R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-10-2003, 01:53 PM   #6316
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish
Default Re: NS12 S5

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
just stripped it down. too lazy to post it up ! here is one !
nuff nuff, wrap it all up and send it back to me. You've kept mine too long already.
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 03:01 PM   #6317
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman

Quote:
Originally posted by puma1824
Cartman:

Are you using different shock towers for your rubber setup? If so where can they be purchased? Could you measure how much of the rear hub I need to cut down?

Have you noticed a difference with handling between rubber and foam? I have grown to like foam alot BUT it's been very hard to get the correct offset and shore foams around me and over the net without having to pay a ridiculous amount of $$$.

I noticed in one of your post you had mentioned your running +1 camber on the rear?

Diagram looking from rear: \\ --- // (exaggerated angles)

What is that receiver enclosure you're using now? Looks a little like a film canister.
not sure of measure ment but to the angle, will post at weekend or pm you
yep they are K factory, aslo check out www.microtechracing.com for thier own

typo should be -1

yep it is a film canister light and water proof
Old 07-10-2003, 06:01 PM   #6318
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Hey Robbie, Did you get my PM?
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 06:11 PM   #6319
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Kawahara Neg Diff

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
I damaged my first set by installing them last, after the diff was built. I found it's supposed to be captured between the drive cup and the diff case, installed before you seal everything up. I just forced them on, and they blew up like yours.
After that? any more problems with it?
Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 06:14 PM   #6320
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Kawahara Negative Diff

Quote:
Originally posted by Marktur
How did it drive? Was it like having drag-brakes when coming off of a high-speed run?

I just switched to the MTX-3 from the NTC3, which I really loved but broke too easily....but I really liked the lack of rolling resistance when coming off the throttle...for my style of driving (no drag brakes, minimum rolling resistance), do you guys think the negative diff will improve MY lap times?

It's a big investment for a "test"....

Thanks,
Mark
it drives sweet!! the drag-brakes effect would probably be coz of the belts which is normal.. fact is the car felt the same as it would while braking with the normal diff or neg diff..

it the pull on the straights that's different.. good stuff!
Old 07-10-2003, 06:30 PM   #6321
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish
Default Re: Re: Re: Kawahara Negative Diff

Quote:
Originally posted by Vinyard
.. good stuff!
gone faster on the straight-away, eh?
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 06:35 PM   #6322
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Kawahara Negative Diff

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiethefish
gone faster on the straight-away, eh?
pulled faster..!!

i like it but i got to solve the bearing issue first and
learn how to go faster in turns...
Old 07-10-2003, 11:33 PM   #6323
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by speedy100
hi corse-R, is it mandatory to use the kawahara pully for using 16/19T ? thanks..
You can buy a Mugen bag of pulleys (come 4: one of 16T, two of 19T and one of 24T - sorry, don't remember the spare part no). And use what you need.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 11:45 PM   #6324
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover
my front belt is showing the wear of the FWD already... but this isnt a new one though.. but i can tell the effect upon changing the 16/19T conversion..

i found the car has even more steering with quicker directional change.
Uhm.... are you using split tyres or all 4 of the same size? belt should upkeep very fine If using 4 tyres of the same size you're stressing so much the belt and binding the transmission.

Regarding 0.8 gearing... Yesterday received mine gears and went to try at the track and a big smile was on mine face.... Sweeet! 2nd gear isn't no more sluggish (and now, I'm using a 5 tooth split - finding a suitable gearing for this weekend). Now is 21/60 and 26/53.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Old 07-11-2003, 03:46 AM   #6325
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Uhm.... are you using split tyres or all 4 of the same size? belt should upkeep very fine If using 4 tyres of the same size you're stressing so much the belt and binding the transmission.

Regarding 0.8 gearing... Yesterday received mine gears and went to try at the track and a big smile was on mine face.... Sweeet! 2nd gear isn't no more sluggish (and now, I'm using a 5 tooth split - finding a suitable gearing for this weekend). Now is 21/60 and 26/53.
i was running about 1mm smaller in front..

the 0.8 modules work so well for everybody...mine is a 6 tooth split 20/59 and 26/53 as i needed more acceleration for 1st gear in the tight infield
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 06:02 AM   #6326
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default pulleys for dumbies

i,m so confused, i get spare pulleys ,do i have to bye a special
belt or do i use what i have . also someone explained which ones to change ,but it wasn't really clear ,could someone explain which
pulleys to change overs.thks 4 your support.
isuzuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 06:20 AM   #6327
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: pulleys for dumbies

Quote:
Originally posted by isuzuguy
i,m so confused, i get spare pulleys ,do i have to bye a special
belt or do i use what i have . also someone explained which ones to change ,but it wasn't really clear ,could someone explain which
pulleys to change overs.thks 4 your support.
you need 363mm side belt for the conversion to work, this belt is available exclusively from our Corse-R!

In short, you need to buy 1 additional 16T pulley to replace the side-rear 19T pulley and move this 19T pulley to the side-front, keeping your 24T pulley in the tool box, that's it! Just rope the 363mm belt to it and ta-ta...your on the go!
Old 07-11-2003, 06:29 AM   #6328
Tech Apprentice

I too jumped into this thread kinda late Which pinion spur setup will give me more low end punch without losing topend?Do i need to go to the 16t-19t setup to acheive better acceleration?
alvinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 06:48 AM   #6329
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by alvinm
I too jumped into this thread kinda late Which pinion spur setup will give me more low end punch without losing topend?Do i need to go to the 16t-19t setup to acheive better acceleration?
Nope, this pulley change will give you better rear tyre wear (rear tyres will wear evenly with the fronts). But need to use different sized tyres (3mm of diamter difference between fronts and rears).
Old 07-11-2003, 08:03 AM   #6330
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by alvinm
Which pinion spur setup will give me more low end punch without losing topend?
for gearing, refer to the chart here
http://www.mugenseiki.com/mtx3-gearratio08m.pdf