Mugen MTX-3

You're on Page 453 of 1150
Go to
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by eddiethefish
    I think I know what you meant now. Your 2-speed shoe did not retract back, thereby, they lock the whole housing.

Yes, I have seen that on other MTX-3 cars.

Check the bearing balls, make sure they're adjusted properly.
    2nd gear housing needs a little attention from time to time, every day I use the car, mine routine goes thru disassemble of the 2nd speed housing and some short shots of motor cleaner on the shoes and the bell to remove all the grime and dirt that can go there, haven't got never a 2nd gear failure (toc, toc, toc... touching wood).

BTW: What I seen is that the lightweight housings from 3 racing (is the unique I have) wears faster and get scratched more than the stock one, but a quick pass with 200 grit wet sandpaper puts on shape with no problems. Lube the bearing with a dab of good oil and the one way with a suitable oil (serpent one way oil works best for me).
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by EVOLUTION
    On the subject of pads,what does everyone use to bond the teflon pads,i got a pair and i'm going to put them in later this week?
    Slow curing CA worked for me, when bonded, put them on a vise trying to not score nor bend the pads. If a little of the brake pad holes gets offset, remove the excess with a body reamer.

Put a dab of CA on the brake pins to get sure that they don't get loose and fall in the worst moment.
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by B
    CA glue should do the job
    I was going to try ordinary CA or similar stuff but i thought that teflon is a very hard material to bond anything to,unless the pads aren't really made from teflon!
  • stick with the factory advice and use rubber cement !!

corse-r is right, make sure the pad and backing plate holes are inline otherwise it will blind with the brake pin and everytime you brake, it jigs the pin until it is pulled out.
  • Lola on MTX-3
    can someone tell me if i can use the lola front body post from RR to fit on the MTX-3? i am looking other ways asi dont want to bend the stock bumper, thanks
  • Re: Lola on MTX-3
    Quote:
    Originally posted by V-1-R
    can someone tell me if i can use the lola front body post from RR to fit on the MTX-3? i am looking other ways asi dont want to bend the stock bumper, thanks
    kawahara has one
  • Re: Re: Lola on MTX-3
    Quote:
    Originally posted by Manticore
    kawahara has one
    ohh yes, where can i buy it? any pic i can see?
  • LSD for MTX-3
    Is there any manufacturer produce LSD for MTX-3 ?
  • Re: LSD for MTX-3
    Quote:
    Originally posted by esham
    i wish but none !!
  • Re: LSD for MTX-3
    Quote:
    Originally posted by esham
    There is the Kawahara Neg Diff.. works well!
  • Thanks guys... Seem like have to go for neg. diff. ... Pity to my wallet shrinking!
  • Guys, I have a buddy whos mtx3 torque steers(pulls) to the right side during hard acceleration.What could be causing this?He has made no changes to the car other then going to a slightly lower first gear ratio.
  • thanks for all the help
    i just want to know if anybody know
    a good gearing for a big track that is 180x80
    what pinion and spur for the mtx2 everbody i race with run mtx3 and tc3 nitro i run a mt12 motor
    it is fast but not fast as the mtx3
    what should i do????
    thanks for the help
    dave
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by alvinm
    Guys, I have a buddy whos mtx3 torque steers(pulls) to the right side during hard acceleration.What could be causing this?He has made no changes to the car other then going to a slightly lower first gear ratio.
    Some common things come into my mind about this:
    - Uneven tyre sizes.
    - Different rear toe-in.
    - Different front toe-out.
    - Uneven center or slop in the servo assy.
    - Different shock lenghts or uneven (L/R) shock (check spring and oil weight).
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by Manticore
    It will be a pain in the @ss if you dont have the C-ring tool to put on the c-ring.

you need two fine point ball pen to pull the ring ears apart and put it on the slot. I do think it is not worth to buy that tool just for this purpose.

Henry did it with this method.
    don't be a cheap azz....buy the proper tool.