R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-10-2003, 06:44 PM   #7891
Tech Addict

man i would love to play on a track that can pratically use breaks

the dump ass who sets up the track here make the lanes and coner so close and so narrow that i rely on momentum to get thru some S coners coz the clutch won't engage at such a slow speed

and unfortunately that's the only track i am able to go to play
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 07:24 PM   #7892
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by smartdriver
sorry for the crappy pics,forgot to set camera for quality.
i wonder if this method will hurt the oneway bearings as the excessive force from the grub screws will force the outdrive shaft sit in an incline angle.

i have no idea if the inner diameter is 10mm or >6mm
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 07:52 PM   #7893
Tech Apprentice

I dont think there is enough slop in the bearings to worry about plus there wont be that much strain on the screws anyway.the oneway bearing takes the power and the screws will take the brake and cornering forces.......havent ran it yet but I will post here with results.
smartdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 07:54 PM   #7894
Tech Champion

Quote:
I dont think there is enough slop in the bearings to worry about plus there wont be that much strain on the screws anyway.the oneway bearing takes the power and the screws will take the brake and cornering forces.......havent ran it yet but I will post here with results.
nice thought anyway. please keep us posted !
Old 09-10-2003, 08:57 PM   #7895
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
i wonder if this method will hurt the oneway bearings as the excessive force from the grub screws will force the outdrive shaft sit in an incline angle.

i have no idea if the inner diameter is 10mm or >6mm
In this case I would suggest to use 2 grub screws at 90 degree apart from each others! by doing that it wont have that much stress on both grub screws and the outdrive since both grub screw will push the outdrive to the other side of the oneway bearing then you will have much more contact patch to stop the outdrive to spin!

Just my $0.02
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 09:04 PM   #7896
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by nizee
If you have something against me, Pls do PM me.

If not, STFU.
Wow, what make you think that? You could be my boss some day, if your offer still stands. The chance to “rubbing shoulders” with a roomful of scientists is always my dream and why would I mess it up by pissing you off?

I was not thought to bahave this way. My apology nice, I meant nizee.
Can we just be friend? If yes good, if not then FOESAD.

BTW, JOOC, do you talk like that too? IMHO, people might have a hard time understanding you, DYU?

WTf
Jump 7 Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 09:14 PM   #7897
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
here comes the snaker again !
No sir, I am not a snaker, WTM

WT
Jump 7 Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 09:15 PM   #7898
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Jump 7 Miles
No sir, I am not a snaker, WTM

WT
so, what are you? identify yourself !
Old 09-10-2003, 10:24 PM   #7899
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to hicheef
Default Whats this hole for???

I'm doing a re-build and noticed this hole and wasn't sure if there was anything there before I tore down or not but it seerms odd for there to be an available hole. What is the hole on the attached .jpg for?? I think it is for option piece T0127D (brake pad stop) but I want to make sure. Any help you guys can lend will be most appreciated !!!!!
KEVIN
Attached Images
File Type: jpg what is this hole for.jpg (126.1 KB, 115 views)
hicheef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 10:27 PM   #7900
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Whats this hole for???

Quote:
Originally posted by hicheef
I'm doing a re-build and noticed this hole and wasn't sure if there was anything there before I tore down or not but it seerms odd for there to be an available hole. What is the hole on the attached .jpg for?? I think it is for option piece T0127D (brake pad stop) but I want to make sure. Any help you guys can lend will be most appreciated !!!!!
KEVIN
yes..its for the brake stopper...in case u don't wanna use the brake pins...
vones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 10:27 PM   #7901
Tech Master

yes that is the screw hole if you were to use the plastic brake stop I believe.
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 10:29 PM   #7902
Tech Master

Lightbulb Mugen Shocks

I need some assistance, after a good day out on the track my Mugen shocks are no longer damping well. If I remove the springs and compress the shocks, the piston will not fully extend. The reason I found is that the diaphram collapses a bit and is no longer the shape of a dome. Anyone has this problem and knows of a solution? Thanks.
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 10:52 PM   #7903
Tech Elite

Default Re: re; solid oneway

Quote:
Cartman,I will post some pics later tonight
Stefan,I just act dumb to make you feel smarter. J/K
simple minds come simple solutions
Whoa! Looks killer. Picked the idea. You just used a 3mm grub screw or is bigger?
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 11:00 PM   #7904
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Still have problem with the front CVDs or the dogpones.... dont know why..every things seem to be ok in the 30min main last week...now this week problem again... this time I have dog bone in and it keep getting stuck..... =( and its wired. I only have a problem on the right side of my car?? I run front diff now..and it's really think diff greesse...feel like a salid diff almose...=P ...what would be a problem??

I think my front upright have a small crack in it.....that cost my cvd's and dog bone to pop just like that... will see what happen next.
superk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 11:00 PM   #7905
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by loosenut
Sorry for all these questions. My first mtx3...

Do you guys true run smaller diameter tires up front on the mtx3? So that the car pulls more than pushes??

BTW, mtx3 looks siiick!! Much better than my ntc3.....now I'll have to drive it first to determine the performance differences....but the craftsmanship on the car is just insane.

The manual is crap! Does anyone know if there's like a "tuning guide" for the mtx-3??
To have a starting point, use the stock setup is really good and with some slight changes to it, probably you will get your car dialed. You don't need to go much far from the stock setup to have a killer car and perfectly dialed.

Use the same size foams in the front and rear, don't play with split sizes now, grab a fresh set of tyres just bolt it and enjoy the car.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote