Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-09-2003, 07:32 AM   #6286
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default Re: Rubber

Quote:
Originally posted by Marktur
Hi,
We're starting to run on a parking lot track...ran a couple of tanks with foam, and they were used up WAY TOO FAST! (I'm sure the Michael Salvin .12 had something to do with that, too!)

Anyway, there's 3 of us here with MTX-3's and we're looking for a good "starting" setup for rubber. The lot is smooth and flat, but not sealed. We blow it off and will spray sugar water on it.

Also, please recommend tires that work!

Thanks,
Mark
i will post my set up soon but if you can not wait its a few pages back some where
Old 07-09-2003, 07:38 AM   #6287
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Weight

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
1700 as it comes off the track no fuel, with body. Don't forget to consider tire wear. Last year they pre teched before and post teched after the qualifiers and mains. All cars every run.
Actually the new minimum weight is 1725g. That is to account for the weight of the personal transponder. You have to weigh 1725 regardless wether or not you are using a PT.
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 07:47 AM   #6288
TAW
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TAW

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover
its all not too tough to figure out the parts needed for a front diff actually...
-diff gears set with o-rings
-diff washer
-drive cups
-2 pins for drive cups
-o-rings for diff case
-diff gasket
-diff screws
-and of course front diff case with pulley.
Nobody said it was tough to figure out which parts are needed, its hard to find them and little things like the washers don't have part numbers in the manual.
TAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 08:33 AM   #6289
Tech Apprentice

Stefan you made reference to "split" I heard that term before but did not know what it meant.Does it mean the difference in tire diameters?(please expand)Also what tire diameter do you run and have you ever run with equal diameter front and back?By the way my fronts will outlast several sets of rears,how did you cure that.
alvinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 08:56 AM   #6290
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Alvin,

yes split refers to diameter difference front to rear.

With the stock belt setup, you usually run minimal split, because of the front /rear drive ratio.

With the 16/19 pulley setup, you can run 3-4mm smaller front tires and have the same drive ratio.

I started with 62 rear and 58 fronts,
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 09:31 AM   #6291
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C
Default Re: Diff Washers

Quote:
Originally posted by TAW
Does anyone know where I can get the washers for the diff asembly, I have all the pieces tyo build the front diff but cannot locate suitable washers. There don't seem to be any part number in the manual.

Thanks
Troy
C0227 is the part number Nitro House 949 830 0304
ROBBIE C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 09:41 AM   #6292
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C

Quote:
Originally posted by B

good idea to have a gear diff in handy if you are racing on a tighter, less traction course (e.g, a parking lot)

i am planning to get one in the future, but hunting each part down is bound to be more expensive and time consuming

but, isnt that what this hobby is about?

cheers!

so does anyone have an anwser to my servo saver question??

C0227, T0202, T0243, T0244, C0228, T0207, T0215, All of these parts are avalible at www.nitrohouse.com or speedtechrc.com or Elite hobbies or VIP hobbie or www.ultimatehobbies.com or speedline or www.acehardwarehobbies.com or revalationraceway & hobby or bruckners hobbies ect...............................
ROBBIE C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 11:22 AM   #6293
Tech Apprentice

58 fronts You're almost riding on the rim You probably have some serious traction too.How do you get the proper ride hight up front,cranking down on the springs?

By the way which pulleys are you talking about?

Last edited by alvinm; 07-09-2003 at 11:31 AM.
alvinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 05:46 PM   #6294
Tech Elite

Default Re: Corse-R,

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
last weekend I ran my car with your belts and the 16/19 setup and I loved it.

I don't know why, but the balance between rear and front tire wear is much better now.

Thank you very much again.
You will get an order for afew more belts soon, if that's still ok.
Will tell you why the tyre wear now is even, rather than in original condition. You have more meat to wear on the rear than in the front (hey, it's easy...).

Not a problem, ask as many you want, but you know, by PM.

Thanks for the report....
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 05:52 PM   #6295
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by alvinm
58 fronts You're almost riding on the rim You probably have some serious traction too.How do you get the proper ride hight up front,cranking down on the springs?

By the way which pulleys are you talking about?
Alvinm:

If you go some pages before, you will find between the late night and the boring mornings chit-chat, some posts regarding 16/19 conversion.

This is a swap of the center pulleys to get a better rear tyre wear (all cars have the nasty habit of wear more the rear tyres than the fronts). Is only advised on Foams, on rubber, since the problem of different diameters isn't present, you don't need it (read that you run on rubbers on a previous post).

For more info (in the case you're too lazy to search those posts ) is swapping the rear center (19T pulley) for a 16T and changing the front center pulley from 24T to 19T, hence the name 16/19T conversion.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Old 07-09-2003, 08:47 PM   #6296
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by TAW
Nobody said it was tough to figure out which parts are needed, its hard to find them and little things like the washers don't have part numbers in the manual.
opps...my bad...
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 09:12 PM   #6297
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to puma1824

Cartman:

Are you using different shock towers for your rubber setup? If so where can they be purchased? Could you measure how much of the rear hub I need to cut down?

Have you noticed a difference with handling between rubber and foam? I have grown to like foam alot BUT it's been very hard to get the correct offset and shore foams around me and over the net without having to pay a ridiculous amount of $$$.

I noticed in one of your post you had mentioned your running +1 camber on the rear?

Diagram looking from rear: \\ --- // (exaggerated angles)

What is that receiver enclosure you're using now? Looks a little like a film canister.
puma1824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 03:19 AM   #6298
Tech Elite

Default New avatar for the fish....

Hey fish!

Wake up from siesta, found a killer avatar for you rather than the lonely guppy...

Check this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eddiethefish.jpg (4.7 KB, 119 views)
Old 07-10-2003, 03:54 AM   #6299
Tech Elite

Mugen MTX3 - Guys, how much droop you all set for front and rear? As this MTX3 in too low i believe we can't do much on the droop. ... Ooo ya how the height ?!
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 04:00 AM   #6300
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by esham
Mugen MTX3 - Guys, how much droop you all set for front and rear? As this MTX3 in too low i believe we can't do much on the droop. ... Ooo ya how the height ?!
Don't know how much droop will use others, but found that going 1 or 2 droop at the front (this car loves going short on front shock travel) and 6 or 7 on the rear gives me best results. Both measured with the Losi droop gauge that have on the pitbox.

For ground clearance, this is straight: 4,5mm at the front and 5mm at the rear. I run on a real smooth track. Sometimes lower, but is caused by tire wear too low and you will be scratching your chasis to the ground, pay attention to the ground clearance.

Tip: Ever you touch the shock collars to adjust ride height, check too the camber angle on the wheels or you will get weird tyre wear.