R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-14-2003, 08:49 PM   #6436
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to hicheef
Default On Radios

No doubt if you have the bucks get a high end radio but the price you mentioned staying at or below $150.00 go with the MX-3. I run and MTX-3 an MRX-3 and an XXX-s G+ with one and love it (easy to use!!!). Bells and whistles are nice but a lot of features those high end radios have wont even get used. The two Futabas mentioned earlier were both $300.00 +
Just my $.02
KEVIN
hicheef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 09:25 PM   #6437
Tech Adept

Default question on step 14

I am trying to understand what is the purpose of part H0108B in step 14 is for. The round peice with a little handle that goes behind the right sway bar mount (if you facing the front of the car). It seems that if I tighten the screw that connect the front sway bar mount to the arm, the arm will not move freely. If I don't then you get a little verticle play and thus you can't precisely set the droop on the right hand side. Also does it matter what direction the handle on the piece should be pointing? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Supra66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 09:31 PM   #6438
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: question on step 14

Quote:
Originally posted by Supra66
I am trying to understand what is the purpose of part H0108B in step 14 is for. The round peice with a little handle that goes behind the right sway bar mount (if you facing the front of the car). It seems that if I tighten the screw that connect the front sway bar mount to the arm, the arm will not move freely. If I don't then you get a little verticle play and thus you can't precisely set the droop on the right hand side. Also does it matter what direction the handle on the piece should be pointing? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.
the knob H0108B serves the same purpose at the tie rod on your rear sway bar. you need it to adjust the left to right balance of the sway bar by turning the knob. the a-arms should be free even if you tighten the screws for the sway bar mount.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 09:35 PM   #6439
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: question on step 14

Quote:
Thanks.
By what u hve descride it shuld be the frnt stablizers...I thought the adjustment handle shuld be mounted on the left sway bar mount of the frnt car...check u instruction manual....
vones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 09:38 PM   #6440
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: question on step 14

Quote:
Originally posted by vones
By what u hve descride it shuld be the frnt stablizers...I thought the adjustment handle shuld be mounted on the left sway bar mount of the frnt car...check u instruction manual....
hehehe....my mistake......
vones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 01:01 AM   #6441
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to NitroLV

Yes the 2 Futaba radios I metioned earlier are a little on the expensive side..... but you can pick them up on ebay for around $200-240...... But I would rather be safe with the expense of a good radio then the expense of fixing your car after someone decides to turn on their radio on your frequency and your goes full force into a wall.

The M8 and KO Propo are also good radios, but if you must go with a another radio brand i would make sure you get an FM type radio.

my .02

NitroLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 03:31 AM   #6442
Tech Elite

How to reduce my car from swaying too much on power exit a corner ?
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 07:00 AM   #6443
Tech Adept

Default Question on Step 14

Thanks for the answer Marticore.
So to set the droop on the front. First I will mount the front sway bar mounts without the 2 blades. Set it to the desired height then put back the blades. Is this right?
I also notice that as you turn the handle on the round piece, the right arm moves up and down. When tightening the screw, do you tighten it untill the handle can't move or just enough so that you can still turn the handle?

Sorry for the newbie questions. Trying to understand how some parts work on the car so I can learn how to make adjustments.

Thanks.
Supra66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 07:06 AM   #6444
Tech Champion

Default Re: Question on Step 14

Quote:
Thanks for the answer Marticore.
So to set the droop on the front. First I will mount the front sway bar mounts without the 2 blades. Set it to the desired height then put back the blades. Is this right?
I also notice that as you turn the handle on the round piece, the right arm moves up and down. When tightening the screw, do you tighten it untill the handle can't move or just enough so that you can still turn the handle?

Sorry for the newbie questions. Trying to understand how some parts work on the car so I can learn how to make adjustments.

Thanks.
well, you need to take out the shock first before you set the sway bar.

then you adjust droop screw so that left and right arms are at the same level.

next, put on the sway bar and adjust the knob so that the arms are in level position even with the sway bar set on it.

now, you can adjust droop and put on shocks.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:13 AM   #6445
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bxclip

if i buy the kit alone does it come with a flywheel and clutch?does the kit with engine come with flywheela dn clutch? also other then kit radio engine what do i absolutely need to run this car also other then fuel glow starter starter box. do i need those special battery packs for it? how much are they
Bxclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 09:06 AM   #6446
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Bxclip
if i buy the kit alone does it come with a flywheel and clutch?does the kit with engine come with flywheela dn clutch? also other then kit radio engine what do i absolutely need to run this car also other then fuel glow starter starter box. do i need those special battery packs for it? how much are they
i guess you can put a pull start onto the MTX3 but you will need higher engine mount, so starter box may not be necessary. and so far i haven't seen anyone can fire up their engine on demand without a glow starter

yes both versions of the car comes with a clutch

receiver packs are cheap, you can even make your own with 5 AAA cells
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 10:44 AM   #6447
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Fire
i guess you can put a pull start onto the MTX3 but you will need higher engine mount, so starter box may not be necessary. and so far i haven't seen anyone can fire up their engine on demand without a glow starter

yes both versions of the car comes with a clutch

receiver packs are cheap, you can even make your own with 5 AAA cells
\

how cheap whats the price with a charge and how many do i need?
Old 07-15-2003, 10:50 AM   #6448
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default MTX-3 video clips

I took the liberty of taking the three video clips of the MTX-3 that Manticore graciously posted yesterday and mixed them together to make two small movies of around one minute each. One is a big file and the other is a small file.

MTX-3 movie, Low definition - small screen - poor sound - wmv file - 905 Ko

MTX-3 movie, higher definition - bigger screen - better sound - mpg file - 13.5 Mo

Last edited by mistercrash; 07-15-2003 at 11:27 AM.
mistercrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 11:06 AM   #6449
Tech Champion

Default Re: MTX-3 video clips

Quote:
Originally posted by mistercrash
I took the liberty of taking the three video clips of the MTX-3 that Manticore graciously posted yesterday and mixed them together to make two small movies of around one minute each. One is a big file and the other is a small file.

MTX-3 movie, Low definition - small screen - poor sound - wmv file - 905 Ko

MTX-3 movie, higher definition - bigger screen - better sound - mpg file - 13.5 Mo
very nice of you! thank you !!
Old 07-15-2003, 11:14 AM   #6450
Tech Regular

does the kit come with a pipe and manifold?
how uch does the engine that comes with some of the ktis cost and how uch does the pipeand manifold go for