R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-09-2003, 07:18 AM   #4966
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
Manti,

YESSIR, I will do that!!

I think I have a bad bearing in the car somewhere (probably in the clutch) that caused the glitches.
If you use a two piece pipe, pay attention to the vibration and the two pieces touching, they cause glitching too.

BTW: Are you using personal transponders? If yes, this could be probably your problem. Got some annoying glitches, covered mine radio gear with some tape and problems went to south.

BTW: Want to try the RD Logics turbo pipe? Any feedback about and where I can get at a good price (Europe, preferably)?
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 07:22 AM   #4967
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover
i think its 363mm belt
yeah, its 363
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 07:28 AM   #4968
Tech Champion

stefan

I dont think it is the bearing issue. there are many metal parts touching each other while the car is running. such as brake plate Vs brake pin, brake cam Vs brake plate, dog bones Vs outdrives,

I have no idea about personal transponder, may be Corse-R is right and you might want to check on that.

If you use a self assemble battery pack, I strongely advise you to double check on the soldering points of the pack as there might be some faulty points that act funny while the car was running.
Old 06-09-2003, 07:30 AM   #4969
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
If you use a two piece pipe, pay attention to the vibration and the two pieces touching, they cause glitching too.

BTW: Are you using personal transponders? If yes, this could be probably your problem. Got some annoying glitches, covered mine radio gear with some tape and problems went to south.

BTW: Want to try the RD Logics turbo pipe? Any feedback about and where I can get at a good price (Europe, preferably)?
go to www.microtechracing.co.uk and tell kevin i have sent you there. he is the uk rdlogics distributer
Old 06-09-2003, 07:40 AM   #4970
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Thanks for the hints guys.

I already planned to strip the car down this week and check everything.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 07:44 AM   #4971
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default Re: Re: Re: Speedmind foam tires

Quote:
Originally posted by TSR6
I also ran Speedmind foams yesterday. They fit fine, they do on a little easier if you ream the center hole out a little bit, otherwise they are a little sticky coming off.

I shimmed my 0* offset speedmind tires 1mm using some lexan, to give me the offset, and had no troubles at all.

-Troy
Troy,
I run the 1 mm aluminum washers from the MTX2 prospec.

Do you also feel that the Seedmind front and rear tires are wearing more equal than the GRP's?

I only had to cut my front tires once before the main and after a 30 minute final I only had 1 mm difference between front and rear.

With GRP's I usually have 3-4mm difference
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 08:02 AM   #4972
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Speedmind foam tires

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
Troy,
I run the 1 mm aluminum washers from the MTX2 prospec.

I only had to cut my front tires once before the main and after a 30 minute final I only had 1 mm difference between front and rear.

With GRP's I usually have 3-4mm difference
i am having the 0mm offset rear CVDs. after adding a 1mm washers to the outdrives, the nylon nuts seem not tightened enough though. wonder if this would free the the nuts when running a longer main?

once saw the speedmind foams in LHS but didnt tried as those are dish rims that will look ugly on my mugen.. now gotta try it
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 08:41 AM   #4973
Tech Fanatic

Default Weight loss

how can i loose wieght my mtx3 is 1890 grams (rubber tyres and futaba s9494 sevo's
Old 06-09-2003, 08:43 AM   #4974
Tech Champion

Default Re: Weight loss

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman
how can i loose wieght my mtx3 is 1890 grams (rubber tyres and futaba s9494 sevo's
what do you have?
Old 06-09-2003, 08:49 AM   #4975
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
whoa..something is not right
mine is 1720 gr.
Old 06-09-2003, 08:50 AM   #4976
Tech Fanatic

what's yours manti?
Old 06-09-2003, 09:06 AM   #4977
Tech Regular

Quote:
Thats one phat MTX3!!!
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 09:11 AM   #4978
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Weight loss

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover
whoa..something is not right
mine is 1720 gr.
can you post a pic? of yours?

Mine but has a front diff!

Old 06-09-2003, 09:15 AM   #4979
Tech Addict

Quote:
I think a lot of that might be the rubber tires. They are heavier than foams. Mine, box stock with Hitec digital servos and Novak XXtra, was 1725 grams with the body. I found that at the end of long mains, my car was actually under weight due to the tire wear. I've lightened certain areas of the car (drivetrain), but added weight in others (chassis) and right now it's 1760 grams. It's a little heavier than some cars, but atleast I don't have to worry about being under weight!!
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 09:31 AM   #4980
Tech Elite

Quote:
Ugh! more than 180 grams of difference.... Your problem is focused on two very precise points of your car: Rubber tyres and front differential (no pun intended, but this is your main weight problem).

Let's see how can overcome this weight difference:

- Square hollow main and center shaft.
- 3Racing lightweight pulley adaptors.
- Square titanium screw set (>30 grams less only with this).
- Lightweight 1st and 2nd gear housings.
- Mugen titanium Pillowballs (lighter but softer, some break, not bend on crashes).
- Kawahara delring knuckle (comes with delrin screws if you're freaky with suspended weight).
- Titanium turnbuckles (I'm using some Yokomo that had lying on mine toolbox).

If not remember bad you installed some kind of plastic box for your receiver instead of the cover that came from stock. Bag your receiver in a rubber ballon (tamiya have some nifty ones) and put a little bag of silicagel with your receiver to absorb moisture than can be trapped (in rainy situations, put a second rubber ballon, but between first and second put some WD40). Don't know Futaba 9494 servos, so I assume that are of the same size as 9402/9450/9550 type (standard size servos).

You can shave some grams putting different servos, something like the 9250 model (rubbers don't put the same havoc to the servo as foams), so much probably will be happy with them (5Kg but shave about 15 grams only on one servo).

Forget anything form of aluminium that substitutes plastic (weights more and in some cases are harmful - pulleys that self sharpen and cut belts).

You can shave some grams too on the servo horns. Aluminium ones are nifty, but weight a lot. I use some from Du-bro (tough as hell, haven't broke one in years) if aren't available, you can source some good quality servo horns from Serpent.

Other forms of shaving weight in a cheap form is to eliminate battery switch and connect and disconnect with a battery connector like the old Multiplex ones.

Last but not least.... what kind of tyres/inserts/rims you use? choose some like the Team Sorex ones (very light and real stiff). This is one place where you can shave grams that roll (and this counts twice). But the best is to switch to foam series.... Just read my signature.

BTW: How was the weekend?
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D

Last edited by Corse-R; 06-09-2003 at 09:36 AM.
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote