R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2003, 12:05 AM   #3826
Tech Fanatic
 
RClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 869
Default

just wondering if there's any way that we can check tweaked chassis without using the tweaked station...??
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 12:31 AM   #3827
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 61
Default thanks

thanks manticore for all your help but just want to double check the five star shock shafts are titanium nitride coated correct????does harmony carry them also as far as shipping do the offer priority mail((im not home during the whole day so i need my package to go to my maibox,)
rcdubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 12:37 AM   #3828
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by rcdubs
thanks manticore for all your help but just want to double check the five star shock shafts are titanium nitride coated correct????does harmony carry them also as far as shipping do the offer priority mail((im not home during the whole day so i need my package to go to my maibox,)
yes, check harmony. i trust this store even if I need to walk in a store in HK.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 12:38 AM   #3829
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

dunno if it is Ti nitride or just Ti coat. it is golden color and suppose to be harder and not easy to be scratched.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 01:01 AM   #3830
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 61
Default k-factory centax clutch,

thanks again manticore,more questions,does the mtx2 kawahara centax clutch fit on the mtx3 and you or anybody has tried the k factory centax clutch for the mtx3 or any other car,just need some info on the k-factory centax clutches

thanks
rcdubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 01:03 AM   #3831
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: k-factory centax clutch,

Quote:
Originally posted by rcdubs
thanks again manticore,more questions,does the mtx2 kawahara centax clutch fit on the mtx3 and you or anybody has tried the k factory centax clutch for the mtx3 or any other car,just need some info on the k-factory centax clutches

thanks
the mtx2 clutch will not fit but if you replace the fly wheel and engine mount it will fit.

dunno much about k factory clutch. the kawahara ss clutch will fit i believe.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 02:46 AM   #3832
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 778
Send a message via Yahoo to speedy100
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: mtx 3 questions

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
tire consumption rate depends on track conditions, driving style, engine power etc etc.

the 19/16 provides you OD in the front i.e. you may use smaller front tire to improve steering characteristic. diameter split front and rear is 3mm to obtain 1:1 ratio.
thanks to manticore. can shorter belt also obtain fast response in accleration ? some ppls said it works well in a small track with shorter belt. i guess the pully 19T front and 16T rear is not interchangeable, right ? thanks
speedy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 02:48 AM   #3833
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: mtx 3 questions

Quote:
Originally posted by speedy100
thanks to manticore. can shorter belt also obtain fast response in accleration ? some ppls said it works well in a small track with shorter belt. i guess the pully 19T front and 16T rear is not interchangeable, right ? thanks
the shorter belt is like 363mm Vs 375mm and i dont think the difference is so significant. it has a shorter belt because the drive pulley have become smaller not because of better acceleration.

to do this, you put the rear 19T to the front and use an extra 16T to the rear of the long belt.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 02:49 AM   #3834
Tech Fanatic
 
ilaybrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: bealeton VA
Posts: 955
Default

the kawahra ss clutch does work you must modify chassi to except 4mm moter screws and it works fine.
ilaybrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 02:59 AM   #3835
Tech Fanatic
 
RClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 869
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: mtx 3 questions

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
the shorter belt is like 363mm Vs 375mm and i dont think the difference is so significant. it has a shorter belt because the drive pulley have become smaller not because of better acceleration.

to do this, you put the rear 19T to the front and use an extra 16T to the rear of the long belt.
are you guys talking about replacing the 24T front side pulley to 19T? and replace the side rear pulley of 19T to 16T?
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 03:00 AM   #3836
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 778
Send a message via Yahoo to speedy100
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: mtx 3 questions

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
the shorter belt is like 363mm Vs 375mm and i dont think the difference is so significant. it has a shorter belt because the drive pulley have become smaller not because of better acceleration.

to do this, you put the rear 19T to the front and use an extra 16T to the rear of the long belt.
thank you for the tips. i will try to see the difference. one more question, is the 363mm shorter belt only supplied by kawahara. does mugen have 363mm belt ? is it a good combination for stratus 2.1 or better to use VDS body..
speedy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 03:02 AM   #3837
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 778
Send a message via Yahoo to speedy100
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: mtx 3 questions

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover
are you guys talking about replacing the 24T front side pulley to 19T? and replace the side rear pulley of 19T to 16T?
yes
speedy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 04:32 AM   #3838
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: mtx 3 questions

Quote:
Originally posted by speedy100
thank you for the tips. i will try to see the difference. one more question, is the 363mm shorter belt only supplied by kawahara. does mugen have 363mm belt ? is it a good combination for stratus 2.1 or better to use VDS body..
mugen doesnt have the 363mm belt. it is supplied by kawahara or you may be able to source it from those industry supplies.

I run the OD conversion with stratus body and it works well
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 07:17 AM   #3839
Tech Fanatic
 
RClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 869
Default unbelievable setting..

met up with the guy that i mentioned the other day who was on Full Diff with foam tyres.

Here's what he told me:

Front:
Diff with 7000 oil
Kyosho Green Spring
Shock oil 350
Ride height 9mm
Piston 2 holes
Anti Roll Bar Flat
Droop 1mm
Camber 1 deg
Toe 1 deg
Ankerman A

Rear:
Diff with 1000 oil
Kyosho Orange spring
Shock oil 700
Ride Height 13mm
Piston 1 hole
Stock sway bar
Droop 2mm
Camber 4 deg
Toe 2 deg
Rear Block combo - AB

can you believe this set-up?
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 07:21 AM   #3840
Tech Elite
 
Corse-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 2,121
Default Re: unbelievable setting..

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover
met up with the guy that i mentioned the other day who was on Full Diff with foam tyres.

Here's what he told me:

Front:
Ride height 9mm

Rear:
Ride Height 13mm

can you believe this set-up?
Is an Off-Road setup or a Rally Game setup?
__________________
Cheers,
Corse-R
---
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:34 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net