Mugen MTX-3

Old 04-28-2003, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

I'm going to be ordering some hop-ups today but can't decide which brand to go with...I can either purchace 3 racing or Sata Seiki. Would anyone know which brand I should go with? Was considering getting the following:

Alu. Anti-roll bar mount (Front)
Alu. Wheel Hex (4pc)
Alu. Mid Bearing Blockpad
Alu. Upper Brake Bracketpad
Alu. Engine Brace
Alu. Lower Brake Bracket
Center Support Mount

I can't decide which brand to go with.

Please give advice.

Thanks,
Puma
Old 04-28-2003, 03:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

go here http://www.justrc.com/ and get both as the 3racing brace has a roll bar mount on it so get osaki!!
Old 04-28-2003, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

Building Help with Clutch

Could someone help me on Step 38 (adjustment of the spring on the engine), on page 16.

* How many turns do need to turn the H0755 (recommended) for first run?

* Also could someone please explain Step 39 (putting the 2 speed gears and thrust bearing etc onto the engine), with regard to the number of washers? I don't particular understand how to determine the number of washers to use. I have followed the manual.

Thanks for you help

Sami
Old 04-28-2003, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Building Help with Clutch

Originally posted by ttektek
Could someone help me on Step 38 (adjustment of the spring on the engine), on page 16.

* How many turns do need to turn the H0755 (recommended) for first run?

* Also could someone please explain Step 39 (putting the 2 speed gears and thrust bearing etc onto the engine), with regard to the number of washers? I don't particular understand how to determine the number of washers to use. I have followed the manual.

Thanks for you help

Sami
1/. starts from 0.7mm of thread expose after the adjusting the nut. it is a good starting point for most of the engines.

2/. before you do this, you should get an assortment of different thickness of 5mm shims to make the adjustment. shim between the inner clutch bell bearing and clutch nut until the bell spins freely with the minimum gap between the clutch pad and clutch bell. adjust the shim with the trust bearing until you have end play around 0.3mm. this is the best setting for most of the engines. end play is measured with the clutch bell closest to the clutch pad vs farest from the clutch pad. simpily use a caliper to measure the clutch bell 1st pinion to the cap screw and the difference is the end play.
Old 04-28-2003, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for your reply, with regard to shims where do u get the 5mm ones from? any 5mm washer is ok? I will try your suggestions out tonight, and take some photos and post them on the web, to see if that it is ok.

Sami
Old 04-28-2003, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Carlsen MR-12

Originally posted by kaikiok
any of you guys ever heard of carlsern-tuned MR-12? I bought one recently as a replacement for my Sirio 5ports on my MTX3 and quite suprised with the performance. What really suprised me is.. I can get around 10mins run-time on high traction, medium size track. The performance is awesome compareable to JP or MS-tuned nova....if not better.
what setup r u running? foam or rubber?
Old 04-28-2003, 06:45 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks for your reply, with regard to shims where do u get the 5mm ones from? any 5mm washer is ok? I will try your suggestions out tonight, and take some photos and post them on the web, to see if that it is ok.

Sami
kyosho has these kind of shims with all the thickness in one pack. i.e. 0.1, 0.2 and 0.3 mm
Old 04-28-2003, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Building Help with Clutch

Originally posted by Manticore
1/. starts from 0.7mm of thread expose after the adjusting the nut. it is a good starting point for most of the engines.

2/. before you do this, you should get an assortment of different thickness of 5mm shims to make the adjustment. shim between the inner clutch bell bearing and clutch nut until the bell spins freely with the minimum gap between the clutch pad and clutch bell. adjust the shim with the trust bearing until you have end play around 0.3mm. this is the best setting for most of the engines. end play is measured with the clutch bell closest to the clutch pad vs farest from the clutch pad. simpily use a caliper to measure the clutch bell 1st pinion to the cap screw and the difference is the end play.
I am sure Manticore wanted to say 0.5mm, no 5mm ...
Right Manticore?
Old 04-28-2003, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Red face Happy birthday

FELIZ CUMPLEANIOS CORSE!!!

Hey, someone can help to figure it out how to use special characters?...... ETF (Eddie??)
Thanks
Old 04-28-2003, 07:06 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Building Help with Clutch

Originally posted by Pepe
I am sure Manticore wanted to say 0.5mm, no 5mm ...
Right Manticore?
no no, 5mm inner diameter with thickness of 0.1, 0.2 and 0.3mm
Old 04-28-2003, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Manticore,

Is it possible for you to post a picture or a link to the Kyosho shims? as the local hobby shop is 1 hour away, and I want to try to see if I can get it at the local nuts & bolts place down the road.

Thanks

Sami
Old 04-28-2003, 07:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: TANK FIX

Originally posted by Cartman
where the rubber gromets are (tank out) there and two rounded edges. file these away so the tank hole is completly square. the rear one sits on the welded joint and when the tank is fitted it touches and causeses the tank to fracture.
u mean to make (the two rounded holes on the radio plate) it become square!
wouldn't this make more room for the tank to move as the screw holes now become square?
Old 04-28-2003, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Building Help with Clutch

Originally posted by Manticore
no no, 5mm inner diameter with thickness of 0.1, 0.2 and 0.3mm
Oh! I see, Thanks for clarifying... I didn't know that kyosho had that.
Thanks Manti, u da man
Old 04-28-2003, 07:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Manticore,

Is it possible for you to post a picture or a link to the Kyosho shims? as the local hobby shop is 1 hour away, and I want to try to see if I can get it at the local nuts & bolts place down the road.

Thanks

Sami
these are very fine and small shims for RC cars...and i dont think you would see them in the local hardware store...
your kit should supply these shims for you...or you lost em'?
Old 04-28-2003, 07:17 PM
Tech Champion

Hi Manticore,

Thanks

Sami
i dont have a pic of the pack but it comes in a pack of 3 little bags which has 10 pcs of 5x8x0.1mm ; 10 pcs of 5x8x0.2mm and 10 pcs of 5x8x0.3mm shims

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.