R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-02-2003, 08:10 PM   #4606
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
Would you guys please stop arguing now and answer my damn question which I posted 3 times already

Stop it or you'll have a German yell at you both!!!!
sts engine site has a little program that gives you the O/D or non O/D ratio based on the pulley, gear and tire size you input. check that out, it is fun.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 08:20 PM   #4607
PMT
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
this guy has been doing strange thing here.

here is the link of the max power engine 3.5cc and it provides all the bigger pictures that our new guy PMT just posted.

He really needs some help or he is just being strange.

http://www.rcmaxpower.com/
Nothing stragne pictures are directly off of the disk that I got from Max at the Nurenburg toy show, it is easier than trying to track down a digital camera and take pictures of the same thing. I will however borrow one and take some pictures of the Collari Sirio's and post them additionaly I will take a picture of the CD if you would like? Any links that you would like to post first regarding Collari Sirio so that there is no confusion about what I will be posting?

Now regarding the playing games and running to the admin, grow up. If you can dish it you should be able to take it too.

RC Lover you state:

who is arrogant here? who brought up the 'big' events in his last post?
well, perhaps you hate 'alum. parts' (all snakers behave like this)so you feel a little uncomfortable about cheap parts from HK.. i can understand that, but that's not your business! we can affort and its our money

Manti insinuated that I'm the type of guy that has all of the toys but can not drive. I simply told him where I will be. If he would like he can show up and see. This is not arrogance this is stepping up to the plate i.e. me putting up or shutting up. Regarding the rest I have no idea what you are talking about or why you are even getting involved. What you do with your money I could care the least about and have no idea why your mentioning this? I never even mentioned you in any of my previous posts but you decided to get involved. You tried to be cute a page or so back by starting the new thread, I just sugested that you use it.

Stefan, I posted this info I belive yesterday I will take a look back a couple of pages and see if I can find it and re-post it.

Last edited by PMT; 06-02-2003 at 08:27 PM.
PMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 08:25 PM   #4608
PMT
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
Would you guys please stop arguing now and answer my damn question which I posted 3 times already

Stop it or you'll have a German yell at you both!!!!

Here it is, I cut and pasted it below. Let me know if you need more info.

This is starting with the basics so my appolagies if this is repetative. Most 1/8th cars come w/ an overdrive ratio chart. In the last couple of years in touring w/ the use of foam tires there is starting to become a need for calculating this too. What the overdrive ration indicates is the ratio of drive (rotations) of the front tires compared to the rear tires. There are pulley sets available to adjust this but as foam tires wear (diameters change) this is most commonly adjusted by truing the tires to specific diametes.

When you see an overdrive ratio under 1 i.e. .985 what this means is that the rear tires are overdriving the fronts. Or for every complete rotation of the rear tires the front tires rotate .985 turns. When you see a ratio over 1 i.e. 1.008 that means that the front tires are overdriving the rears. Or for every 1 rotation of the rear tires the front rotates 1.008 times. These might seem light minute amounts but it can result in a significant change in how your car handles.

The ratio comes into play to a) tailor your cars handeling to the track type i.e. large flowing w/ sweepers or tight, narrow w/ 180's. b) Change the handeling of your car i.e. feeling of more steering, reduce the amount of steering etc.

So as a general rule of thumb on flowing high speed tracks you can run less overdrive i.e. 1.00 (sometimes below 1). This will make your car easier to drive on this type of track and also because you are running taller rear tires allow a higher top speed. On tight technical tracks you want to run a higher overdrive ration i.e 1.00 or above. This puts more drive to the front of the car and generaly makes the front of the car pull the rear around (extreem example is a front wheel drive full size car where front of car pulls the rear around corners) making the car feel almost like it has more steering. This makes it easier to drive around tight 180's etc. and generaly the car will go in the direction the front wheels are pointed when you apply gas. With overdrive small diameter changes make a large difference and this is something that needs to be experimented with to find what ratio you like best. You already have felt what a change in overdrive ration does, you probably have noticed that during the corse of a 30 minute main the handeling of your car changes? This change in handeling is because your tire diamteres are changing and hence your overdrive ratio.

Now before I get jumped on by anyone about the above overdrive explination let me say that this is an extreemely simplified explination of how and what changing this does.
PMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 08:25 PM   #4609
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by PMT
Nothing stragne pictures are directly off of the disk that I got from Max gave me at the Nurenburg toy show, it is easier than trying to track down a digital camera and take pictures of the same thing. I will however borrow one and take some pictures of the Collari Sirio's and post them. Any links that you would like to post first so that there is no confusion about what I will be posting?

