R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-28-2003, 08:15 AM   #7621
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by alvinm
Actually there are more but I'll try to read through the bickering .
yeah it's getting borring. fasthairy you're sounding pritty lame with your post and evolution you're sounding like a 10 yr old in a schoolyard, you don't know when to "quit it!"

FH's posts speak for themselves.

oww by the way fasthairy evolution can't race you, he lives waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to far away from you. i think i know were. hehe

back to mugen stuff.

i just ordered the shooter lightened mainshaft and a spare square lightened mainshaft from the guys at harmony. which is better? strength/lighteness, quality etc.
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 08:28 AM   #7622
TAW
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TAW

A couple of pages back you guys were talking about diff oils and someone mentioned 3000 in the rear and 7000 in the front for a medium size/bite track, would this be similar setting for a very small prepared parking lot track? What the general rule of thumb of diff oil weights?

Thanks
Troy
TAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 09:24 AM   #7623
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
yeah it's getting borring. fasthairy you're sounding pritty lame with your post and evolution you're sounding like a 10 yr old in a schoolyard, you don't know when to "quit it!"

oww by the way fasthairy evolution can't race you, he lives waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to far away from you. i think i know were. hehe

back to mugen stuff.

i just ordered the shooter lightened mainshaft and a spare square lightened mainshaft from the guys at harmony. which is better? strength/lighteness, quality etc.
i think evolution knows the way how to handle slowhairy.....

by the way, i have been using square hollow and lightened main shaft and it is still going good. no fear on breakage. no worry mate !

the shooter hollow shaft is much cheaper and I think you should keep shooter as back up if you want to keep both.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 09:40 AM   #7624
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

back to mugen stuff.

Dude even at 10 years of age,i would spank you like i was your daddy.

By the way underground.com is looking good!!!
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 09:47 AM   #7625
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
i think evolution knows the way how to handle slowhairy.....
Shhhh,that's our secret!

Lookout for that hollow shaft if you install the MTO s3 in there!
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 10:00 AM   #7626
Tech Fanatic

you guys are hopeless, i give up $%[email protected]!#@#%%^$$#@#
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 11:28 AM   #7627
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish

Quote:
back to mugen stuff.

In SQUARE, I trust!

Its artistically design and durability is well reserved my honor to have them on my car. Nonetheless, the only downside is it's the most expensive hopup brands for many cars, not just Mugen.

Keep the Shooter's as backup is a good idea. I just happen to stock only the best!
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 11:31 AM   #7628
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm seriously starting to envy the snake and NTC3 owners at my club. They're always busy in the pits wrenching on their cars, trying desperataly to find a working set up for their snake or fixing broken parts on their NTC3. The NTC3 guys are the busiest because in addition to fixing broken parts, they get to walk all around the track for 20 minutes to find those back turnbuckles they lost. My racing days with the MTX3 are soooooo boring. All I get to do all day is sit back, relax, then put the car on the track, race and win all the time. Man! I wish I had some wrenching to do or a broken part to replace. Or even better, I wish I had the upportunity to spend hundreds on hop ups. But noooooo! All the MTX3 owners get to do is one, build the car, two, race it and three, WIN. It's lonely at the top
mistercrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 11:39 AM   #7629
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish

Quote:
Originally posted by mistercrash
I'm seriously starting to envy the snake and NTC3 owners at my club. They're always busy in the pits wrenching on their cars, trying desperataly to find a working set up for their snake or fixing broken parts on their NTC3. The NTC3 guys are the busiest because in addition to fixing broken parts, they get to walk all around the track for 20 minutes to find those back turnbuckles they lost. My racing days with the MTX3 are soooooo boring. All I get to do all day is sit back, relax, then put the car on the track, race and win all the time. Man! I wish I had some wrenching to do or a broken part to replace. Or even better, I wish I had the upportunity to spend hundreds on hop ups. But noooooo! All the MTX3 owners get to do is one, build the car, two, race it and three, WIN. It's lonely at the top
No wonder when they call out for Marshalls, most of the times it's the Mugen guys who take the honor by volunteering or substitute others who are busy doing as what is described above.
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 11:46 AM   #7630
Tech Champion

Quote:
Old 08-28-2003, 11:51 AM   #7631
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiethefish
No wonder when they call out for Marshalls, most of the times it's the Mugen guys who take the honor.
This is so true. I volunteered to marshall lots of times... Since I have so much free time during race day
mistercrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 02:30 PM   #7632
Tech Elite

Quote:
I'm seriously starting to envy the snake and NTC3 owners at my club. They're always busy in the pits wrenching on their cars, trying desperataly to find a working set up for their snake or fixing broken parts on their NTC3.
Yeah, it's pretty boring, fo a search on the previous pages of a prototype of open letter to the Mugen guys with suggestions for their next model. Yawn!....

Have an NTC3 and plan to blow the dust and make some turns this weekend with it just to remember old times... today mine race car is the MTX3, but plan to bash on the track with the NTC3 to see if mine boredness improves.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 06:33 PM   #7633
Tech Initiate

Default MTX-3 diffs

Quote:
I find that the stock diff works very well with MTX3. I started with stock setting of #7,000 and moved on to #30,000. the car reacts very fast on corners and rear traction has improved. I might want to try #50,000 later on.
Manticore,

Are you referring to the front or rear diffs? I've been using the one-way even on small tracks, can't stop the front diffs from leaking.
Thanks for the info.
BongR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 06:55 PM   #7634
Tech Champion

Default Re: MTX-3 diffs

Quote:
Originally posted by BongR
Manticore,

Are you referring to the front or rear diffs? I've been using the one-way even on small tracks, can't stop the front diffs from leaking.
Thanks for the info.
i am referring to rear diff. I run front oneway all the way.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:05 PM   #7635
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: MTX-3 diffs

Quote:
i am referring to rear diff. I run front oneway all the way.
Thanks man. Would you suggest switching from stock diff iul to 30000 wt even on low traction tracks(small)? I'm doing okay, but still need to cut .5 seconds per lap in our track too catch up with the big guns. as always, your wisdom is deeply appreciated.

BongR is offline   Reply With Quote