Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
people, there's no need to play around with the mugen clutch. it is perfect!
A slight grinding with sandpaper of the clutch bell where it touches the shoe isn't modification, is 'improvement' stopped glazing clutch shoes only doing this.
Old 06-12-2003, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Corse-R
A slight grinding with sandpaper of the clutch bell where it touches the shoe isn't modification, is 'improvement' stopped glazing clutch shoes only doing this.
darn it... Corse-R knows my intention... can't really hide anything from him, eh?
Old 06-12-2003, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by eddiethefish
darn it... Corse-R knows my intention... can't really hide anything from him, eh?
Got scated in several races by a glazed clutch shoe that partially engages at sky-high rpms (and of course, engine temp >150ºC.... Poor Nova R1).

Now use non-stock clutch shoes and a slight grinding acts magic.

BTW: If you want a self cleaning clutch bell, make some holes drilled in angle where the clutch bell touches, Holes need to be facing clockwise to expel dirt, not on ccw where catches air and of cuz: dirt on your clutch.

Messing with a vertical drill, some pics later.

Last edited by Corse-R; 06-12-2003 at 07:58 AM.
Old 06-12-2003, 08:48 AM
JUN
Tech Adept

Last edited by JUN; 10-30-2003 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06-12-2003, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by thebutcher
I saw a few people at the regionals that had a nice cover for thier personal transponder. It was molded so the transponder would tuck up inside to protect it, and it was mounted to the kit mount. I think it was Tim Long who had them. Who makes those Robbie????
Tim has a guy who makes the cover if you would like one e-mail Tim at [email protected] I think they are $15.00
Old 06-12-2003, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Got scated in several races by a glazed clutch shoe that partially engages at sky-high rpms (and of course, engine temp >150ºC.... Poor Nova R1).

Now use non-stock clutch shoes and a slight grinding acts magic.

BTW: If you want a self cleaning clutch bell, make some holes drilled in angle where the clutch bell touches, Holes need to be facing clockwise to expel dirt, not on ccw where catches air and of cuz: dirt on your clutch.

Messing with a vertical drill, some pics later.
Non-stock clutch shoe = Mugen Grey Clutch shoe?
Slight grinding on the clutch bell = would this cause the clutch shoe to wear more easily?
Old 06-12-2003, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RClover
Non-stock clutch shoe = Mugen Grey Clutch shoe?
Slight grinding on the clutch bell = would this cause the clutch shoe to wear more easily?
Nope, Enneti Yellow clutch shoe, similar to Mugen grey but lasts longer.

The grinding on the clutch makes it grip better to the shoe, wear probably is a little higher that if weren't sanded, but about 12 litres of fuel under racing conditions is a quite good life expectancy of the clutch shoe.
Old 06-12-2003, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

The grinding on the clutch makes it grip better to the shoe, wear probably is a little higher that if weren't sanded, but about 12 litres of fuel under racing conditions is a quite good life expectancy of the clutch shoe.
Hello Corse-R,

So, it would only last about 12 l? That's it? Thought it would never needed to replace.

RCLover, wait till I change my clutch shoe to a 24k golden one? Then you can have my old ones.
Old 06-12-2003, 09:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

while testing out the grey clutch shoe with super hard spring, phew, lots of punch and inconsistent clutch engagement causing the rear sliding too much under hard throttle.

when taking apart the clutch, discovered some oil stain around the grey shoe and clutch bell from nowhere! guess from the inner clutch bell bearings..

cleaned that away, reduced the clutch bell to 0.3mm gap with clutch spring at 0.5mm. its smoother now..
Old 06-12-2003, 09:58 AM
Tech Champion

just installed the enneti clutch pad on my sirio and will see how it performs this week end if no rain here !
Old 06-12-2003, 09:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by eddiethefish

RCLover, wait till I change my clutch shoe to a 24k golden one? Then you can have my old ones.
ok set then!
Old 06-12-2003, 10:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Manticore
just installed the enneti clutch pad on my sirio and will see how it performs this week end if no rain here !
where the hell did u get that yellow thing? man, i just installed my grey shoe yesterday!!
Old 06-12-2003, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by RClover
where the hell did u get that yellow thing? man, i just installed my grey shoe yesterday!!
from my good friend !!
Old 06-12-2003, 10:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

will you show us the grinding of the clutch bell soon?
Old 06-12-2003, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Manticore
If you ever wish to discard anything, spare the poor fish, send'em over to me, p... lease...

Where can I find the enneti clutch?

So now we have:

Black
Gray
Red
and enneti Yellow

I'm a hetero, but wonder if there'll be a rainbow one in the near future.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.