Mugen MTX-3

Reply

Old 05-27-2003, 07:01 PM
  #4276  
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,275
Default

NO, NOT SHORT TERM.

I had a RB X12 5 port loose it's compression very early in it's life and I sent the p/s to OS Rocket for resizing.

After a very short re- brak- in the engine ran strong as a bull for 2 full racing seasons.

Since that time I'm a religiuos customer of OS Rocket and every engine he did for me ran better and longer afterwards.
stefan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 07:02 PM
  #4277  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by Ah10
Here is your answer!

Check THIS out, Kawahara Delin rear lower arms. They are very strong, I had it on my mtx2 when I had the car, and it last forever!
i had this arm on my MTX2 and they works great. it also removed the slop if you use the stock arms.
Manticore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 07:05 PM
  #4278  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Receiver batt. connection

Originally posted by click, dublin
Hi Guys,

Has anybody got a bullet-proof solution for connecting the receiver batt. to the receiver.

I stopped using switches years ago as I always had problems with them. They all seam to be quite cheaply made.

I use a batt. extension lead from the receiver & connect this into the batt. when I need to.

But I've found this can also have problems, especially in the wet.

So . . . Any solutions? I've thought of using a high quality micro switch from an electronics supplier?


All the best
get one which is dust/water proof. micro switch is prone to malfunction with dirts.
Manticore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 07:09 PM
  #4279  
RCTech Member #2
iTrader: (5)
 
TSR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 5,957
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by rcfiend
Hey guys I have been away from gas for a little while, playing with the electric stuff. Time to break out the MTX-3, don't know what came over me. Couple of questions.

1. What diff oil are you guys using in your rear diffs w/one-way installed?
2. When do you know to increase or decrease the thickness of the diff oil?
3. The directions are some what vague, but how do the different blocks for the front and rear impact the cars handling?

Thanks
The different blocks change the roll center. A is low roll center, B is mid, and C is high roll center.

Raising the roll center will add traction, and some chassis roll to the car. Lowing the roll center will take away chassis roll, and remove some traction.
TSR6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 07:09 PM
  #4280  
Tech Elite
 
kevink2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Glendale, Calif.
Posts: 2,154
Default

Originally posted by stefan
NO, NOT SHORT TERM.

I had a RB X12 5 port loose it's compression very early in it's life and I sent the p/s to OS Rocket for resizing.

After a very short re- brak- in the engine ran strong as a bull for 2 full racing seasons.

Since that time I'm a religiuos customer of OS Rocket and every engine he did for me ran better and longer afterwards.
Good for you then. That's one. Anyone else?
kevink2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 07:10 PM
  #4281  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
kilokhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Southern Moon Base
Posts: 164
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

If you intend to spend a little bit of money Get KO switch.. works like charm... got a batt indicator too


MANTICORE u got my message ?
kilokhan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 07:13 PM
  #4282  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by kilokhan
If you intend to spend a little bit of money Get KO switch.. works like charm... got a batt indicator too


MANTICORE u got my message ?
yes i did, i am reading it now
Manticore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 07:20 PM
  #4283  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by kilokhan
If you intend to spend a little bit of money Get KO switch.. works like charm... got a batt indicator too


MANTICORE u got my message ?
check your PM !!
Manticore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 07:46 PM
  #4284  
Tech Fanatic
 
ilaybrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: bealeton VA
Posts: 955
Default

stefan can you give me his web page would like to send him this s3 thanks
ilaybrk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 07:49 PM
  #4285  
Tech Fanatic
 
RClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 869
Default

Originally posted by Manticore
rear shock tower a revised version. much stronger then the first version.
where's the first version manti?
RClover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 08:05 PM
  #4286  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by RClover
where's the first version manti?
i dunno, but the first time i saw that thing was weak and the one i;ve got is more beefed.
Manticore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 09:25 PM
  #4287  
Tech Fanatic
 
RClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 869
Default

Originally posted by Manticore
i dunno, but the first time i saw that thing was weak and the one i;ve got is more beefed.
u got it from Mr Lam yesterday? i am gonna miss this lovely tower b'cos he could have sent my parcel away today already... well, till my next order in few months time...
RClover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 09:40 PM
  #4288  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by RClover
u got it from Mr Lam yesterday? i am gonna miss this lovely tower b'cos he could have sent my parcel away today already... well, till my next order in few months time...
we guys are making snakers and Ass o car owners envy on us getting so many, inexpensive, effective hop ups for our cars.
Manticore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 09:51 PM
  #4289  
Tech Fanatic
 
RClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 869
Default

Originally posted by Manticore
we guys are making snakers and Ass o car owners envy on us getting so many, inexpensive, effective hop ups for our cars.
true...true...veri veri true..!!! but..but, some Ass o will say 'if you add up all the hop-ups, that will cost more than Ass o car and anyway the Ass o car is already strong like a tank...blah..blah..blah'
RClover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 12:56 AM
  #4290  
Tech Elite
 
Corse-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 2,121
Default Re: Receiver batt. connection

Originally posted by click, dublin
I use a batt. extension lead from the receiver & connect this into the batt. when I need to.

But I've found this can also have problems, especially in the wet.
Use the same but with the old Multiplex connectors, are much better to do battery connections on greasy/messy cars.
Corse-R is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service