R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-03-2003, 09:10 AM   #6136
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bxclip

if i buy the serpent 705 kit alone is it built already just needing e to install enigne pipe radio exc..?
Bxclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 09:10 AM   #6137
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to speedy100

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover
another view..
tried the freezer trick, didnt work!
my freind told me the broken stinger could be welded together, the AE dual chamber pipe are made in this way....
speedy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 09:12 AM   #6138
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C

Quote:
another view..
tried the freezer trick, didnt work!
Theres no bringing that pipe back to life.
ROBBIE C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 10:07 AM   #6139
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Bxclip
if i buy the serpent 705 kit alone is it built already just needing e to install enigne pipe radio exc..?

if you are looking for a car that is built you should look for a kit with RTR after its name or printed on the box

you can't miss that since RTR is hot now
maybe a TMAXX will work for you
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 03:12 PM   #6140
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to puma1824

Quote:
That's nothing, check this out...things to remember in the future: Don't leave you're starter box out in the open and accidently slide sideways into it

puma1824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 03:30 PM   #6141
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bxclip

Quote:
Originally posted by Fire
if you are looking for a car that is built you should look for a kit with RTR after its name or printed on the box

you can't miss that since RTR is hot now
maybe a TMAXX will work for you

I have a hpi rs4 nite rtr i supped it up with new engine tuned pipe 2 speed and took some of it apart and put it back together i put the first hpi pro together.I want a better car for racing but dotn want to waste time on building it. With my experience with buildin the pro and part of the rtr u think i can get this car together?
Bxclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 03:46 PM   #6142
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

I just did the freezer trick to my REX pipe. It brought it back to life.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 03:49 PM   #6143
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
i have the NS S5 but havent run it yet.

Corse-R ran it few weeks ago. he has better idea about it.
It's a real powerful engine, paired with the new Nova pipe (51224 - For those who want more info, it's a .15 235mm class pipe with a manifold for .12 engines, simply brutal on large tracks). In fact I'm into problems because I'm out of gearing until mine 0.8 gears will come (pray for arriving before 12 July... ) if not, the answer is to run 64mm tyres or larger (I wanna run On-Road, not Off-Road nor Rallie Game ).
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 03:51 PM   #6144
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Grinder
What's up Robbie. Can you tell me when Mugen is going to have some more front uprights available. I have'nt been able to find any anywhere in the country in a couple of months. Thanks.
Grinder, have plenty of spares (in fact, have a complete car in spare bags). If any part is unavailable at US, please, PM with the bag and address and I will be glad of sending you ASAP.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 04:23 PM   #6145
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C

Quote:
Originally posted by puma1824
That's nothing, check this out...things to remember in the future: Don't leave you're starter box out in the open and accidently slide sideways into it

WOW oucH
ROBBIE C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 06:45 PM   #6146
Tech Addict

bxclip~sure you can build the car! but if you just play in the parking lot it may not be the best car
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 07:16 PM   #6147
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

i am sure the freezer trick wont work on this one!
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 07:59 PM   #6148
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:

not too bad !

you still have the stinger on it and the little spring there
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 08:33 PM   #6149
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Manticore,

I wonder if u can help me out on this issue.....regarding the three blocks for the rear pins labelled A-A(4mm), B-B(5mm)n C-C(6mm)....what is the effects of using the different blocks....I know that it changes the roll centre relative to the frnt roll centre but does it hve any effects on anti-squat ? Can I say that using C-C(6mm) suitable for high grip tracks n A-A(4mm) for low grip tracks? Please correct me if I'm wrong n thks for ur time.
vones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 09:15 PM   #6150
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by vones
Manticore,

I wonder if u can help me out on this issue.....regarding the three blocks for the rear pins labelled A-A(4mm), B-B(5mm)n C-C(6mm)....what is the effects of using the different blocks....I know that it changes the roll centre relative to the frnt roll centre but does it hve any effects on anti-squat ? Can I say that using C-C(6mm) suitable for high grip tracks n A-A(4mm) for low grip tracks? Please correct me if I'm wrong n thks for ur time.
antisquat is different from roll centre.

Here is a very useful link on car handling and it explains in detail on how roll centre and anti squat affect handling. Besides, there are lot more informtion about car setup.

RC Car Handling
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote