R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-30-2003, 02:24 PM   #4441
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by US_MATRIX
Hi,

I have a few sets of tire left from my other car. Can i use those on MTX-3? I heard someone mentioned that MTX-3 requires -2 degree foam tire? Is it true ? Can i just just 0 degree foam tire instead?
You can use your 0 degree offset rims without problem, you can yank your pillowballs up to 197 or 198mm width without problems on the rear, but going to this width without universals is asking for problems in the form of lost dogbones.

I feel quite confortable going at 196mm wide on my car, never needed go wider. As wider is a car, less agility on the turns (specially when entering into the turn).

Or you can use Kawahara hex drives and put the 1mm separator that comes with this hex drives.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 06:51 PM   #4442
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
Manti,

have you tried the new speedmind tires.

I always liked them on my electric car and now the have nitro front tires too
I have not yet tried them but I would love to. The tire is a bit harder then ellegi/fast and it is better for smooth track.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 10:12 PM   #4443
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Should be close to home for you

tires
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 12:57 AM   #4444
PMT
Tech Apprentice

Corse-R

w/ the 16/19 combination running aprox. a 3.5mm split f/r is what I would suggest for an overdrive ratio of roughly 1

Manticore

ratios for the splits that you provided are as follows:

60/63= 1.008
61/64= 1.009

w/ a 3.5mm split it is as follows:

60/63.5= 1.000

61/64.5= 1.001

62/65.5= 1.002
PMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 09:40 AM   #4445
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by PMT
Corse-R

w/ the 16/19 combination running aprox. a 3.5mm split f/r is what I would suggest for an overdrive ratio of roughly 1

Manticore

ratios for the splits that you provided are as follows:

60/63= 1.008
61/64= 1.009

w/ a 3.5mm split it is as follows:

60/63.5= 1.000

61/64.5= 1.001

62/65.5= 1.002
what do you strike for 0.5mm split? do you cut tire every run to maintain 1:1 ratio?

You have a problem?

Last edited by Manticore; 05-31-2003 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-31-2003, 11:39 AM   #4446
Tech Regular

hi everybody....

can anybody tell me what is the page in this thread that the topic is on the leaking front diff?

i have a leaking diff in my mtx.....sigh!!!

thanx...
Isolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 12:22 PM   #4447
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Isolate
hi everybody....

can anybody tell me what is the page in this thread that the topic is on the leaking front diff?

Don't use front diff, but this URL can be of your interest....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/search.p...der=descending
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 12:29 PM   #4448
PMT
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
what do you strike for 0.5mm split? do you cut tire every run to maintain 1:1 ratio?

You have a problem?
Oh here it comes again, the typical bash the new guy thing.

Manticore, the last post was just t to provide you and others with correect overdrive ratios. Personaly, when I do things to my car I like to know why I'm doing it and what it does. You will find having the correct information and not guessing helps quite a bit.

Now regarding me having a problem. If you think posting the correct information is, then I guess I do. I personaly find that when it comes to car set up .5mm here and .5mm there makes a difference even thought you might not agree.

"do you cut tire every run to maintain 1:1 ratio? You have a problem? "

Rather than trying to act like a smart a** , let me teach you a little trick that we have been using with 1/8th scale where we carry around the big 100+ pair Hudy tire storage boxes. If you own a pair of digital calipers, and I'm asuming that you do right Manti? All that you do is after each time that you run your car measure your tire diameters. Then (and this is where you will learn something) take a white paint pen and write the diameter on the tire directly on the foam. Now if you start doing this regularly all that you have to do is quickly look in your tire box and you will probably be able to find 2 of the same shore tires that are within a couple of 10ths of a milimeter of each other without having to do any tire truing. When you run the car the tire diameter that you wrote on the foam will be gone in less than a lap. Now when you take the car off the track, measure again, write diameteres on tires and quickly look for a matching pair. You will find that this is especialy helpfull on high speed tracks where you will have much higher tire wear on your outside wheels. Allows you easily have a nearly perfect 1:1 ratio every time you put your car on the track.

Hope that you learned something, then again you are probably going to say that you have been doing this for years, right?
Old 05-31-2003, 01:20 PM   #4449
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i thought they were all good posts PMT

i especially like the last one
Old 05-31-2003, 01:59 PM   #4450
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Isolate
hi everybody....

thanx...
I don't remember what page it was but I can help you with your leaking front diff.

You need to clean the mating surfaces thorougly with some motorspray sprayed onto a rag. Apply a thin coat of RTV silicone to both sides of the gasket and then assemble the diff halves but do not tighten the screws until after five minutes. Do not overtighten the screws or else you could warp te T0220D part.
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 02:56 PM   #4451
TBR
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by PMT

Manticore, the last post was just t to provide you and others with correect overdrive ratios. Personaly, when I do things to my car I like to know why I'm doing it and what it does. You will find having the correct information and not guessing helps quite a bit.

Now regarding me having a problem. If you think posting the correct information is, then I guess I do. I personaly find that when it comes to car set up .5mm here and .5mm there makes a difference even thought you might not agree.

