R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-28-2003, 07:18 PM   #7636
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by TAW
A couple of pages back you guys were talking about diff oils and someone mentioned 3000 in the rear and 7000 in the front for a medium size/bite track, would this be similar setting for a very small prepared parking lot track? What the general rule of thumb of diff oil weights?

Thanks
Troy
yeah..that's me, TAW.
You can try this setup and see if you like the handling. Some racers here run #5000 front with #3000 rear while others #7000 front with #1000 rear.
For me, i run #7000 front and #3000 rear. Small technical track is good with this setup where there lots of switchbacks and 90 turns.
Good luck.
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 07:24 PM   #7637
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: MTX-3 diffs

Quote:
Originally posted by BongR
Manticore,

Are you referring to the front or rear diffs? I've been using the one-way even on small tracks, can't stop the front diffs from leaking.
Thanks for the info.
to stop the diff from leaking, first you need to smear a layer of silicone sealant on the diff case surface where the gasket going to meet.
Replace the stock diff screws with a bigger tapered head (gold color screw) for better sealing.
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 08:41 PM   #7638
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: Re: Re: MTX-3 diffs

Quote:
Originally posted by BongR
Thanks man. Would you suggest switching from stock diff iul to 30000 wt even on low traction tracks(small)? I'm doing okay, but still need to cut .5 seconds per lap in our track too catch up with the big guns. as always, your wisdom is deeply appreciated.

i would use #5000 to #7000 in your case.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 10:12 PM   #7639
Tech Initiate

Default Anti Roll Bar Adjustment

I just got my MTX-3 Kit and im unsure how to adjust the set screws on the front anti roll bar?
How should i set these?
EnzoFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 10:19 PM   #7640
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: MTX-3 diffs

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
i would use #5000 to #7000 in your case.
Thanks manticore/rclover.
BongR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 10:29 PM   #7641
Tech Adept

Default Re: Anti Roll Bar Adjustment

Quote:
Originally posted by EnzoFerrari
I just got my MTX-3 Kit and im unsure how to adjust the set screws on the front anti roll bar?
How should i set these?
Do you mean the sway bar blades??
FAST1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 10:34 PM   #7642
Tech Initiate

Not the two that actually hold the blades in place. Theres another 4 set screws. 2 on the top(diff case) and 2 on the side(on the pieces that hold the blades).
Old 08-28-2003, 10:48 PM   #7643
Tech Initiate

They look like some sort of bump stop adjustment.
Old 08-29-2003, 02:28 AM   #7644
Tech Addict

the 2 on the diff housing are for down stop and the 2 on the blade holders are for up stop if i remember correctly
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 02:38 AM   #7645
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

does the Mugen MTX3 4mm chassis worth the money? I drove my brand new MTX3 for a few laps last week.... i didn't had any major crash... but the car is slightly tweaked on my tweak station....
over gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 03:00 AM   #7646
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by over gear
does the Mugen MTX3 4mm chassis worth the money? I drove my brand new MTX3 for a few laps last week.... i didn't had any major crash... but the car is slightly tweaked on my tweak station....
4mm chassis worths if you run on high grip tracks or in a place with big sweepers, where the higher rigidity of the chassis makes it more stable on the turns. I have the Mugen 4mm unit installed in one of mine cars and is the best 60US$ I have paid for a hop-up. Regarding weight, it weights a little more, but all the weight is placed where it doesn't harms and helps to your car: At the lowest point in your car.

Beware with the stock chassis. Really don't know why but the 3mm chassis that come stock in all cars come with a bow in the rear half. If you're referring to this, isn't really tweaked is how come from stock.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 03:11 AM   #7647
Tech Elite

Default Re: Anti Roll Bar Adjustment

Quote:
Originally posted by EnzoFerrari
How should i set these?
In the front sway bar holder you have several screws (grub type) and their function is very varied.

- The ones at the sides. Adjusts the upstops, mine advice regarding this is to left completely unscrewed and not play with it unless you have a grasp on how it works. As it name implies it works limiting the suspension on the compression side.
- The ones at the upper side. Adjusts the downstops, those are the needed to touch when adjusting droop. Limits the shock travel on the extension side.
- The ones at the lower side (seen from underside). Locks the front sway bar blades. Turn the blades to the side you prefeer.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 09:36 AM   #7648
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by EVOLUTION
Dude even at 10 years of age,i would spank you like i was your daddy.

By the way underground.com is looking good!!!
well we will soon see. if you live were the nationals will be held in oct i will see you then!

in regards to www.rcunderground.net thanks.

thanks for the advise on the 2 speed shafts people. will keep the shooter as a spare.

about the grub screws on the swaybar; i would only recommend playing with this if you are driving on a high speed extreme high traction track. ie one that is vht'ed. i played around with this once and found that if set, it induced understeer on a track which otherwise was causing my car to traction roll. if you set it right you can have it so it creates a push in the steering at just the right part of the track....i did not fine tune it though. so i left them out. (read not touching diff block at full shock travel).
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 09:43 AM   #7649
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Originally posted by over gear
Yes it is a very nice chassis, stiff, and everything fits perfect! Oh just FYI, you didnt run a few laps, more like 50~60 laps, you ran 6 tanks straight! eventhough it is still on the rich side but you still had fun right?
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 10:29 AM   #7650
Tech Initiate

Makes sense guys. Thanks for the info. I'm just gonna leave the grub screws alone. I can't wait to finish the kit so i can rip it.

Any recommendations for setups? Also what tyres should i use on parking lot surface? Should i use the foams or will I chew them up too quickly. Which rubber tires are good for the MTX-3 on parking lot surfaces(slightly rough).