R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2003, 03:26 AM   #3481
Tech Fanatic
 
RClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 869
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Hey! 100K on low grip parking lot? on a high traction track with 42's and gray spring I went up to 50K.

Return to the 10K oil on the diff to smoothen the bad manners of that guy coming out the turns. The difference on diameter of the tyres have too the responsibility of your handling problems. Change to a new set of softer foams (35sh for example).
i was too lazy to change at the track
went to another local track today, how would you classify a smooth asphalt parking lot track? track surface not as rough like yesterday one...
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 03:28 AM   #3482
Tech Fanatic
 
RClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 869
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Speed De
What would you guys say if I tell you that my LHS wants to sell me the MTX-3 for 800$??? Pretty funny . Maybe I won't be able to drive it after all.
i will take it if its Rupiah 800..
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 04:39 AM   #3483
Tech Elite
 
Corse-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 2,121
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover
i was too lazy to change at the track
went to another local track today, how would you classify a smooth asphalt parking lot track? track surface not as rough like yesterday one...
Ended having 3 different diffs: 10K, 30K and solid. So I can do quick changes (if you can consider quick the need of almost dismantling all the rear end.

So when I'm at the track I can do 'fairly' quick diff changes. Sheesh! how I envy the adjustable diff of the Snakes.
__________________
Cheers,
Corse-R
---
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 04:40 AM   #3484
Tech Apprentice
 
kaikiok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: malaysia
Posts: 73
Default Carlsen-tuned MR-12

V-1-R, I run on sponge 42 front 40 rear,
BTW for those asking about carlsen-tuned MR-12, I bought mine from a LHS in malaysia, I was informed this engine (GT, GT3 and GT3R) are available in hongkong. Maybe some of you guys from hongkong can clarify this. I got mine (5P-GT) for about HKD1800.

Maybe Manticore can brief us on this engine?
kaikiok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 05:46 AM   #3485
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Carlsen-tuned MR-12

Quote:
Originally posted by kaikiok
V-1-R, I run on sponge 42 front 40 rear,
BTW for those asking about carlsen-tuned MR-12, I bought mine from a LHS in malaysia, I was informed this engine (GT, GT3 and GT3R) are available in hongkong. Maybe some of you guys from hongkong can clarify this. I got mine (5P-GT) for about HKD1800.

Maybe Manticore can brief us on this engine?
most of the local people believe that this carlsen is german brand while the engines are mod in Hong Kong !!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 06:59 AM   #3486
Tech Fanatic
 
RClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 869
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Ended having 3 different diffs: 10K, 30K and solid. So I can do quick changes (if you can consider quick the need of almost dismantling all the rear end.

So when I'm at the track I can do 'fairly' quick diff changes. Sheesh! how I envy the adjustable diff of the Snakes.

can we try to fit those Snake adj. diff into our 3? who wanna try first?

but one of the local top guys arent running this adj diff on his 705...run std diff with 15K grease... why? why? why?
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 07:02 AM   #3487
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover
can we try to fit those Snake adj. diff into our 3? who wanna try first?

but one of the local top guys arent running this adj diff on his 705...run std diff with 15K grease... why? why? why?
because ball diff sucks on GP !!!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 07:03 AM   #3488
Tech Fanatic
 
RClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 869
Default Re: Re: Carlsen-tuned MR-12

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
most of the local people believe that this carlsen is german brand while the engines are mod in Hong Kong !!
is this the Carlsen who modify the C32..??? j/k
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 07:06 AM   #3489
Tech Fanatic
 
RClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 869
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
because ball diff sucks on GP !!!
there we have...Manti had already tried it long time ago...but doesnt work...true or false manti?
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 07:17 AM   #3490
Tech Elite
 
suntok2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Manila Philippines
Posts: 2,412
Send a message via ICQ to suntok2 Send a message via AIM to suntok2 Send a message via Yahoo to suntok2
Talking MTX3

[list]
The car has a good handling
suntok2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 08:20 AM   #3491
Tech Regular
 
puma1824's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 337
Send a message via AIM to puma1824
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover
i stretched the two belts side by side and discovered they are same lenght...
So do the RR belts fit the MTX3? Please advise...

Thanks,
Puma
puma1824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 08:27 AM   #3492
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default Re: Re: Carlsen-tuned MR-12

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
most of the local people believe that this carlsen is german brand while the engines are mod in Hong Kong !!
You are giving them credit by saying its done in Hong Kong....more probable some back street garage in the mainland!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 08:30 AM   #3493
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Re: Re: Carlsen-tuned MR-12

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
You are giving them credit by saying its done in Hong Kong....more probable some back street garage in the mainland!
micro motor should be considered as high tech industry ! should be done in HK in stead of China !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 08:32 AM   #3494
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Carlsen-tuned MR-12

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
micro motor should be considered as high tech industry ! should be done in HK in stead of China !
Ah OK.....they have probably moved into the new "Cyber city" over on the island then!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 08:39 AM   #3495
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Carlsen-tuned MR-12

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
Ah OK.....they have probably moved into the new "Cyber city" over on the island then!!!
so, when are you going to revisit the "Cyber City" ?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:26 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net