Rather than trying to act like a smart a** , let me teach you a little trick that we have been using with 1/8th scale where we carry around the big 100+ pair Hudy tire storage boxes. If you own a pair of digital calipers, and I'm asuming that you do right Manti? All that you do is after each time that you run your car measure your tire diameters. Then (and this is where you will learn something) take a white paint pen and write the diameter on the tire directly on the foam. Now if you start doing this regularly all that you have to do is quickly look in your tire box and you will probably be able to find 2 of the same shore tires that are within a couple of 10ths of a milimeter of each other without having to do any tire truing. When you run the car the tire diameter that you wrote on the foam will be gone in less than a lap. Now when you take the car off the track, measure again, write diameteres on tires and quickly look for a matching pair. You will find that this is especialy helpfull on high speed tracks where you will have much higher tire wear on your outside wheels. Allows you easily have a nearly perfect 1:1 ratio every time you put your car on the track.

Hope that you learned something, then again you are probably going to say that you have been doing this for years, right?
I dont think Manti was being smart?? It was more of a question regarding the post. I think he wasnt certain if you were making a statement or a question.
But thanks on the excellent tip though PMT I will have to go suss out one of these white pens.
TBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 05:32 PM   #4452
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by PMT

when it comes to 1/8, most of the people (mostl likely idiot) thinks they are the superior guy over the others running 1/10 or scale smaller then 1/8. I am very sick of this.

This idiot is talking about the difference of the ratio 1.001 to 1.008

what the hell?

being someone owning a digital caliper or owning 100 pairs of tire is the ticket to teach others? hell no!!!

this new guy is telling us to keep 100 pairs of tire to do the stupid matching games? keep it to himself and stay with his stupid life.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:50 PM   #4453
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Wow, Manti lost his cool

Since we are at this topic anyways, can you guys explain to me what difference in handling it make when the fron tires are smaller or bigger than the rear?

Thx
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 05:52 PM   #4454
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
Wow, Manti lost his cool

Since we are at this topic anyways, can you guys explain to me what difference in handling it make when the fron tires are smaller or bigger than the rear?

Thx
no no, i am bashing new guy !!
Old 05-31-2003, 06:25 PM   #4455
PMT
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
when it comes to 1/8, most of the people (mostl likely idiot) thinks they are the superior guy over the others running 1/10 or scale smaller then 1/8. I am very sick of this.

This idiot is talking about the difference of the ratio 1.001 to 1.008

what the hell?

being someone owning a digital caliper or owning 100 pairs of tire is the ticket to teach others? hell no!!!

this new guy is telling us to keep 100 pairs of tire to do the stupid matching games? keep it to himself and stay with his stupid life.

TBR

I dont think Manti was being smart?? It was more of a question regarding the post. I think he wasnt certain if you were making a statement or a question.
But thanks on the excellent tip though PMT I will have to go suss out one of these white pens.

Thanks, I'm just trying to share information. After all this is how we all learned what we know. Now regarding Manti, in hind site I can potentialy see what you are talking about as it also looks like there is a language issue also. However after the above post I do have a couple of comments to him about some of it.

a) when it comes to 1/8, most of the people (mostl likely idiot) thinks they are the superior guy over the others running 1/10 or scale smaller then 1/8. I am very sick of this.

I can tell you that this"idiot" is not one of them. I also started with 1/10th. Now I run 1/10th, 1/8th and 1/5th. I enjoy all classes and think that they all require differnt aproaches and each have their own requirements as far as skill sets. However I will say that it is comments and actions, just like the ones that you currently are displaying, that make most 1/8th scale drivers think this way.

a) This idiot is talking about the difference of the ratio 1.001 to 1.008

what the hell?

This idiot is not talking about the difference between 1.001 & 1.008. This idiot was just pointing out what the overdrive ratio was at the tire diameter that you mentioned. I have not seen anybody including your self post the actual overdrive ratios. You seem to know everything, why don't you give the guys the rest of the tire diameres / overdrive ratios?

b) being someone owning a digital caliper or owning 100 pairs of tire is the ticket to teach others? hell no!!!

No it's not. The ticket to teach others is providing easy to understand and informative information that helps people in a non confrontational or intimidating manner!

c) this new guy is telling us to keep 100 pairs of tire to do the stupid matching games?

I'm asuming that you are calling me a new guy because I have not been posting often on this forrum, fair enough. However please note that this new guy is not telling all of you to keep 100 pairs of tires to do and I quote you "the stupid matching games". What I'm telling you is a way to stop having to use a tire truer all of the time + quickly and easily find tires that have the correct diameter to run the correct overdrive ratio. If you call this stupid, then I guess it is, for you....

d) keep it to himself and stay with his stupid life.

A truely inteligent comment! So using your statement as an example I guess that my life is stupid and I and others should not post information that helps others with this car. Hmmm..... maybe I should devote the day to posting pictures of the shiney alloy parts on my car and talk about hop ups all the time. Better yet when someone else has something to say I'll attack them because I can't have any one else looking like they know something that I don't. Oh wait........ If I was to do that I would be acting like you...............

Have a nice day.