R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-13-2002, 07:02 PM   #421
Tech Regular

So how many more days you got till you can open your Hannakuh present?
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 07:17 PM   #422
Tech Adept

i beleive were down to 18!! which sucks cause i go home in 12, so for a full 6 days ill be living with my car, and cant even build it!!!

its all good though, i guess ill just go over to the brandnew school parking lot across the street with my mtx-2.....HUGE SWEEPER......fun times, it also has somethin that kinda drives like a chicane!!

but still, a full 6 days of waiting with that car
Nytrochaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 07:43 PM   #423
Tech Prophet

Default Re: pasted from Starting Grid:

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
[BWoW what a difference one tooth can make.
And yes this gear will be avalible. [/B]
In my limited experience in RC matters, I don't think a tooth difference in the SPUR would help much in straight line speed. Not bashing Mugen or anybody but calculations would prove that the straight line speed is not affected when changing spurs then as by changing pinions. Please correct me if I'm wrong... If Robbie said that he changed to a one tooth lower PINION and experienced more straight line speed, I would believe him without any hessitation...

All other things aside, if you were the employee or a factory driver for that matter, would you say something bad about the product your company makes? Just my opinion as I think his statement does not hold water...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 07:48 PM   #424
Tech Regular

Quote:
All other things aside, if you were the employee or a factory driver for that matter, would you say something bad about the product your company makes?
good point, but then i guess we'll all find out for sure as soon as we see the car first hand or get to drive one ourselves.
Old 11-13-2002, 07:52 PM   #425
Tech Adept

sorry to change the topic again, but i think i have a paint job that might work!!!......as long as i can successfully paint carbon fiber, i will be fine.......and dont say get the stickers!!! they look sooo fake

i thin on the back, ill put either chaos, or the character in carbon.,.......like i have in the pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbon chaos.jpg (53.4 KB, 232 views)
Old 11-13-2002, 07:56 PM   #426
Tech Regular

That works, I like that there are less checkers, and I like the small spots of blue.

I'm assuming the carbon fiber effect is really hard to do???
Old 11-13-2002, 07:57 PM   #427
asd
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to asd

i ahve an idea, get those carbon fiber stickers
j/k, i hear its REALY hard to do a carbon fiber effect, good luck
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 09:04 PM   #428
Tech Master

Tool liners! I saw it a long time ago.
Make sure you tape down the tool liner well. Your going to have to mask teh edge of the carbon fiber first and then put the tool liner on top and then tape the tool liner down well after that. If you are using spray cans, do it slow and spray from far away. It is easier somewhat w/ airbrushes, but if it moves, your dead .

I like that body better, pretty good border design. The only problem is that you're going to be painting it in how long, half a month?
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 09:10 PM   #429
Tech Adept

(tear) Lazy, your touching a real tender spot!!!......(tear)......i actually get to make a hobby shop run in 12 days......which is 3 days less than half a month!!! so there.........but still, 17 days till their is a car to mount it on........(crying on the floor in sheer agony)
Old 11-13-2002, 09:23 PM   #430
Tech Master

Quote:
posted by Nytrochaos

(tear) Lazy, your touching a real tender spot!!!......(tear)......i actually get to make a hobby shop run in 12 days......which is 3 days less than half a month!!! so there.........but still, 17 days till their is a car to mount it on........(crying on the floor in sheer agony)
you forgot about being in a fetal position ( Ace Ventura: Pet Detective)
Old 11-13-2002, 09:53 PM   #431
Tech Adept

u need to get out more
Old 11-13-2002, 10:05 PM   #432
Tech Master

Quote:
posted by Nytrochaos
u need to get out more

they don't like me.

I haven't seen that movie in like 7 years, I have no idea how I remember any of it. While I can remember that, I can never remember what tonights homework is ? A horrible dilema...
Old 11-13-2002, 10:28 PM   #433
Tech Addict

InitialD: you are right about the gearing thing...
reducing 1 tooth on the spur is only 1/43% decrease but increasing 1 tooth on the pinion is 1/16% increase which is almost 3 times as much as 1/43%

i am using the stock gearing as an example, which is 16/47 and 20/43
ME-student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 06:15 AM   #434
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to JordanC

Quote:
In my limited experience in RC matters, I don't think a tooth difference in the SPUR would help much in straight line speed. Not bashing Mugen or anybody but calculations would prove that the straight line speed is not affected when changing spurs then as by changing pinions. Please correct me if I'm wrong... If Robbie said that he changed to a one tooth lower PINION and experienced more straight line speed, I would believe him without any hessitation...
You shouldn't, if you change your pinion from a 17t to a 16t for aguments sake, you would lose top end, but gain acceleration. in regards to the spurs, and small amount of fine adjustment is a good thing. If you can change spurs to gain a small amount of acceleration, or top end, great. Perhaps you need a slightly different load to get an extra 10sec run time, then that spur is not such a waste of time. Saying that there's no point is like saying you may as well not change shock oil unless you go from 20wt, to 60wt. These cars are all about fine tuning!
JordanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 06:18 AM   #435
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to JordanC

Quote:
sorry to change the topic again, but i think i have a paint job that might work!!
Did you get a look at the Australian touring car site after all that?
JordanC is offline   Reply With Quote