Now regarding the playing games and running to the admin, grow up. If you can dish it you should be able to take it too.

RC Lover you state:

who is arrogant here? who brought up the 'big' events in his last post?
well, perhaps you hate 'alum. parts' (all snakers behave like this)so you feel a little uncomfortable about cheap parts from HK.. i can understand that, but that's not your business! we can affort and its our money

Manti insinuated that I'm the type of guy that has all of the toys but can not drive. I simply told him where I will be. If he would like he can show up and see. This is not arrogance this is stepping up to the plate i.e. me putting up or shutting up. Regarding the rest I have no idea what you are talking about or why you are even getting involved. What you do with your money I could care the least about and have no idea why your mentioning this? I never even mentioned you in any of my previous posts but you decided to get involved. You tried to be cute a page or so back by starting the new thread, I just sugested that you use it.

Stefan, I posted this info I belive yesterday I will take a look back a couple of pages and see if I can find it and re-post it.

the admin came in and shouted stop. you are the only one that still continue your nonsense playing game and giving shits. who needs to grow up?

I will ignore your nonsense from now on
Old 06-02-2003, 08:34 PM   #4610
Tech Master

Can you guys try this little overdrive program out. It is a little VB Script program that Kaiser made up using my overdrive chart.
Attached Files
File Type: zip overdrive calculation.zip (684 Bytes, 50 views)
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 08:37 PM   #4611
TBR
Tech Regular

Manti and PMT play nice!
TBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 08:38 PM   #4612
TBR
Tech Regular

What is the finish like on Osaka brand of option parts??
Compared to say Sato Seiki and 3 Racing?
Old 06-02-2003, 08:41 PM   #4613
TBR
Tech Regular

Default Re: Wheels rubbing

Quote:
Originally posted by hicheef
Should I be sanding some material off of my front and rear uprights? I'm seeing some rubbing on the insides of my wheels. I'm using the Mugen Fast Foams with the correct offset and still seeing rubbing. My only fear in just doing it is will I be weakening the part or should I just sand away?? Any input is much appreciated!!!
KEVIN
If you are using the Mugen Fast foams you shouldnt have any rubbing. Are you using buckled old wheels cause that is the only reason I can see there be rubbing?
Old 06-02-2003, 08:46 PM   #4614
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by TBR
What is the finish like on Osaka brand of option parts??
Compared to say Sato Seiki and 3 Racing?
this brand use OEM products from tobee, same factory of kawahara etc etc. qualitywise is better then sato seiki and 3 racing.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:52 PM   #4615
TBR
Tech Regular

Quote:
this brand use OEM products from tobee, same factory of kawahara etc etc. qualitywise is better then sato seiki and 3 racing.
So similar to Kawahara products or do they make different parts?
Old 06-02-2003, 08:52 PM   #4616
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Wheels rubbing

Quote:
Originally posted by TBR
If you are using the Mugen Fast foams you shouldnt have any rubbing. Are you using buckled old wheels cause that is the only reason I can see there be rubbing?
that kind of rubbing is normal unless you use a very stiff rim. the rubbing is caused by the flex of the rims.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:53 PM   #4617
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by TBR
So similar to Kawahara products or do they make different parts?
no they dont, just grap here and there but quality is on par with kawahara.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:04 PM   #4618
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6
Default Re: Re: Re: Wheels rubbing

Quote:
that kind of rubbing is normal unless you use a very stiff rim. the rubbing is caused by the flex of the rims.
I raced on a really dirty track for my MTX-3's first run. They didn't blow the track off well at all. If you got off-line, you would pick up sand grit, and other little particles. I had sand grit stuck between the rear carriers and the wheels and it wore a groove in the wheels.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 09:08 PM   #4619
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Wheels rubbing

Quote:
Originally posted by TSR6
I raced on a really dirty track for my MTX-3's first run. They didn't blow the track off well at all. If you got off-line, you would pick up sand grit, and other little particles. I had sand grit stuck between the rear carriers and the wheels and it wore a groove in the wheels.
that is absolutely one of the reasons.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:43 PM   #4620
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish

at last!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscf1784.jpg (70.3 KB, 126 views)
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote