R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-27-2003, 07:19 AM   #7561
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
hey,My buddys mantiBORE ,EvoLOSER ...and Stefanie........

Still got the same big mouths I see...Thats nice.....

Too bad you missed the oppurtunity to come race this weekend at the HPI Challenge(and put your money where your mouth's are)...Now I know Mantis digging for oil on the other side of the planet,and EVO isn't even man enough to post where he lives(whats the matter,afraid of a visit from someone who CAN beat you on a racetrack?)...But Steffie?......

Now YOU should have come up and raced....

Alot of guys from all over the east coast read this forum,and this thread.....And I met just about all of them..They all saw me run,we all had a good time,and they all told me what a kick they get from reading my post's.....And,instead of BENCH racing,which is all you guys are good for,they actually put their cars on the track and ran them...

And they all agreed on one thing...I'm fast...(and so were they)...

oh yeah,

And you're a bunch of Ass Clowns....

http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...78#post1141578

I'll be at the HPI WORLDs in Las Vegas Oct. 1st.....

Show everyone on RC TECH you got some "cojones"......Come out and race.....lets see how well you prepare,tune,build,maintain,and DRIVE......

And a special "SHOUT OUT" to my new freinds from OHIO..

They read this column all the time..but really don't post...

Guess they spend too much time RACING......

And now.....

Back to the 3 Stooges......MOE(tibore),LARRY(lution).and SHEMP(phanie).....(Sorry,you don't even rate being Curly)...

Sorry DumbHarry, but I was busy with a real race last weekend instead of beating on HPI kids.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 08:56 AM   #7562
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
Sorry DumbHarry, but I was busy with a real race last weekend instead of beating on HPI kids.
Hehehe... smell a catfight?

Nothing like a catfight to stir up a thread.

Someday of those we need to see us a eat Manti preferred dish: Roasted Snake. (uhm.... could be interesting)
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 09:00 AM   #7563
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Hehehe... smell a catfight?

Nothing like a catfight to stir up a thread.

Someday of those we need to see us a eat Manti preferred dish: Roasted Snake. (uhm.... could be interesting)
nah, i lost appetite on roasted snake already !! too much !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 09:17 AM   #7564
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
nah, i lost appetite on roasted snake already !! too much !
Just think it's like unagi.
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 11:25 AM   #7565
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
hey,My buddys mantiBORE ,EvoLOSER ...and Stefanie........

Still got the same big mouths I see...Thats nice.....

Too bad you missed the oppurtunity to come race this weekend at the HPI Challenge(and put your money where your mouth's are)...Now I know Mantis digging for oil on the other side of the planet,and EVO isn't even man enough to post where he lives(whats the matter,afraid of a visit from someone who CAN beat you on a racetrack?)...But Steffie?......

Now YOU should have come up and raced....

Alot of guys from all over the east coast read this forum,and this thread.....And I met just about all of them..They all saw me run,we all had a good time,and they all told me what a kick they get from reading my post's.....And,instead of BENCH racing,which is all you guys are good for,they actually put their cars on the track and ran them...

And they all agreed on one thing...I'm fast...(and so were they)...

oh yeah,

And you're a bunch of Ass Clowns....

http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...78#post1141578

I'll be at the HPI WORLDs in Las Vegas Oct. 1st.....

Show everyone on RC TECH you got some "cojones"......Come out and race.....lets see how well you prepare,tune,build,maintain,and DRIVE......

And a special "SHOUT OUT" to my new freinds from OHIO..

They read this column all the time..but really don't post...

Guess they spend too much time RACING......

And now.....

Back to the 3 Stooges......MOE(tibore),LARRY(lution).and SHEMP(phanie).....(Sorry,you don't even rate being Curly)...
i really wonder about you sometime fastharry. it is clearly that you are superior to most of us in this forum in many ways; not afraid to show people which city you live in, met real people whom agree you are fast and enjoyed reading your posts, had guts went on real races, own and run 86 cars (if only i could have more than one car )....... etc. etc. and what I donít understand is why you still hang around here? with your caliber you should not de-grade yourself by trading insults with us incompetent bench racers on the forum, you should spend even more time on the track and show even more real people how capable you are. let the world know !!! show some class !!!
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 03:24 PM   #7566
TAW
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TAW
Default Solid front Axle

Hey guys does anyone make a solid front axle for the MTX-3 and if so where can I get one?
TAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 05:02 PM   #7567
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Troy,

Kawahara makes a aluminum piece that can be used either front or rear. It's installed inside the diff housing instead of the gears.

AIP also make one but I'm not sure if it'l work in the front.
Available at www.justrc.com

stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 07:01 PM   #7568
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

the front and rear diff housing share the same bevel gear set and their inner dimension should be the same, the solid axle adaptor shall work on both front and rear.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 08:02 PM   #7569
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Data
i really wonder about you sometime fastharry. it is clearly that you are superior to most of us in this forum in many ways; not afraid to show people which city you live in, met real people whom agree you are fast and enjoyed reading your posts, had guts went on real races, own and run 86 cars (if only i could have more than one car )....... etc. etc. and what I donít understand is why you still hang around here? with your caliber you should not de-grade yourself by trading insults with us incompetent bench racers on the forum, you should spend even more time on the track and show even more real people how capable you are. let the world know !!! show some class !!!

what you said.....does make sense.!
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 08:15 PM   #7570
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
alright, something we might want to share according to your experience on MTX3 rear diff setting.

what would you prefer most?

1/. stock diff. what # diff oil? what kind of track conditions?
2/. solid axle, what body shell on it? and track conditions?
3/. negative diff? the advantage? give and take? any modification to the negative diff clutch shoes? and what diff oil?
i tried the rear diff oil #3000, it work nicely on a fast flowing track with medium grip. On a tight track, this setting doesnt work to my driving as i found terrible turn-in (off power) oversteer!

Tried a #100K diff oil on a medium track with medium grip, experienced understeer and hit the board too much..

Changed to #30000 oil on medium track with medium grip, some degree of understeer expected within the infield switchbacks.

Then, tried running a #7000 oil front diff with #3000 rear diff oil on same medium track, the car is fun and easy to drive.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:37 PM   #7571
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default t0407 4mm chassis

Do you think this chassis would benefit on a small lhs track,or should i buy it just cause it looks COOL"" Thanks
rcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 08:48 PM   #7572
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

When I installed a 4mm chassis on my Impulse back in the day, I found the car to be sluggish and didn't transition as fast as it used to. This was on a really tight track too.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 10:12 PM   #7573
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: t0407 4mm chassis

Quote:
Originally posted by rcmike
Do you think this chassis would benefit on a small lhs track,or should i buy it just cause it looks COOL"" Thanks
yeah..the stock chassis works just as great.
there should be no difference between the two, unless the option chassis weight more than the stock. But in this case, the T0407 weight just the same as the stock.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:15 PM   #7574
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing4Evo
When I installed a 4mm chassis on my Impulse back in the day, I found the car to be sluggish and didn't transition as fast as it used to. This was on a really tight track too.
those were the days..
Sluggish b'cos its heavier!
FYI, Snake always weight more even now.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:38 PM   #7575
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Stock diff (3 complete units - I'm too lazy for changing fluids on the track, simply swap units), 10000, 30000 and 50000 oils.
I'm thinking about doing the same,i hate taking apart the diff and it's much easier just to have spare ones.I'm running stock at the moment,on a very loose non permanent track with really poor traction.I will try some different oils and post my findings after i get over this damn virus i've had for the last 5 days!!!
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote