R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-12-2003, 03:15 AM   #3796
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Novarossi
Since we are one the subject and I haven't been here in ages....
Square Transponder mount
where is your fifth post?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 03:29 AM   #3797
Tech Elite

Quote:
Since we are one the subject and I haven't been here in ages....
Square Transponder mount
Your transponder is installed upside down, you may have problems with it (not counting correctly laps and other horror stories).

The power cable should be face to back and the underside part of the transponder (the one that doesn't carry any letter or led) should face to the ground. See your transponder installation directions.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 03:49 AM   #3798
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I there a direct correlation(sp?) between the "A" ackerman setup and dogbone ejection/CVD breakage?

Right now i'm working on a steering limiter to prevent ejection and breakage.
I have a 3x18mm screw screwed in from the top of the steering link ball and through the knuckle arm. I then used a 3mm spacer and a locknut. The longer screw prevents the knuckle arm from rotating past the area between the upper and lower arm thus limiting excessive steering throw. The only problem is that it doesn't limit it when the suspension in under full compression(a longer screw will help). I haven't tried this mod yet but i'm confident it will work.

I'll let you guys know if it works after this coming Sunday.
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 03:49 AM   #3799
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
where is your fifth post?
Im retired, no need for a fifth body post

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 03:58 AM   #3800
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Your transponder is installed upside down, you may have problems with it (not counting correctly laps and other horror stories).

The power cable should be face to back and the underside part of the transponder (the one that doesn't carry any letter or led) should face to the ground. See your transponder installation directions.
Ahh Corse-R my Spanish friend, I think you need to read the AMB instructions ...

Off the AMB instructions...

Quote:
The transponders should be mounted horizontally, no higher than 15 cm/ 6 inches with no metal or carbon fiber between the transponder and detection loop.
Note :No carbon fibre, we actually tested this and it had a higher strength on the computer signal this way

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 04:34 AM   #3801
Tech Champion

Quote:
Im retired, no need for a fifth body post
you dont need a transponder if you are retired ! just like me !
Old 05-12-2003, 04:35 AM   #3802
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by FREAKAH
I there a direct correlation(sp?) between the "A" ackerman setup and dogbone ejection/CVD breakage?

Right now i'm working on a steering limiter to prevent ejection and breakage.
I have a 3x18mm screw screwed in from the top of the steering link ball and through the knuckle arm. I then used a 3mm spacer and a locknut. The longer screw prevents the knuckle arm from rotating past the area between the upper and lower arm thus limiting excessive steering throw. The only problem is that it doesn't limit it when the suspension in under full compression(a longer screw will help). I haven't tried this mod yet but i'm confident it will work.

I'll let you guys know if it works after this coming Sunday.
if you have that thing installed, you dont need to use CVD at all !
Old 05-12-2003, 06:05 AM   #3803
Tech Addict

Quote:
Ahh Corse-R my Spanish friend, I think you need to read the AMB instructions ...

Off the AMB instructions...

Note :No carbon fibre, we actually tested this and it had a higher strength on the computer signal this way
This is what I was talking about before. I know 2 guys with the Square switch/transponder mount and they have problems with the transponder counting if they run at a track that uses a bridge for the loop. The CF plate doesn't let the signal travel through. Everything works fine for loops buried under the track, just not the bridges. That's why I opted to keep the plastic transponder mount and mount the switch someplace else.
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 06:59 AM   #3804
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover
what's your setting ? Soft/ Medium/ Hard?

Are you on stock setup? what chages on the set-up? How about Tyres? I am going into a race this Sunday..Medium grip asphalt track with technical infield...
blade 45' front/rear 37' shore on high traction surface.

stock setting with bigger rear camber setting.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:14 AM   #3805
Tech Regular

Default Drag Brakes

Instead of a spring on the brake lever I used a small rubber band looped over the body post and brake lever. I couldn't find a spring and the small rubber bands works great.

Anybody know of a source for a solid front axle for the mtx-3? One ways are great but I like to have some brakes when the need arrives! The brakes with the standard brake pads have so little progressivity and and forget about using them unless the car is straight.

I also own an X-ray and found the springs to be a perfect match for the MTX-3 shocks. Xray's spring kits also come with pound and metric conversion rates with the spring kits.
RayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 09:19 AM   #3806
Tech Champion

Default Re: Drag Brakes

Quote:
Originally posted by Rayj
Instead of a spring on the brake lever I used a small rubber band looped over the body post and brake lever. I couldn't find a spring and the small rubber bands works great.

Anybody know of a source for a solid front axle for the mtx-3? One ways are great but I like to have some brakes when the need arrives! The brakes with the standard brake pads have so little progressivity and and forget about using them unless the car is straight.

I also own an X-ray and found the springs to be a perfect match for the MTX-3 shocks. Xray's spring kits also come with pound and metric conversion rates with the spring kits.
why do you need to put on a rubber band?

either kawahara or AIP (JustRC) has the solid axle adaptor.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:29 AM   #3807
Tech Regular

Default Rubber Band

It seems I'm having trouble getting the throttle and brake linkage right so that the brakes are complettely disengaged when going from on the brakes to on throttle. The rubber band just seems to keep the pads off the rotor better. Perhaps I need to get the teflon pads and forget this sanding and sanding of the standard pads.
RayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 10:23 AM   #3808
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Rubber Band

Quote:
Originally posted by Rayj
It seems I'm having trouble getting the throttle and brake linkage right so that the brakes are complettely disengaged when going from on the brakes to on throttle. The rubber band just seems to keep the pads off the rotor better. Perhaps I need to get the teflon pads and forget this sanding and sanding of the standard pads.
havent seen this problem from the MTXers on this board...you're probably the first! why cant you get the linkage set right? servo problem? or ??? linkage should be pretty easy to hook up and stra8 forward connection..
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 10:26 AM   #3809
Tech Fanatic

i know exactly what he means its the same reason i have the extra spring on my linkage just a percaution
jason102276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 10:27 AM   #3810
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
stock setting with bigger rear camber setting.
u mean more neg. camber?
i take that you are on Front One-Way/ Solid Rear combo?
cheers
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote