R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-04-2003, 09:19 AM   #3631
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to puma1824

Some more quick questions:

1. When attaching the STEARING servo, should I use the rubber grommets? If I don't how does this effect the spacing? From what it looks like the spacing needed for my servo (Hitec) accounts for the grommet to be in place. There is a significant ~1.5mm difference between using the grommet and not using it. Presently I don't have the grommets in place.

2. I read somewhere and it looks like in the pics that the battery configuration is 3 AA batts on the bottom and 2 AA on top. Is this correct? When I config the batteries that way the bottom 3 don't fit in the tray and the 2 up top hit the fuel tank. Anyone have pics of their battery config mounted to the tray?

Sorry if this is already posted somewhere within the 100+ pages but it's really difficult to find the answers quickly.

Thanks,
Puma
puma1824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 09:23 AM   #3632
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by puma1824
Some more quick questions:

1. When attaching the STEARING servo, should I use the rubber grommets? If I don't how does this effect the spacing? From what it looks like the spacing needed for my servo (Hitec) accounts for the grommet to be in place. There is a significant ~1.5mm difference between using the grommet and not using it. Presently I don't have the grommets in place.

2. I read somewhere and it looks like in the pics that the battery configuration is 3 AA batts on the bottom and 2 AA on top. Is this correct? When I config the batteries that way the bottom 3 don't fit in the tray and the 2 up top hit the fuel tank. Anyone have pics of their battery config mounted to the tray?

Sorry if this is already posted somewhere within the 100+ pages but it's really difficult to find the answers quickly.

Thanks,
Puma
you should put the rubber grommet in place. there are different spacer on the plastic tree and you should be able to seat the servo properly with the spacers.

you need to use AAA size battery rather then AA size.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 12:32 PM   #3633
PG
Tech Rookie

Did anybody's MTX 3 came with an MR-12 Turbo, if so, what's a good replacement plug for it? I use 30% nitro.
PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 12:50 PM   #3634
Tech Addict

When attaching the STEARING servo, should I use the rubber grommets? If I don't how does this effect the spacing? From what it looks like the spacing needed for my servo (Hitec) accounts for the grommet to be in place. There is a significant ~1.5mm difference between using the grommet and not using it. Presently I don't have the grommets in place.

I use Hitec servos also. I don't use the rubber grommets, and my servos fit fine. I don't think using the grommets on the steering servo is a good idea anyway. It will produce too much "play" when trying to turn the car and make the steering very unresponsive.

Did anybody's MTX 3 came with an MR-12 Turbo, if so, what's a good replacement plug for it? I use 30% nitro.

Use a #6 or 7plug if using 30% nitro

Last edited by tekrsq; 05-04-2003 at 02:07 PM.
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 06:09 PM   #3635
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to puma1824

hmmm now I have to responses about the rubber grommets for the steering server Manticore says use them and tekrsq says don't....who to believe

-Puma
puma1824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 06:15 PM   #3636
Tech Elite

Quote:
hmmm now I have to responses about the rubber grommets for the steering server Manticore says use them and tekrsq says don't....who to believe

-Puma
They give them to you for a reason. They insulate the servo from vibration which will eventaully kill the servo. Hard mounting the servo will somewhat shorten the life of the servo. How much, I cannot say.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 07:14 PM   #3637
Tech Fanatic

ran mt mtx3 today oh what a car
ilaybrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 07:23 PM   #3638
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
They give them to you for a reason. They insulate the servo from vibration which will eventaully kill the servo. Hard mounting the servo will somewhat shorten the life of the servo. How much, I cannot say.
I agree......for the throttle servo. You don't want the steering servo moving around on you. If you can use them on the steering, and like the feel, then go for it, but I personally don't.

HONEYCUTT!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see you came back to your senses!!!!!!!!
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 09:22 PM   #3639
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to hicheef
Default MR12 stock needle settings

Whats up MTXers,
Does anyone know the stock needle positions for the MR12?? Any Response is much appreciated!!
Kevin
hicheef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 10:27 PM   #3640
Tech Elite

Quote:

-Puma
DEFINITELY USE THEM IN NITROS.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 10:40 PM   #3641
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by tekrsq
I agree......for the throttle servo. You don't want the steering servo moving around on you. If you can use them on the steering, and like the feel, then go for it, but I personally don't.

HONEYCUTT!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see you came back to your senses!!!!!!!!
I used rubber grommets on 1/8 but I didnt use it on my MTX2 when I first got on nitro tourer. Until I have both my first throttle and steering servos died, I put on the rubber grommet there after and they still survive. besides, I didnt use screws to bolt on the throttle servo but with wrap ties and this will also prolong the life of my digital servos.
Old 05-04-2003, 10:45 PM   #3642
Tech Apprentice

Is the O.S. 12TR a good choice for a beginner? I heard they are easy to tune and are reliable, yet still competitive. Opinions?

I was recommended the Integy Hippo starter box, anybody have any experience with that starter?

Sorry for newbie questions, i just really want to buy the right stuff and not have to waste time. Thanks.
BossPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 10:49 PM   #3643
Tech Master

The OS is a good engine which is torquey, but at the higher rpms, unless you port it, it has a hard time keeping up with the fastest, but for a beginner, I would recommend it over a Novarossi or sirio etc. It is quite easy to tune, but not as easy as something like a CV. If you truly are a beginner, I think an OS TR should be just fine.
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 10:59 PM   #3644
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by BossPlaya
Is the O.S. 12TR a good choice for a beginner? I heard they are easy to tune and are reliable, yet still competitive. Opinions?

I was recommended the Integy Hippo starter box, anybody have any experience with that starter?

Sorry for newbie questions, i just really want to buy the right stuff and not have to waste time. Thanks.
I have such starter box and it works very well. You dont need the dual motor version. The single motor works very well already.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:00 PM   #3645
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by BossPlaya

the OS TR is a nice motor with good bottom end but lack of top end and it is good for beginner due to its easy tunning.