R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2003, 11:06 AM   #7231
Tech Regular
 
puma1824's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 337
Send a message via AIM to puma1824
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by pro3user
i am going to run it out on my street but i am going to bring it this week and get it going on the track
Well I'll most likely see you this weekend...I'll look out for the only other MTX3

-Puma
puma1824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 11:09 AM   #7232
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Maryland
Posts: 43
Default

have u ever raced any where else with your mtx3
pro3user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 11:43 AM   #7233
Tech Regular
 
puma1824's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 337
Send a message via AIM to puma1824
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by pro3user
have u ever raced any where else with your mtx3
not with the MTX-3 but I hope to race it at Hobby Works' big race on Sept 7th UNLESS I end up liking the R40 better. My NTC3 has sat in a corner ever since I got the MTX-3.

-Puma
puma1824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 11:45 AM   #7234
Tech Regular
 
puma1824's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 337
Send a message via AIM to puma1824
Default

Anyone have any problems with the front arms binding? I can't figure out why they don't drop smoothly when the shocks are unmounted. The should drop freely, correct? It doesn't seem like there is any front to back binding.

-Puma
puma1824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 11:46 AM   #7235
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Maryland
Posts: 43
Default

ya i am going to the chratiy race to
pro3user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 02:01 PM   #7236
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 76
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: carlsen or zac head?

I tried both, almost the same. As someone mentioned ealier, on is wirder, another one is taller.


Quote:
Originally posted by RClover
Zac head has bigger gaps between the layers while the Carlsen is smaller. So i still believe Zac is better although its not as taller.
rdlken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 02:17 PM   #7237
Tech Apprentice
 
alvinm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: pembroke pines fl.
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by puma1824
Anyone have any problems with the front arms binding? I can't figure out why they don't drop smoothly when the shocks are unmounted. The should drop freely, correct? It doesn't seem like there is any front to back binding.

-Puma
I noticed that the other day while checking the droop.I first checked the pivot balls to see if they were in too tight.I then checked the hinge pins and found that they fit tightly in the bulk heads.I slightly reamed the bulk heads and it works fine now.
alvinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 04:25 PM   #7238
Tech Regular
 
Varuth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 309
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiethefish
JusRC has it, the 7.2 one.
Wow..what a pipe!... Are we now running on the 60 freeway? 7.2 pipe!!
Varuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 07:24 PM   #7239
Tech Regular
 
speedydave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 377
Send a message via AIM to speedydave Send a message via Yahoo to speedydave
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ROBBIE C
Diameter of the stinger hole dictates whats legal or not, here's the part number for a pipe that is legal and fast (NOV52624)
Thanks! Now...has anyone run an Orion/Picco Wasp .12? Aaaaaaanyone at all?
speedydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 08:14 PM   #7240
B
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,159
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I have a question for those who have the kawahara rear swaybar

How does this swaybar improve the car's handling? (if at all)

For example, if i use the stock swaybar for 5 laps around the track and then switched to the kawahara one (in the softest position) for another 5 laps, assuming that the hardness is exactly the same (I know that it may not be), how will the kawahara one "feel" different?

So what i mean is pretty much this-

**does it do anything other than being adjustable and looking good?



thanks for any comments

Last edited by B; 08-14-2003 at 08:20 PM.
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 08:22 PM   #7241
Tech Fanatic
 
RClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 869
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by B

**does it do anything other than being adjustable?

its tunable, right Vinyard!

ok, joke aside, well...other than its 'adjustable', it doesnt warp like those stock wire, causing inconsistency of rear end handling..
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 08:33 PM   #7242
Tech Elite
 
Vinyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,493
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover
its tunable, right Vinyard!

ok, joke aside, well...other than its 'adjustable', it doesnt warp like those stock wire, causing inconsistency of rear end handling..
Oh yes.. it definately got to be tunable.. tunabilitly is very important...
Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 12:54 AM   #7243
Tech Adept
 
V-1-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: RC World
Posts: 244
Default

is there a way to prevent the damper diaphragms being popped in? i notice this each time i open the shock cap? and when its popped in, the shaft doesnt extend fully when compressed.
is there something wrong with the diaphragms? or anything?
thanks
V-1-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 01:12 AM   #7244
Tech Addict
 
Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 703
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by V-1-R
is there a way to prevent the damper diaphragms being popped in? i notice this each time i open the shock cap? and when its popped in, the shaft doesnt extend fully when compressed.
is there something wrong with the diaphragms? or anything?
thanks

you can put an o-ring in to prevent that

i cut some foam tire inserts, 4 of the same size, and one for each shocks, and it works pretty good too
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 01:27 AM   #7245
Tech Addict
 
Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 703
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by B
I have a question for those who have the kawahara rear swaybar

How does this swaybar improve the car's handling? (if at all)

For example, if i use the stock swaybar for 5 laps around the track and then switched to the kawahara one (in the softest position) for another 5 laps, assuming that the hardness is exactly the same (I know that it may not be), how will the kawahara one "feel" different?

So what i mean is pretty much this-

**does it do anything other than being adjustable and looking good?



thanks for any comments
just by adding the sway bar itself will not imporve the handling, you need to adjust it!!
and besides good looking and adjustable, what do you expect more? it's just a sway bar, all it has to do is what a sway bar suppose to do, maybe doing it better than the stock one
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:44 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net