R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-04-2003, 11:03 PM   #3646
Tech Apprentice

thank you Im2Lazy & Manti

what about the Zac modded OS12TR's are they good? They dont seem that popular. I've never heard anyone mention them at all.

Last edited by BossPlaya; 05-05-2003 at 02:34 AM.
BossPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 03:18 AM   #3647
Tech Master

I haven't seen a ZAC modified OS 12TR, but a guy at the track modded his own, and it is crazy fast. Its one of the fastest on the track and it is only a 3 port.

My point is that it has potential to be very fast. But for a beginner, I think you should still be happy enough with a standard model. If you aren't satisfied, then you are a fast learner when it comes to racing. I would say I had too much power with something like this, before I really got my racing act together.
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 03:29 AM   #3648
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Im2lazy
I haven't seen a ZAC modified OS 12TR, but a guy at the track modded his own, and it is crazy fast. Its one of the fastest on the track and it is only a 3 port.

My point is that it has potential to be very fast. But for a beginner, I think you should still be happy enough with a standard model. If you aren't satisfied, then you are a fast learner when it comes to racing. I would say I had too much power with something like this, before I really got my racing act together.
thanks for sharing that with me today lazy

that was pretty funny when you told me about Taka going all out with his moded engine in the middle of the track
me43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 03:36 AM   #3649
Tech Master

Well, that's how he does it! Don't know he can though, but of course, I only run rubbers unless I'm gooffing off.
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 08:33 AM   #3650
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

HELP! I'm new at this "gas" sedan stuff and I need some help. I am running the MTX3 which I think is a great car and I raced it last weekend and it was a dream. This weekend, well I need some help. I haven't had time to read all 122 pages of the thread, so if this has already been covered, sorry. My problems are 1) I broke four Mugen "CVD" bones, and 2) I am having serious traction rolling problems. I am running the stock set-up except with a blade rear sway bar with 45F & 40R tires. And the track is very fast, big and bumpy. This week the traction was extream, and all the sedans would traction roll at least once. I have tried some changes, but I would like some expert advice.
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 08:42 AM   #3651
Tech Regular

Just wondering if anyone has tried the RC-Square Ti screw set yet?
Any feedback on quality would be great.

Cheers
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 08:50 AM   #3652
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by mcsquish
HELP! I'm new at this "gas" sedan stuff and I need some help. I am running the MTX3 which I think is a great car and I raced it last weekend and it was a dream. This weekend, well I need some help. I haven't had time to read all 122 pages of the thread, so if this has already been covered, sorry. My problems are 1) I broke four Mugen "CVD" bones, and 2) I am having serious traction rolling problems. I am running the stock set-up except with a blade rear sway bar with 45F & 40R tires. And the track is very fast, big and bumpy. This week the traction was extream, and all the sedans would traction roll at least once. I have tried some changes, but I would like some expert advice.
i think you are using the 3racing rear blade type sway bar. I am not using this sway bar but some say this sway bar is soft no matter how you adjust it.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 08:52 AM   #3653
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by snoopy
Just wondering if anyone has tried the RC-Square Ti screw set yet?
Any feedback on quality would be great.

Cheers
all socket head Ti screws are of good quality
Old 05-05-2003, 08:53 AM   #3654
Tech Champion

BYE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00016.jpg (60.5 KB, 159 views)
Old 05-05-2003, 08:55 AM   #3655
Tech Champion

Hi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00018.jpg (60.5 KB, 151 views)
Old 05-05-2003, 08:58 AM   #3656
Tech Regular

Thanks Manti,

You pick them up at harmony?
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 08:59 AM   #3657
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by snoopy
Thanks Manti,

You pick them up at harmony?
yes, supply is very tight. i think it is out of stock already !
Old 05-05-2003, 09:34 AM   #3658
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by mcsquish
Well, your problem is tough, but let's to dissectionate into smaller chunks (remember: Divide and conquer ).

- Regarding your broke Mugen CVD bones, very small I can say. I use the 3racing ones and they went without problems for me.
- Regarding your traction roll problems is quite tough, because you have a bumpy track that has lots of traction. Mi recipe:

Go for 45 front & 42 rears, use the Mugen silver sway bar (2.5mm) and switch to gray springs with something like a 70wt oil and some taller tyres (about 63mm) to try to absorb the ripples of the track.
Putting 2mm of shims on the rear upright should help too, because gives you more active camber during all the working shock travel.

An easy solution to your problems isn't usually, but my bet is going harder on general to alleviate your excessive grip (that is in fact what you makes to do backflips).
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 09:37 AM   #3659
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
Hi
Uhmmm! Kawahara blade rear roll bar I suppose....
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 09:57 AM   #3660
Tech Adept

Default Brake Pins

Hi uys,

Had a strange one today.

I noticed one of my brake plates had come loose.

I stripped the rear end & found I was missing the two long pins the brake plates slide on!!!

I had some spares from another kit but I was woundering has this happened to anybody else?

If not I'd check to see if the pins are loose.

All the best
click, dublin is offline   Reply With Quote