R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2003, 01:50 AM   #6946
Tech Master
 
chippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NSW OZ
Posts: 1,492
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Mugen fast tire shore advice

Quote:
Originally posted by US_MATRIX
Hi,

I am planning to get some Mugen fast tire and i live in Bay Area, CA. I was just wondering that what shore (37,40,42,45) you are using for High and Low traction? Is it always use harder shore in front than rear?


Thanks.
I run on a car park set up track and run the Mugen fast tire 42 front and rear Blue springs front grey rear.
chippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 03:03 PM   #6947
Tech Master
 
eddiethefish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Montebello, California
Posts: 1,658
Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish
Default

I run my car with the spacer all the time regardless of the choice of tire brands, which range from Kawahara to Ellegi, FastTire. As long as it doesn't rub against the knuckle, that's the only thing I care about.
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 11:56 PM   #6948
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 358
Send a message via ICQ to nizee
Default Shock Oil

Anyone know the Mugen Shock Oil #600 is equivalent to Trinity what shock oil Number? Or does it the same as Serpent Shock Oil #30?

Btw, do you guys use 2 piston holes or 1 piston hole for the front shock or what shock #, assuming you are running on less traction packing lot race?
nizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 11:59 PM   #6949
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: Shock Oil

Quote:
Originally posted by nizee
Anyone know the Mugen Shock Oil #600 is equivalent to Trinity what shock oil Number? Or does it the same as Serpent Shock Oil #30?

Btw, do you guys use 2 piston holes or 1 piston hole for the front shock or what shock #, assuming you are running on less traction packing lot race?
I believe Mugen #600 equivalent to Trinity 55 weight!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 05:28 AM   #6950
Tech Regular
 
JustRace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 339
Default Re: Shock Oil

Quote:
Originally posted by nizee
Anyone know the Mugen Shock Oil #600 is equivalent to Trinity what shock oil Number? Or does it the same as Serpent Shock Oil #30?

Btw, do you guys use 2 piston holes or 1 piston hole for the front shock or what shock #, assuming you are running on less traction packing lot race?

http://www.twf8.ws/new/tech/tip/shock.html

Based on this the mugen oil is just under 50wt.
JustRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 04:36 PM   #6951
TAW
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 518
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TAW
Default possible dumb gearing question

Ok, this may be a stupid question but If I am going to change the gearing do I need to nake sure there is a 4 tooth difference between the pinions and spurs on both 1st and second gear like the stock ones are to maintain proper mesh? for example if I put the 15th 1st gear pinion on do I also need to change the second gear pinion to the 19th or can I leave the 20th and so on.

Thanks
Troy
TAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 05:41 PM   #6952
Tech Regular
 
Varuth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 309
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by justrc
Light weight 2 speed shaft in stock!!!

Thanks

JustRC
What are you actually selling? I see a clock on your website, too
Varuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 07:54 PM   #6953
Tech Fanatic
 
RClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 869
Default Re: possible dumb gearing question

Quote:
Originally posted by TAW
Ok, this may be a stupid question but If I am going to change the gearing do I need to nake sure there is a 4 tooth difference between the pinions and spurs on both 1st and second gear like the stock ones are to maintain proper mesh? for example if I put the 15th 1st gear pinion on do I also need to change the second gear pinion to the 19th or can I leave the 20th and so on.

Thanks
Troy
troy, from 15T jump to 20T could still be possible if your engine is torquey enough to pull away when 2nd gear kick in! You need to re-adjust your 2-speed clutch to suit your powerband to avoid a sluggish 2nd gear which will cost you lots of time.

Best to go with is the 0.8M gear modules from Mugen (if you run a MTX-3), this set of new gearing allows you to run a wider tooth spread without having to worry about..
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 07:56 PM   #6954
TAW
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 518
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TAW
Default Re: Re: possible dumb gearing question

Thanks, my new NS12 S3 seems to have plenty of torq so thats good news. 15th to get it out of the hole and 20th for good top end. Cool


Quote:
Originally posted by RClover
troy, from 15T jump to 20T could still be possible if your engine is torquey enough to pull away when 2nd gear kick in! You need to re-adjust your 2-speed clutch to suit your powerband to avoid a sluggish 2nd gear which will cost you lots of time.

Best to go with is the 0.8M gear modules from Mugen (if you run a MTX-3), this set of new gearing allows you to run a wider tooth spread without having to worry about..
TAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 08:22 PM   #6955
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Re: Re: possible dumb gearing question

Quote:
Originally posted by TAW
Thanks, my new NS12 S3 seems to have plenty of torq so thats good news. 15th to get it out of the hole and 20th for good top end. Cool
it is possible. besides engine power, use of clutch component does help. such as weight of flyweight, stiffness of clutch spring, end play and softness of clutch pad.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 08:28 PM   #6956
Tech Master
 
eddiethefish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Montebello, California
Posts: 1,658
Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish
Default

Someone out there still owes me a full report on the followings:

0.8 gear system
Ceramic bearing

I wouldn't have bothered you if I am not concentrating on learning the WD40 Tunning effects.
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 08:34 PM   #6957
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiethefish
Someone out there still owes me a full report on the followings:

0.8 gear system
Ceramic bearing

I wouldn't have bothered you if I am not concentrating on learning the WD40 Tunning effects.
how about a trade off for the following reports :-

WD40
KY

while you are learning them !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 08:37 PM   #6958
Tech Master
 
eddiethefish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Montebello, California
Posts: 1,658
Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
how about a trade off for the following reports :-

WD40
KY

while you are learning them !
Roughness is what the lady prefers most...
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 08:58 PM   #6959
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiethefish
Roughness is what the lady prefers most...
i know, but i need a full report about it !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 10:17 PM   #6960
Tech Regular
 
puma1824's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 337
Send a message via AIM to puma1824
Default

Just wanted to post my MTX-3's new racing skin I know it's not a very creative paintjob...but I like to keep things simple

Anyone know how Protoform BMW bodies run???

-Puma


Last edited by puma1824; 08-07-2003 at 10:45 PM.
puma1824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:11 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net