Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 07:03 AM
Tech Addict

when using the tweak station do you just adjust the collars on the shocks to make the car true?
Old 06-26-2003, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default Revelation raceway racers

RobbieC, thebutcher, anyone who goes to Revrace: I'm planning on practicing there for the first time and need some setup help to get my MTX3 running consistently over there. Any help would be appreciated. Also, will my Crystal Park gearing(17/22pinion combo) be effective there?

Thanks
Old 06-26-2003, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Revelation raceway racers

Originally posted by BOLISARIO
RobbieC, thebutcher, anyone who goes to Revrace: I'm planning on practicing there for the first time and need some setup help to get my MTX3 running consistently over there. Any help would be appreciated. Also, will my Crystal Park gearing(17/22pinion combo) be effective there?

Thanks
Same setup 17/47 21/43
Old 06-26-2003, 10:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Finally

I finally found the time to finish building my MTX3. I'm very happy and can't wait to race it for the first time this weekend. Everything is ajusted just right according to the standard Mugen setup and the engine is broken in. The thing looks fast just sitting there.
I though I'd post a couple of pics just in case some of you don't remember what a box stock MTX3 looks like.

Pic one:
Old 06-26-2003, 10:05 AM
Tech Addict

Default Pic two

Old 06-26-2003, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

Default Pic three

Old 06-26-2003, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Pic three

Originally posted by mistercrash
looks like you have your throttle servo works agains that "spring" while braking, eh? It's Hitec. You may have shorten its life.
Old 06-26-2003, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

I am about to put the MTX-3 parts together. I was wondering that do i have to buy any accessoreis like Diff oil, super join grease or else to finish up.
Old 06-26-2003, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by US_MATRIX
Hi guys,

I am about to put the MTX-3 parts together. I was wondering that do i have to buy any accessoreis like Diff oil, super join grease or else to finish up.
Get yourself some thread-lock fluid. You'll need to thread-lock it all on the steering part.

Get everything ready, and time yourself see how long it'll take you. Let us know
Old 06-26-2003, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

Wink

Don't count on me man, I build very slowwwwwwwwwww.

Thanks.

Originally posted by eddiethefish
Get yourself some thread-lock fluid. You'll need to thread-lock it all on the steering part.

Get everything ready, and time yourself see how long it'll take you. Let us know
Old 06-26-2003, 02:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks
Yea, what Robbie said. Boli. If your car works at CP, it will fly at Revelation.
Old 06-26-2003, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by US_MATRIX
Don't count on me man, I build very slowwwwwwwwwww.

Thanks.
Don't tell me you plan to build the car about a month and breaking in engine for two months.
Old 06-26-2003, 02:09 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Pic three

Originally posted by eddiethefish
looks like you have your throttle servo works agains that "spring" while braking, eh? It's Hitec. You may have shorten its life.
Don't worry about the cheapo Hitec servo. The spring is very soft and doesn't put excessive strain on the servo. It's just strong enough to bring back the arm in it's place. It's just an idea I had that I'll be trying this upcoming race. Up to now it works very well.
Old 06-26-2003, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Thanks
Everything is pretty much the same as CP. Some said "A" as more Acherman Angle is better there. I've found my "B" to be just fine.
Old 06-26-2003, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Pic three

Originally posted by mistercrash
Don't worry about the cheapo Hitec servo. The spring is very soft and doesn't put excessive strain on the servo. It's just strong enough to bring back the arm in it's place. It's just an idea I had that I'll be trying this upcoming race. Up to now it works very well.
You don't mind if I'd like to do the same, right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.