Mugen MTX-3

Old 05-20-2003, 02:36 AM
Tech Regular

Default Motorman

Hey Dennis give me a call when you get a chance. I'd like to talk to you about tires and parts. I had some time yesterday and went down to Toledo and ran about 200 laps. The car is dialed... and my Jaco's don't have any rubber left on them...hehehehe.
Old 05-20-2003, 03:57 AM
Tech Master

Default Bearing supported arms

I have seen this website...waupline.com They have bearing supported suspension arms available for the MRX3... and say that they are planning to build them for the MTX3....
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-m2.gif  
Old 05-20-2003, 03:58 AM
Tech Master

here's another part....
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-m1.gif  
Old 05-20-2003, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

and one more....
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-m3.gif  
Old 05-20-2003, 04:14 AM
Tech Regular

Default Bearing Supported Arms and Longevity

I really have my doubts about there cost effectiveness. NOT WHETHER they work or not. These arms will have less friction, but the standard arms are already pretty good(good enough for our use). The bearings in these arms are not designed for HI Loads or lateral loads. One good bump in the boards and they will be toast!! One small bang in the boards and you will have plenty of slop in them. These arms will probably cost five times what a standard replacement arm will cost. In other words.........whatever floats your boat.....if you have money to throw away...go for it. Ever wonder why a passenger car doesn't use bearing supported suspension arms?
Old 05-20-2003, 04:58 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Bearing Supported Arms and Longevity

Originally posted by Rayj
I really have my doubts about there cost effectiveness. NOT WHETHER they work or not. These arms will have less friction, but the standard arms are already pretty good(good enough for our use). The bearings in these arms are not designed for HI Loads or lateral loads. One good bump in the boards and they will be toast!! One small bang in the boards and you will have plenty of slop in them. These arms will probably cost five times what a standard replacement arm will cost. In other words.........whatever floats your boat.....if you have money to throw away...go for it. Ever wonder why a passenger car doesn't use bearing supported suspension arms?

agree
Old 05-20-2003, 05:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK, my spies have informed me that someone was practicing Monday at the Toledo track. He also tells me that the car was diillled. That must have been you Rayj. Care to share?

P.S. Please?

Last edited by mcsquish; 05-20-2003 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-20-2003, 07:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

i would love to have a ford falcon body i saw them on speed channel during a broadcast of racing in australia its been a while so i couldnt remember the name of the car just that it was a old ford name i am guessing those bodies would be made by trinity right i already want one i remeber wishing they made them while i was watching that race i especially like the green headlights
Old 05-20-2003, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: My MTX-3

Originally posted by Sike
Picture two: that's it for now.
May I recommend you using the Tobee Craft Light Weight Mid Shaft, since it comes ready as Purple Anodized.
Old 05-20-2003, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Bearing Supported Arms and Longevity

Originally posted by Rayj
Ever wonder why a passenger car doesn't use bearing supported suspension arms?
hmm... wonder if the passenger car can travel as fast as the nitro car when compare as 1:1 in any aspect. Wonder no more, as there are rules that works on the nitro car but don't work on the real ones.
Old 05-20-2003, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Bearing Supported Arms and Longevity

Originally posted by eddiethefish
hmm... wonder if the passenger car can travel as fast as the nitro car when compare as 1:1 in any aspect. Wonder no more, as there are rules that works on the nitro car but don't work on the real ones.
Or the acceleration from standstill (sure: a Top Fuel dragster would resemble like the impala of your aunts) or the lateral G-forces that for sure that kill all the ones that were brave enough to ride on it (for not talking of the brushed boards, loopings, airbornes and rude landings that some of our cars are subjected to... ). Frightening only by the fact of thinking on...
Old 05-20-2003, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: My MTX-3

Originally posted by eddiethefish
May I recommend you using the Tobee Craft Light Weight Mid Shaft, since it comes ready as Purple Anodized.
Eddiethefish or anyone: In terms of mid shafts, which product would be better: the lightweight alumin or titanium? I've seen the alumin pieces and they are very light, but would durability be an issue?

Thanks
Old 05-20-2003, 08:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

i have the aluminum mid shaft

it was $8 the cheapest of all the shafts it is also the lightest as far as i know

i think the possiblity of breakage is really low i think the belt or pulley would be ruined far before the shaft

to break it would require alot of force and it has no where to come from IMO you would have to lock up the front wheels and apply alot of force to the shaft for a problem to occur and i dont think it could happen because the belt would skip
Old 05-20-2003, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

But durability in terms of the alumin shaft getting warped or tweaked in the long run. Would that happen, being that it is a very lightweight alumin? $8 is a good bang for the buck mod too.
Old 05-20-2003, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

I've got hollow titanium mid shafts in my MTX-3 and MRX-3. I'm not an engineer, but I would think the ti would outlast the alum.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.