech Fanatic

I think i remember reading that it isn't a picco or nova based engine but rather a new engine altogether,i could be wrong though.
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 07:12 AM   #8313
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman
i have seen this in the UK on various brands of housing

get RED lock tite clean all parts with motor spray, apply plenty of it to outside of bearing AND housing push them together and wipe excess immediately DO NOT clean with any spray as it will was away the lock tite.
this worked on mine
ignore the other posts and do it, i am a motor mechanic with 20 years experience! and if done correctly it will work!
I've never heard of this problem but if you are going to use any loctite product for the bearing whether it's tolerance reasons or loose fit,i would use "loctite 641".I've used it many times on 1:1 cars for bearings,maybe use it in a small quantity(it's pretty strong)and it will teach that bearing a lesson !!!

Last edited by EVOLUTION; 10-07-2003 at 07:19 AM.
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 02:15 PM   #8314
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to mtx3racer Send a message via AIM to mtx3racer

Does anybody that drives the mtx3 use oil to lube the 2nd gear housing that fits over the 2 speed shoes? I'm still having problems w/ my 2 speed sticking in second. I talked to some local race champs and they looked at it and said that there was nothing wrong w/ the way i put it together. I just finished driving it w/ lube the inside of the housing and its seemed to drive longer w/ out sticking but still got stuck after about 3 min. of driving. Help!
mtx3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 02:34 PM   #8315
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman

Quote:
Originally posted by loosenut
Ok another noob question....

Why is there such difference in speed between the intermediate and the expert class? Now, I'm not talking about driving skills. Just the pure speed/acceleration of the cars. All the engines are .12 roar legal none-turbo...

It it fuel? Tweaking of engine? Or allowing the engines to run extremely lean? What is it? What is competitive racing engine temperature?? Because I was amazed at the speed of them expert cars...I mean I could have a perferctly driven race and not even come close to any of them because my car is just slower.

G
I run my richey MT on 16% fuel and at around 250 to 260 degress and it flies, i gear lower that other mugen driver to get the punch and use the rpm for top end, as Motoman says i also have the clutch set to give max power when it enganges to get me out the corner quick, remember im on rubber tyres, i could do more if on foam!
Old 10-07-2003, 02:39 PM   #8316
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by mtx3racer
Does anybody that drives the mtx3 use oil to lube the 2nd gear housing that fits over the 2 speed shoes? I'm still having problems w/ my 2 speed sticking in second. I talked to some local race champs and they looked at it and said that there was nothing wrong w/ the way i put it together. I just finished driving it w/ lube the inside of the housing and its seemed to drive longer w/ out sticking but still got stuck after about 3 min. of driving. Help!
ok you need to check this

1/ are the screws holding the spur on rubbing one the shoes, seen this before!
2/ stip it down and make sure the balls are not stuck in the shoes, seen this too
3/ set it exactly as the manual, set center screws to just open shoes from center steel then set the ones with springs, if this fails buy new bits and retry
sorry but it has to be somthing you have done if nothing is worn.
not oil should be used, as you are asking for slip!
Old 10-07-2003, 02:41 PM   #8317
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to loosenut

Cartman,

Which clutch spring do you use? Silver or gold? So I presume you have yoru springs a bit tighter so that it'll catch with higher rpm??

g
Old 10-07-2003, 02:47 PM   #8318
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to mtx3racer Send a message via AIM to mtx3racer

cartman- thanks i will try that, also on the 2 speed shoes, the 3mm balls, mine fall all the way to the bottom of the shoe(wear it wraps around the metal) should it be able to fall all the way threw?
mtx3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 03:28 PM   #8319
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by loosenut
Cartman,

Which clutch spring do you use? Silver or gold? So I presume you have yoru springs a bit tighter so that it'll catch with higher rpm??

g
kit spring

.8 to 9 mm on nut and .3 on end float!
Old 10-07-2003, 03:33 PM   #8320
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by mtx3racer
cartman- thanks i will try that, also on the 2 speed shoes, the 3mm balls, mine fall all the way to the bottom of the shoe(wear it wraps around the metal) should it be able to fall all the way threw?
yes as the metal stops it falling out the screw on the ball should be tightened until the shoe just lifts from the centre part, i had inconsistent gear change and had set this wrong, read the manual
properly and had no trouble since, and i had just bough a second 2 speed to build!!!!
Old 10-07-2003, 03:36 PM   #8321
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman
kit spring

.8 to 9 mm on nut and .3 on end float!
Sorry bro...what do you mean .8 to 9 mm on the nut? Is that measuring the compressed spring w/the nut? and the .3 on the end float? Is that measured from the end of the thread to the nut? Confused...hehe

G
Old 10-07-2003, 03:55 PM   #8322
Tech Fanatic

yep .8 to .9mm from the end of the flywheel nut to the spring nut. step 38 in manual

.3 is how much the end bell moves step 39 in manual
Old 10-07-2003, 04:00 PM   #8323
Tech Fanatic

got it..thx.

g
Old 10-07-2003, 08:46 PM   #8324
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Gary: Goto kragen auto or any autoshop and buy yourself a feeler gauge. I got mine a kragen and they cost about 5 bucks. My gauge reads from .1 to 1.06mm.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:34 PM   #8325
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Vinyard
hmmz.. coz the last i heard that Odonnell engine were Picco based.. if its a Nova based it should be good..

well will be anticipating for your report soon..
whoa..getting one soon??
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote