R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-15-2002, 05:52 PM   #496
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C

Hey by the way i can't beleave you put that gas car on white carpet.
ROBBIE C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 05:54 PM   #497
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C

We put the setup that ran at Crystal Park up on Mugens website, only differents is droop.
ROBBIE C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 07:29 PM   #498
Tech Adept

Hey robbie hows it goin?

im doin just fine, just flew in from texas, mighty big airport yall got here, and the people sure are nice

sorry, its from a commercial...anyways,

if i can convince my parents to let me bring the car to boarding school with me, im going to need tools to build it and fix it, obviously, i cant bring my whole tool set, so my question for you is what tools and what sizes of them, will i need to build this kit.......im talkin every tool!!!

thank you a bunch.......and also, i hate to be a stickler, but make sure u write every tool because i doubt my parents will be willing to send me the pair of needlenose pliers i forget!!

thanks a bunch
Nytrochaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 07:59 PM   #499
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Thanks alot Robbie.

The car was just put back together after a complete teardown to prepare it for hybernation, so it was actuall sterile
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 08:48 PM   #500
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Craig

Manbik-How did you do that? I have a object that I want to do that to?
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 12:30 AM   #501
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Interesting thread forming here.
I'm putting the car for it's maiden voyage on the track tomorrow.
My first impression, RACE CAR HERE!!!!!!!
rjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 05:40 AM   #502
Tech Master

We'll finally hear the customer's track reactions.

Quote:
posted by RobbieC

Fuel tank is much lower( low CG's)
Anti squat adjustment in rear for more cornering speed.
Front bell crank steering more reactive and equal amount of steering, also (low CG's)
Different front steering angles, more or less steering reaction.
Low belt outside of chassis, low friction.
New rear sway bar more reactive because angle.
Rear uprights you can change the roll center of the car easily.
Different final drive, more straightaway speed.

The list go on, these are the things I noticed and like.
wow, that is a lot of new ideas you guys put into the new car. Its good we have someone who is able to and sure when he tells us about everything on the new car. Rumors can get annoying quickly.
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 05:49 AM   #503
Tech Regular

Quote:
wow, that is a lot of new ideas you guys put into the new car.

They didnt design the car, they're just driving the car that Mugen designed and sent them from Japan.
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 06:21 AM   #504
Tech Master

He is a representative of Mugen, and even if he didn't make or design or have any input whatsoever on the car, it was his company- that he represents to people like us, the customers- that designed it and that is what I meant when I said "you guys".

(I'm sorry cali, but you seem to be taking my words wrong lately.)
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 06:33 AM   #505
Tech Regular

Nah, I'm not mistaking youre words. I'm just nitpicking and giving you a hard time.
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 10:04 AM   #506
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by ROBBIE C
What I can't under stand is the front diff grears not being in the kit, that really bites but what can you do?
confused:
The trend for higher end pro kits is to come with a one way front diff.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 10:06 AM   #507
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Someone asked about running this car with rubber tires, I think it would work just fine, remeber this if your car works good with rubber then it will work great with foam.
I disagree. Most of the time, the same setup that will work fine on rubber will not work for foams... I think the general consensus is that when on foams, stiffer shock springs, heavier weight shock oils, front and rear swaybars are needed. Probably, more camber is also needed.

Also, due to more traction available when on foams, your front will have the tendency to have too much grip that the car oversteers (rear throws off) when off throttle. Having foams, the general consensus is to limit weight transfer to the front off power by limiting the rear droop.
Old 11-16-2002, 10:11 AM   #508
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

What Robbie was saying is that when you can get a car hooked up with rubber, it's gonna be easy to hook it up with foams
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 10:12 AM   #509
Tech Prophet

Quote:
For what it's worth here's what I ment in regards to the gearing thing, 17/48 1rst gear 22/42 this gear works better on this car than the MTX-2 because of the over all gear ratio.

MTX-2 5.717
MTX-3 5.431
Yes, indeed some work has been done on the internal gearings of the MTX-3... But taking the MTX-3 final gear ratio that you gave above to be correct and assuming a tire diameter of 58 mm, you'll probably need to have an engine that revs at over 40,000 rpms just to be able to reach the same speeds the other fast cars reach on the straights in the WC assuming the other cars out there are running their engines at 36,000 rpm max (with the exception of the NTC3s which due to their inherent pipe design, the engine can only top out 2000 to 3000 rpms less than normal cars can). My apologies if yet again I use the Ohio track as my example...

To sum it up, I don't know if there are any .12 engines out there that are capable to sustain over 36,000 rpms (lest 40,000 rpms) in an hour long mains. I know straight line speed isn't everything but I just wanted to point that out...

It probably seems that a change in the internal gear ratios could probably be in order... Perhaps 3rd party vendors can offer alternative pulleys to change the internal gearing to a final drive ratio of like 4.8 thereabouts like what is currently being done for the V1RR with the 25T pulley conversion... An idea to explore I think since liek somebody mentioned, Mugen probably has some problems providing taller gears. Business opportunity perhaps? Yeah, like Stefan said, you could probably call it the Mugen MTX3 OHIO SPEC PULLEYS UPGRADE <LOL>

Robbie, I apologise if I seem to be nit picking on you... Please do not take offence to this post or any other post of mine. They might seem hostile and or may sound like I want to stir up a brawl but like other new guys here, I still want to be able to learn more. So please continue to post and give your feedbacks and inside information regarding the MTX-3. Cheers and thanks
Old 11-16-2002, 10:16 AM   #510
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
What Robbie was saying is that when you can get a car hooked up with rubber, it's gonna be easy to hook it up with foams
Thanks for clearing that up Stefan. To a newbie, Robbie's statement sounded like it was very easy to just switch from rubber to foams without making any setup changes... which is not true in this case.

Last edited by InitialD; 11-16-2002 at 10:21 AM.