http://rotor.com.sg/car/acc_kfactory_mtx3_main.htm
those are K factory stuff
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 06:46 PM   #4517
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Tag
is there any cheaper alternatives for the pinion tool ? i feel the mugen unit a little steep ..thanks
that's the tool to avoid you from damaging the bell. there are alternative such as the pinion tool for kyosho 3D clutch but it is not any cheaper and it is not long lasting. so net net the mugen one is the way to go.
Old 06-01-2003, 06:58 PM   #4518
Tech Apprentice

Default smeltz anybody???

is for sale anybody interested????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscn0260.jpg (175.7 KB, 131 views)
rcdubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 07:21 PM   #4519
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by PMT
Ha! we are talking about the same guy, I'll tell him that you said hi.Just looking at the race schedule and all that I can say is this is going to be a bussy summer for us.
Tell Steve that if he comes down for the nationals, we need to go have a few beers. Oh, and you are welcome too.

Butcher
thebutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 07:26 PM   #4520
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by PMT
Ha! we are talking about the same guy, I'll tell him that you said hi.Just looking at the race schedule and all that I can say is this is going to be a bussy summer for us.
By the way Manti, we can all learn from PMT, and especially from one of his drivers. These guys are the Sh*#.
thebutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 07:52 PM   #4521
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by thebutcher
By the way Manti, we can all learn from PMT, and especially from one of his drivers. These guys are the Sh*#.
i have a short discussion with my buddies about idiots who have the most equiptments at the track are likely the worst drivers.
Old 06-01-2003, 08:08 PM   #4522
Tech Regular

Mugen MTX 3 Car Kit
Mugen 730MAH reciever pack
3racing front universals - MTX 3
Novarossi 52605 inline pipe
Mugen First gear 17t pinion for mtx 3 - T0709
Mugen second gear spur 42T for mtx 3 - T0225

I sold my trinity and im going to buy this stuff, what do u guys think is there anything i should add ? ? im on a budget thats why i chose the 3 racing universals

Do you people have any tips or tricks for this car ? ? i heard about some fuel tank problem and someone worked out how to fix it ? whats with that ? anything else i should know ? ?

and im getting it all from harmony model
mitch179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 08:19 PM   #4523
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to puma1824

Thanks everyone that had assited me...

My problem was my initial setup wasn't correct.

My droop was WAY off both and my rear toe-in was a little off.

Put everything on the setup board and not the coning is gone

So far my mtx-3 has been great and my concerns about belts haven't been a problem.

-Puma
puma1824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 08:26 PM   #4524
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by puma1824
Thanks everyone that had assited me...

My problem was my initial setup wasn't correct.

My droop was WAY off both and my rear toe-in was a little off.

Put everything on the setup board and not the coning is gone

So far my mtx-3 has been great and my concerns about belts haven't been a problem.

-Puma
good to hear that !
Old 06-01-2003, 08:28 PM   #4525
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by mitch179
Mugen MTX 3 Car Kit
Mugen 730MAH reciever pack
3racing front universals - MTX 3
Novarossi 52605 inline pipe
Mugen First gear 17t pinion for mtx 3 - T0709
Mugen second gear spur 42T for mtx 3 - T0225

I sold my trinity and im going to buy this stuff, what do u guys think is there anything i should add ? ? im on a budget thats why i chose the 3 racing universals

Do you people have any tips or tricks for this car ? ? i heard about some fuel tank problem and someone worked out how to fix it ? whats with that ? anything else i should know ? ?

and im getting it all from harmony model
you might need the "Osaka" or "sato" engine brace as well.

Ask "Fire" about his trick, it works well to mend a leak tank, just in case you have a leak tank

I think cartman has a trick to avoid the tank from leaking.

by the way, I have got back a replacement tank from mugen last week after 6 months waiting.
Old 06-01-2003, 09:10 PM   #4526
Tech Fanatic

you miss out the most important item this time... Kawahara Rear adj sway bar! Just got it from HK and its still 'hot'...oouch..hands got burn!
It just look awesome having on my mugen even i havent tested it...great quality...
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 09:19 PM   #4527
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by mitch179
Do you people have any tips or tricks for this car ?
here's the little tips you need..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tips.jpg (194.3 KB, 144 views)
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 10:15 PM   #4528
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
If you carry 100 pairs of tyres to your track, you may have some problems with tyre selection and very deep pockets, considering the price of a 1/8 scale tyre set and that only some hardness are used (32, 35 & 37 are used by me).

Rather than carry those bulky box I go with some sets (if I did my homework doing the setup, much probably only I need to carry 2 sets of the hardness choosen and 1 more slightly harder, total 3 sets, not 100).
I actually have close to 50 pairs of used tires (more rear tires than front) in different tire diameters and shores. Some slightly chunked at the sides and mostly all of them in good useable condition. More of the 37 to 42 shore ranges with very small number of 35 and 45 shores. I don't own a tire truer. They are all in good condition and their tire diameters marked out after I run them down out of the box new. I put them aside when I find that the tires do not have equal diameters after I run a few tankfs or so (usually the rear tires get smaller faster). I will reuse them at some point when I find a particular tire diameter and shore that I need to match up. I usually reserve a few sets of fronts and rears at specific tire diameter and shore for that special race or occasion.

So I'm not surprised if PMT claims that he has 100 pairs of tires in the box. 1/8th scale east tires for breakfast and when you keep them aside for a specific tire diameter and shore hardness, you'll end up like him.

Well, the next thing I can expect is somebody will flame me for posting this and that I'm also encouraging people to own 50 pairs of tires for the stupid mix and match game
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 10:23 PM   #4529
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

I'm probably going to get enough tires to start a rotation. The rear tires seem to wear about 2 to 3 times as fast as the fronts, so I may try to rotate rear tires, and run the same fronts, see if i can put equal wear between all the pairs.

I don't have a tire truer, but I usually end up ''borrowing time'' on one.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 10:31 PM   #4530
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by TSR6
I'm probably going to get enough tires to start a rotation. The rear tires seem to wear about 2 to 3 times as fast as the fronts, so I may try to rotate rear tires, and run the same fronts, see if i can put equal wear between all the pairs.

I don't have a tire truer, but I usually end up ''borrowing time'' on one.
You're pretty lucky to get to borrow one Yes, I actually have all the tires from day one that I started using foams except for the cracked rims and the badly chunked ones that I throw away. I have not run any one down to the rims yet. That is why the number of tires are high.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote