R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-18-2002, 06:25 PM   #601
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Brotha Man: What up! Thinking about doin' the switch!

Felzie.
CSF0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 06:29 PM   #602
asd
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to asd

r u talking to me? if so, here's my answer:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYYYYYY
lol
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 06:33 PM   #603
Tech Regular

I'm not switching either, the V1RR is an awesome car. But I am interested in hearing what people think about the MTX-3 and what people will think about the Serpent 705 when it comes out. I'm interested in hearing about any new car.
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 06:34 PM   #604
asd
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to asd

amen to that!
testify!
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 08:43 PM   #605
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by muugen
Sorry I missed something in the thread - what is the problem with the kit dog bones ?

also has anyone tried their old gandini foams with 0 offset 26 or 30mm rear - do they rub ??
Nothing wrong with the kit bones, there just a bit too short and fall out a lot. Only a problem in the front at full steering lock. This car has too much rear grip and understeers heaps.
My kit came with claimed 37 shore tyres front and rear but the rears are much harder than "old" 37s.
Standard GRP rims rub the steering arm on the front knuckle. I didn't try the rear as that would have made the car 196mm wide at the back even if they did fit.
Till wheels are readily available you need offset rims or a spacer.
rjl
rjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 08:52 PM   #606
Tech Adept

Im kinda confused what u r saying rlj, do you like the car??? from what uve been saying, its kinda making me wish i hadnt ordered one......seeing as how i already have an mtx-2
Nytrochaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 09:21 PM   #607
Tech Addict

CSF0623: i already did! just tested mine on Sat at CP... love it..
ME-student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 09:38 PM   #608
Tech Regular

ok, bit confused. All I've heard from anyone so far is that the MTX-3 handles solidly and that the stock set up is right on with plenty of steering. RJL, ur directly contradicting that, it sounds like. Can you elaborate? Maybe you dont have the car set up according to stock?
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 11:08 PM   #609
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Just checked with Mugen today. Spare parts are on their way and should be here anyday now. We'll have them on our website as soon as they are available!

Robbie C,

What's up my man! Glad to see you on here.

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 11:24 PM   #610
Tech Adept

Does the MTX-3 have a centax with it? If not any one for the MTX-2 wil work right?

I was wondering if Jaco nitro shoes will work with the car without and mods? Is there a special offset that the car was designed with?

Thanks.
JPHRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 11:32 PM   #611
rjl
Tech Fanatic

I never said I didn't like the car, this is the car I've been waiting for actually. I've tested just about every top level car out there.
There is little in the instructions about set up. The settings and tyres I ran as a starting point was far too stable for me to do fast laps. Everyone knows how to make a car less stable, I will be faster this weekend.
rjl
Old 11-18-2002, 11:38 PM   #612
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by rjl
I never said I didn't like the car, this is the car I've been waiting for actually. I've tested just about every top level car out there.
There is little in the instructions about set up. The settings and tyres I ran as a starting point was far too stable for me to do fast laps. Everyone knows how to make a car less stable, I will be faster this weekend.
rjl
harder spring in rear, more stand up shocks, less toe in, harder rear sway bar all these will help. I will try harder spring first.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 12:04 AM   #613
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by rjl
Nothing wrong with the kit bones, there just a bit too short and fall out a lot. Only a problem in the front at full steering lock. This car has too much rear grip and understeers heaps.
My kit came with claimed 37 shore tyres front and rear but the rears are much harder than "old" 37s.
Standard GRP rims rub the steering arm on the front knuckle. I didn't try the rear as that would have made the car 196mm wide at the back even if they did fit.
Till wheels are readily available you need offset rims or a spacer.
rjl
Ok thanks - I just put o-rings in the oneway outdrives on the mtx-2

makes it hard to get a set up if you don't have tire variations, though you would think equal shores front and rear is as far as you would need ie not any softer front than rear just to get steering.

I always found with mtx-2 if you go softer on rear and lay shocks down you get a loose rear and more steer - opposite to manticores suggestion
muugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 12:23 AM   #614
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Personally I'm going to vary rear camber link position and steering bellcrank. The suspension was soaking up ripples very well.
rjl
Old 11-19-2002, 12:28 AM   #615
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Rob's tip, drill some holes in corners of the battery tray.