Send a message via AIM to patelladragger
Default Re: pasted from Starting Grid:

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
#135 of 135 by robbie collins (slowme) on Wed Nov 13 13:04:53 2002:

PS; I take back what I said about the straightaway speed being the
same, I changed to a 42 gear for second and the car had plenty of
straightaway speed.

WoW what a difference one tooth can make.
And yes this gear will be avalible.
lovely! Looks like mugen cares about the gearing after all. Can't wait to get hold of this car now!
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 01:00 PM   #408
Tech Regular

Thanks Stefan and Patella for clearing that up. Robbie Collins may not be a "factory" driver, I'm not really sure, like you said, he might just be an employee. Regardless, your right, he's not Kenji Osaka by any stretch of the imagination; nor would he claim to be im sure.

Anyways, that's good that Mugen is addressing the needs of there customers.
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 03:46 PM   #409
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

Quote:
Originally posted by calimassive
Thanks Stefan and Patella for clearing that up. Robbie Collins may not be a "factory" driver, I'm not really sure, like you said, he might just be an employee. Regardless, your right, he's not Kenji Osaka by any stretch of the imagination; nor would he claim to be im sure.

Anyways, that's good that Mugen is addressing the needs of there customers.
Cali I wasn't trying to slight Collins by saying he wasn't an osaka, just saying that he may be a factory employee who also loves racing - but that's not the same as a factory sponsored racer. I really don't know what the deal is one way or the other I'm just going off what i've read in the past.

I too think it's a great sign mugen is coming out with more gearing.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 04:13 PM   #410
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to JordanC

what are the internal ratio's?
JordanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 04:14 PM   #411
Tech Regular

Oh, I know you werent slighting him Patella. I was just expressing my own opinion that I'm sure he's no Kenji Osaka.
But, yeah, I think your right, I dont think he's a factory driver.

BTW, you thinkin of giving the car a try?
Old 11-13-2002, 04:26 PM   #412
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to JordanC

It seems as though we are the last country in the world to get these things..... Apparently they have just arrived. Whoever is building one, do the kits assemble as well as the MTX2 (better/worse). Just curious about the quality of plastics out of the new mould?
JordanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 05:10 PM   #413
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default Jordan

I suppose that you have built a Mugen kit before, right?

Have you ever had any quality issues with Mugen?

I have built almost every kit they made and they even get better.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 06:02 PM   #414
Tech Regular

I wonder if the instruction manual has gotten better though?
Old 11-13-2002, 06:16 PM   #415
Tech Adept

the japanease translations are funny
Nytrochaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 06:32 PM   #416
Tech Regular

Yeah I heard the translations arent too good. Maybe Mugen should hire a professional translater? Sheesh... I'm assuming its not too hard to figure out though?
Old 11-13-2002, 06:39 PM   #417
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I just got the mtx-3 yesterday. Just starting to put it together now and I must the instructions are not the best, but this is my first mugen kit so I cant compare to the mtx2 instructions, Im just used to losi and Ae instuctions. I wish it would have came in a carrying case like the pro-spec and the xr works
tony montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 06:48 PM   #418
Tech Rookie

Smile

tony montana,
Can you post some pics of the mtx-3, while you are assembling you mtx-3 just like a manual? Thanks a lot.
mckenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 06:54 PM   #419
Tech Adept

well, i must say, from what ive herd, AE instructions are like heaven compared to mugen.......

and about the bag, compared to a quality piece of luggage, the bags that come in all the kits (ofna, Mugen, etc.....) are absolute junk!!!........if anything your lucky u didnt get this bag, and dont go out buying those trinity nitro hauler bags either those are made from the same porr quality company

If you were smart, you would wait a couple of months, when tamiya will be selling a r/c bag made by High Sierra ( www.hssc.com)

i have one right now, ( i have a connection!!) and its amazing!!.....i even got to help in the design faze, instead of cardboard boxes and dividers, it is a quality pice of luggage with adjustable sections to fit any car, or equipment you may have, this is due to removable, and adjustable velcro dividers....this bag also has a space for glow igniters, and a cell phone

the best part about it is that it has a high quality anondized (black) retractable handle, and inline skate wheels......

THIS BAG IS ALMOST AS COOL AS THE MTX-3
Nytrochaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 07:01 PM   #420
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Nytrochaos
well, i must say, from what ive herd, AE instructions are like heaven compared to mugen.......

and about the bag, compared to a quality piece of luggage, the bags that come in all the kits (ofna, Mugen, etc.....) are absolute junk!!!........if anything your lucky u didnt get this bag, and dont go out buying those trinity nitro hauler bags either those are made from the same porr quality company

If you were smart, you would wait a couple of months, when tamiya will be selling a r/c bag made by High Sierra ( www.hssc.com)

i have one right now, ( i have a connection!!) and its amazing!!.....i even got to help in the design faze, instead of cardboard boxes and dividers, it is a quality pice of luggage with adjustable sections to fit any car, or equipment you may have, this is due to removable, and adjustable velcro dividers....this bag also has a space for glow igniters, and a cell phone

the best part about it is that it has a high quality anondized (black) retractable handle, and inline skate wheels......

THIS BAG IS ALMOST AS COOL AS THE MTX-3
it is amazing to see how you link up the name of mugen and tamiya !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote